Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Old 04-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #1121
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you're a-killin me, you silly Swiss-type pig dogs!!

fetchez la vache!!
Ma vache aime la moutarde
Old 04-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #1122
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
I would suggest you do one of these 2 options.. you want it tuned properly, especially if you are drag racing.. WOT with a bad tune can damage the engine.

Get a tune from Janetty.. he does mail order tunes. I don't know what you need in order to load it.. (nick@jre)

Contact LPE and get it done at the fest. they are going to have 11 people at the fest. They may be able to do that for you onsite. Send a PM to 'Graham Behan'. he reads the forums pretty often and will get back to you to let you know if they would do it on site.
Fesser is also in Pheonix. Between the three options one of them will get you right.
I agree with 600, WOT can bring about bad things in a bad tune!
If you go lean detonation can kill an engine in seconds...think a hole in a piston.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:51 PM   #1123
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
I would suggest you do one of these 2 options.. you want it tuned properly, especially if you are drag racing.. WOT with a bad tune can damage the engine.

Get a tune from Janetty.. he does mail order tunes. I don't know what you need in order to load it.. (nick@jre)

Contact LPE and get it done at the fest. they are going to have 11 people at the fest. They may be able to do that for you onsite. Send a PM to 'Graham Behan'. he reads the forums pretty often and will get back to you to let you know if they would do it on site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Fesser is also in Pheonix. Between the three options one of them will get you right.
I agree with 600, WOT can bring about bad things in a bad tune!
If you go lean detonation can kill an engine in seconds...think a hole in a piston.
I may check out one of those options.

I'm not too worried about the tune, it was dynoed and was running fine on the mixture. It's just that it is idling really low. And it wants to die.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:54 PM   #1124
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

I'm not too worried about the tune, it was dynoed and was running fine on the mixture. It's just that it is idling really low. And it wants to die.
IIRC your AFR was mid 11's and fuel pressure was constant.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #1125
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Good.. I hope that is all it is. (Idle adjustment in the tune)

Although, LPE or Janetty may find more power for you.. They are both masters with tuning these cars.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:58 PM   #1126
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
IIRC your AFR was mid 11's and fuel pressure was constant.

Quote:
Good.. I hope that is all it is. (Idle adjustment in the tune)

Although, LPE or Janetty may find more power for you.. They are both masters with tuning these cars.
If I were to choose a new tuner, it would have to make sense. Another guy 7 plus hours away wouldnt'.

I'd like to find someone closer. How can those guys find more power without a dyno?
Old 04-05-2011, 10:59 PM   #1127
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:

It won't be dying at WOT!
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #1128
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
It won't be dying at WOT!

It did the other day........

But only because it took the nanny nose dive after the TC kicked in.

At least I HOPE that's what it was......
Old 04-05-2011, 11:02 PM   #1129
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:

If I were to choose a new tuner, it would have to make sense. Another guy 7 plus hours away wouldnt'.

I'd like to find someone closer. How can those guys find more power without a dyno?
They are masters at setting up tunes for cars. your car's setup has already been done by both of the tuners.. they know what you need to set in the ECU.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #1130
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
after talking to a few more people, i trust the guy XXX uses (if you're looking for someone close). his tune is done on the street & then checked on the dyno.
...but i'd hate to have to pay for two tunes to accomplish one job that stinks.

and, for what it's worth, Penny idles at 500 just fine - totally different setup, but it happens and can work. i'm actually fixin to go get another log done so my tuner can figure out this fuel cutoff issue (or whatever it is killing my engine at 5500) - just waiting on the laptop to charge
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #1131
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Ma vache aime la moutarde
and your cow's crazy - actually MAD!!
mustard is gross!!
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #1132
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
They are masters at setting up tunes for cars. your car's setup has already been done by both of the tuners.. they know what you need to set in the ECU.
Mine is not very common. And wouldn't they have had to have an identicall setup on a dyno. Not many people running 1 3/4 primaries and no cats. My intake and exhaust is fairly common. It's the headers/cat thing that is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
after talking to a few more people, i trust the guy XXX uses (if you're looking for someone close). his tune is done on the street & then checked on the dyno.
...but i'd hate to have to pay for two tunes to accomplish one job that stinks.

and, for what it's worth, Penny idles at 500 just fine - totally different setup, but it happens and can work. i'm actually fixin to go get another log done so my tuner can figure out this fuel cutoff issue (or whatever it is killing my engine at 5500) - just waiting on the laptop to charge
I may end up over there. It's that every other wed thing that freaks me out.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:58 AM   #1133
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Quote:
Mine is not very common. And wouldn't they have had to have an identicall setup on a dyno. Not many people running 1 3/4 primaries and no cats. My intake and exhaust is fairly common. It's the headers/cat thing that is different.

I may end up over there. It's that every other wed thing that freaks me out.
I doubt your car will throw a curve ball to Graham at LPE, the man is a genus. A good tuner can datalog and tune on the fly very easily, just not very idea, nor ver safe to do WOT runs on local roads.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:59 AM   #1134
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
PQ,
Do you have your stock tune file?

Most tuners will want to start with that when/if they retune you car. You might want to put that file on a flash drive and take it with you to the fest just in case you find someone there to tune you car.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competition and good buds!, frodo likey, gta cheated, gta is a bully, pink tutu 4 chris, pq cheated, this is a tough thread