Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-22-2009, 10:54 PM   #1
1sickss

Drives: BADDEST SS IN ATL!!!!
Wanting to add some extra's will it void factory warranty??

i want to put the following on my car and was just wondering if any of these will void the factory warranty. i'm thinking about headers,intake,exhaust and having it tuned. i'm pretty sure the only thing i think that may be in question is the tune "am i correct?" thanks for the input guys
1sickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Read this

thread, it will help.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47643

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickss View Post
i want to put the following on my car and was just wondering if any of these will void the factory warranty. i'm thinking about headers,intake,exhaust and having it tuned. i'm pretty sure the only thing i think that may be in question is the tune "am i correct?" thanks for the input guys

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
1sickss

so adding headers will void your warranty???? WTF that blows
Old 10-23-2009, 01:02 AM   #4
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Tuned will for sure, and headers are quite likely to throw a code, needing it to get cleared by the dealer or tuned out, and once again, the tune will toast your warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:22 AM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
All but the tune are fine.

And, don't let the guys talk you into swapping ECM's. The dealer can find out. EASILY.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:11 AM   #6
1sickss

how will the car run with the headers,intake,exhaust not being tuned
Old 10-23-2009, 07:13 AM   #7
1sickss

Quote:
how will the car run with the headers,intake,exhaust not being tuned????
Old 10-23-2009, 08:49 AM   #8
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
I don't know how many times it has been said here...but here it goes again.

You mod your powertrain with anything (even a CAI), GM CAN void your powertrain warranty. Will they? Just depends on who you talk to and what all you have done to the car. If you want to mod your car, man up and be willing to take the responsibility for repairing your powertrain yourself. It is that simple. If you can't afford to take that risk, then don't mod. I'm not saying that everything you do to your car WILL result in a voiding of that warranty area, but it CAN happen and HAS happened.

Everything you are talking about doing is a potential area of powertrain warranty denial if you get "unlucky".

Think of it this way...let's say you want your toast quicker in the morning and you modify your toaster to heat up quicker and hotter...would you still expect sunbeam to cover the warranty? If you say no...then you're set to mod. If you say yes...mature some more then start modding.

Please don't come whining about GM voiding warranty on a modified item if you choose to mod. GM CAN and WILL void pieces of your warranty...I've seen it done.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote