Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-04-2010, 02:50 AM   #1
Motorhead79

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
A Tribute to my 2010 Camaro LS

I'll never Forget the day I ordered my new 2010 Camaro. It was in February and the deal almost fell thru, but 2 months later my beautiful Cyber Grey LS V6, Manual 6 speed, 2 tone interior, with no sunroof, and no racing strips had arrived and delivered at the end of April 2010.

It was a 200 mile test drive home for delivery, with a beautiful sunset to enjoy on the way home.

Not even a week old I had brought it to the local track Watkins Glen Interanational Raceway for some hot laps and some fun.

1 of the first mods I had done to the Camaro is I removed the stock engine cover to reduce heat soaking and increase heat dissipation. Along with installing a K&N air filter and Custom made ducting assembly with the help of my friend Mike.

I never thought in my wildest dreams that my Camaro would become part of something great in the making.
While visiting Lime Rock Park in Conn. with my close friend Mark we spent time with the Stevenson Motorsports Team.

Now earlier in the day I had purchased a set of 1SS interior trim panels at my local dealership. Mark and I had politely asked if the Team would kindly autograph 1 of the trim pieces.

Not only did they sign the trim piece but in appreciation the Stevenson Team had Mark and I sign my factory trim piece and had it installed in Sunoco Camaro 6

Throughout the summer I had attended several local car shows, and was amazed at how positive the spectators and other classic and modern car owners were to newcomer to the local scene. Living in Corning I would on average total about 130 miles to participate in shows. Yes it got expensive but it was fun.

While I attended the GM Nationals in Carlisle PA. I had a chance to catch up with some friends that I had met at the Philadelphia Auto Show Marketing Directors from GM and SLP Performance. While I was there Scott Roberts, Scott Settlmire, John Fitzpatrick, and Cheryl Pitcher all Signed my camaro. There all a wonderful group of people to talk to and are willing to help out in any way they can, it was a fantastic day!!

Scott and I still keep in touch from time to time, and still giving me alot of helpful advice. He also told be some interesting information about my Camaro. As it turns out my Camaro is only 1 of 33 to roll off the assembly line with it's custom build specs. So once I found that out it changed to whole game plan for doing any major mods that require cutting the factory components up.

Halfway through the summer I realized the next mod was more of a necessity than anything and it was 35% window tint. What a HUGE improvement and in comfort.

It's now September and things had gotten interesting at work yet again with cuts in pay and the possiblity of layoffs come the holidays, I've had to rethink my entire game plan. With 2 car payments and an ever depleating income I've had to take some necessary and unfortunate action. :(

Sept 24 I officially put my baby up for sale, and started to look around at dealerships for my next purchase to consolidate on cars. I made a deal with Elm Chevy here in Elmira, NY to trade in my 2010 Camaro and my 08 Chrysler 300.

Sept 26 I brought my Camaro to its last show with me as the season winds down. The sign under the hood displayed the details on what made her so rare and a photo album of Stevenson Motorsports Team and GM Representatives Autographing Her.

We Had one last HURRAH on the track with a fellow Camaro owner at The Glen after the show cause tomorrow would be goodbye.

Sometimes you need to make sacrifices in life and you could get alot in return. She was a great car and I hope that the person who buys you in the near future understands it's value and brings happiness to it's new owner like it did me.

I always try to look forward and persevere, and persevere I shall. Cause the best is yet to come.

Last edited by Motorhead79; 10-04-2010 at 03:01 AM.
Motorhead79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Hang in there! You did what you had to do to make it through a tough time. It would be a hard decision for anyone to do. I hope everything works out for you in the end!
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
This story seriously gave me the chills and brought tears to my eyes...

As a fellow 5thgen owner and HUGE fan of Stevenson Motorsports, as well as a fan of Scott Settlemire and crew, I cannot even imagine the bittersweet parting this must have been for you... :(

I had the extreme honor and privilege to meet you in person at Carlisle this past June and talk about the love of our Camaros...

I was thrilled to hear your stories of your time spent with the Stevenson Motorsports team as well...

Thank you for sharing this last story with me...

I hope you have the chance someday to be the owner of another 5thgen...

Good luck to you in your future endeavors...
Old 10-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
Motorhead79

I will say this that it is truly difficult to develop such a love and part with a car that has an unexpected history that was develope in such a short time. But I will say this it's not all doom and gloom cause my next post will be of my new toy. I just wanted to share my experiences I have had with my camaro. When I brought both the camaro and the Chrysler to the dealer and remove my belongings and some of the components I had installed it broke my heart cause it felt like an officer stripping someone of there medals.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #5
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
hope for the best for you and someday you will have another Camaro.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:29 AM   #6
Motorhead79

For those of you who have read this article please take the time to read the continuation to this journal on this other thread. Thank You!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...94#post2404194
Old 01-03-2011, 01:35 AM   #7
Motorhead79

An update to my journal entry is long over due. I would like to say thank you to everyone for your comments on this thread, it means alot to me that so many of we all share the same passion, not only for the camaros we drive but the driving community that we are all apart of. We look out for each other and that says alot in todays society.

Oct 11 2010 This is the last picture that I have of her, this was right after the detailers got her all cleaned up and ready for resale.

I had stopped into the dealership to give the SS its required check up and upgraded exhaust install. The day my LS hit the dealer lot it sold online to someone from New Jersey. He drove all the way up to Elmira to pick it up. He traded in his Chrysler Crossfire for it. Best of luck to the new owner she'll treat you well. Again thanks to all for your continued support.