Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-09-2024, 03:28 PM   #1
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Camaro 6

I have been looking at the 6th gen autos for sale and there is a bunch of ZL1 LE cars for sale. I mean a bunch! Why do you think so many are for sale? Payments or people have got them and do not like them or? I think I read but not sure don't the ZL1 1LE cars ride stiffer than a regular ZL1? Maybe that is it? I know there could be many reasons but it just amazes me that there are so many of those and not but a couple of regular ZL1's for sale. What do you all think?
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 07:24 AM   #2
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
My guess is people may be unloading them just to get some extra cash or get out from under a hefty monthly payment. Only a DD for hardcore car guys and for many its tough to have $65 to $90K tied up in a hobby car. Another thing I've noticed is some of our fellow enthusiasts love to have "the latest and greatest" of vehicles and unfortunately the ZLE has remained basically the same for the last several years. I'd sure LOVE to have one for part-time track duty but $$$ and space are limited. Hopefully prices will drop a bit and then maybe I'll consider.
Old 02-10-2024, 07:39 AM   #3
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
I was guessing what AZ said. We had a member and her husband some years back get a blue one when they were the latest and greatest and said those reasons, the high payments and just not a good DD and the car wasn't worth the starpower to them not racing it. IIRC they traded for a Silverado.
To AZ list for some of us might need to drive in an area where carjacking is something to think about. Also I was just looking at my insurance renewal trying to figure out why it's so damn high. Yahoo articles which many times are garbage are saying 20% ins rate jumps. This lights a fire under some of our butts to get rid of an extra car or two or could be some who' budget gets squeezed.
IIRC they ride too stiff for a normal person driving on the pothole streets. The fame pushed people to buy them but everyone but racers would be better served by the normal ZL1. Better reviewers said it was even stiffer than a Z28. I just don't find it so "cool" to be jolted that hard every few seconds. I'm gettin' old.

Edit: again depends where you live but car break ins are crazy around cities, they also rob people getting out of expensive looking cars more. Some people are dumping their fashionable rides for more generic looking cars. I saw a nice looking white BMW I was considering with bullet holes in it from his wife getting an attempt on her he was selling for that reason. This isn't a one-person story I've heard it from others after they were victims. Who has the rolex and wallet full of cash and newest iphone on them?
We don't want to get into politics but this isn't the America you grew up in.

Last edited by silversleeper; 02-10-2024 at 08:00 AM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 08:17 AM   #4
bsn

Probably a combination of several things, 99% of people that buy cars like the ZL1 1LE will never use them for what they were intended for. After the novelty and newness wears of they find out they are hard to live with on the street and become $75,000.00 garage queens. These cars are also in that market age where anybody that wanted one and could afford it has bought one and they will continue to drop in value every year no matter what the condition until the next generation of buyers that were too young/broke but have always wanted one will be at the age and financial maturity to drive the prices back up, Thats pretty standard model for any lower production sports car, the good news for Gen5 owners the prices have probably bottomed out and should start slowly climbing in the next 5 years. The fact that allot of financial wizards are forecasting a rough 2024 probably encourages people to sell too. In time they should be very desirable and allot of people will regret selling.
bsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 11:51 AM   #5
sswt00ss
Visualize°Design°Create

Drives: '18 CTS-V & '13 ZL1
SilverSleeper hit part of it. My daily driver: 800hp 2018 CTS-V was stolen from my work's parking lot, in the middle of a bright sunny day a few months ago. Walked out to glass where I had parked my car that morning. After all this time, I am still filled with pure rage.

Since then I have been considering selling both my 9,3xx mile, 2013 ZL1, 6spd AND 67,xxx, 1997 TA Ws6 Hardtop, 6spd. Driving has lost all enjoyment.

Eventually I'll get around to updating my "Drives" info to a GMC Acadia that was acquired in place of my stolen V.
sswt00ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 02:39 PM   #6
Bigtime53

Mod--- I wanted this in the camaro5 forum. Not here in the camar06 forum to get input from the 5th gen people. If you need to redo the heading do so please. Thanks
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 04:03 PM   #7
CTRifecta

Drives: 2SS 1LE
what others have said - good time to sell
Vehicle Built (per chevy chat bot) - 10/10/23
Window sticker available online - 11/4/23
Arrived at dealership - 11/10/23
CTRifecta is offline   Reply With Quote