Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #141
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaugh1990 View Post
I've changed my mind on the z/28. I will most likely be buying one when they come out, it will be a daily driver. Yes... A daily driver. Not a garage queen or track car, I will drive it and enjoy the #### out of that 427
Congrats. I wish you success on acquiring one.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #142
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Drives: '13 Camaro 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Congrats. I wish you success on acquiring one.
Thanks, I'm saving up big time to pay off my SS and get a z/28 at the same time. Hopefully ill be able to by early next year. I want to have the z/28 as a DD and then turn my SS into a 416 stroker, cammed, badass street machine. Ill have the z/28 as a collectors item even though it'll be my dd lol
JBA 3" CAT-BACK Model 40-3114
Cold Air Inductions intake (near-chrome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o-6g...ujjgV9wZo9jnXw

Quote:
I agree, my car without cats doesn't smell like rotten eggs, it smells like high octane Bad@ssness emitted through a natural speaker producing "Muscle Car Music"
ebaugh1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #143
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
I've changed my mind on the z/28. I will most likely be buying one when they come out, it will be a daily driver. Yes... A daily driver. Not a garage queen or track car, I will drive it and enjoy the #### out of that 427
Good for you.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #144
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Good for you.
I'd love to have that big ol 427, just awesome!

Quote:
I agree, my car without cats doesn't smell like rotten eggs, it smells like high octane Bad@ssness emitted through a natural speaker producing "Muscle Car Music"
Old 04-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #145
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Not much cooler than a 427 Camaro other than a 427 Camaro Z28!!!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #146
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Some people don't have the imagination to take their girl for a date at the track eh?

Cool guy: "Hey Baby! Want to go a date to a track day? Ride in a "race car" on a race track? Hooked on Driving is having an event at Thunderhill next week, let's go!"

Cool girl: "Ohhh! Yes! That sounds great! No guy has ever asked me to do that before! Sounds like so much fun I am going to wear my tightest jeans and no panties!"

DUH, Winning!
This! (is the best post in this thread.) Kudos.

I don't get all this fuss. You want a Z28 that performs like a 1LE with an LS7? Just get a 1LE, add LTs and a cam and poof! You have a Camaro as fast or even faster than a real 1LE LS7 would have been. Then go buy yourself some Z28 emblems and stick em on your fenders. Some might bust on you for that, But life is more fun if you think for yourself. You can even put 427 emblems on the motor. Without a teardown, no one can call you a liar!

Then just follow Zfatuated's dating advice with your style Z28 and still get lucky. Win-Win!
Old 04-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #147
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
Whoa whoa whoa, easy now. I think you totally misunderstood. I wasn't trying to say that it needed anything else removed, or that any of that weighed much of anything, or that it would gain a single thing by having any of it removed. It wasn't at all about weight or "too many things" or "not enough things". I thought my post was clear, but I guess I need to explain more clearly because there seem to be a few people who totally missed my point in one way or another...

A lot of people here (not all people here) are saying and have the idea that the Z/28 is a "stripped down race car with almost no creature comforts that just so happens to be street legal" and "you can't really use it for anything but track days" and things to that effect. I'm not going to quote anyone specifically, but there is a lot of that type of stuff in the many threads (large and small) about this car. I was saying that the Z/28 has a lot of comfort and convenience features... a whole lot of them... and if you step back and look at it from a completely fresh point of view, you might see that. For a car that really is designed for the track (by engineers and designers who put a lot of time and R&D into it - which costs a lot of money) with the best of the best performance parts (which cost a whole lot of money on their own), this thing is very useful and has a ton of extras! (no, not literally a ton). And that's a good thing!

For the record, I've been a regular poster on many car forums at various times for the last 14 years straight, and I've never once been called a troll... because I make it a point not to troll. I notice that that word gets thrown around a lot here and most of the time it isn't at all used appropriately. I may have a different viewpoint than someone (or someones), but that does not mean I'm trolling by expressing it.

Hopefully that clears up any misconceptions that there may or may not have been.

I believe the word for that these days is "passion". (No seriously, us lot do have a fair amount of it! No one I work with gives two flips about anything related... cars are nothing more than a necessary evil to get to work and back. I love the passion here!)
In that case, I may have read into your post a little more than necessary. I may have been a little trigger-happy initiating a response.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:48 AM   #148
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
It's all good.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #149
sho928

Drives: Porsche 928 S4, Mustang GT vert
Quote:
It's all good.

Right on, even the antagonist managed to convince members on the fence to go with the Z/28

Good discussion all around, it goes to show you need some negativity to bring out all the positives.
sho928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #150
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter13 View Post
That looks like a troll response, I think your 98 is a POS to, but hey some idiot had to buy that crap for Chevy to sell it..........I bet you like mustangs to......
Can't like Mustangs, as so far the guys who like this Z/28 the most tend to own a Mustang. It's disgruntled Camaro owners who seem to have the problem with it. Pretty much everyone in my local Mustang club thinks GM knocked this one outta the park.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #151
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Can't like Mustangs, as so far the guys who like this Z/28 the most tend to own a Mustang. It's disgruntled Camaro owners who seem to have the problem with it. Pretty much everyone in my local Mustang club thinks GM knocked this one outta the park.
I love my SS and I think GM did an exceptional job on the z/28. It's a RACE car, NOT a creature comfort car.

I plan on buying one and using it as a daily driver, though I would swap out the tires for something that will last longer than 3,000 miles or so.

If I make enough money this year I'd love to have my SS,

And also the following
2014 mustang GT turned into a BOSS 302
2014 Challenger srt8 392 stroked to a 440
2014 z/28

I'm a fan of cars with a beautiful body, regardless of the make. As long as its from one of the big 3 haha

Quote:
Old 04-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #152
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
The SS (super stripped) version of the Z/28

Quote:
Just how stripped down is the 2014 Z/28? Let's break it down.
It has (or most likely will- if not confirmed), in no particular order...

-power steering (variable assist electric)
-power brakes
-power mirrors Not required
-ABS
-power windows (express up/down) Not required
-power locks
-power trunk
-keyless entry w/panic alarm
-tilt steering
-telescoping steering
-cruise control Not required
-4 seats Not required i know they took some weight out but this car should be rated NC-17. And only passengers that should ride in the front should be photographers, track coaches, and enthusiast who get it
-6 airbags subtract 2 DGAF about five star rating crash rating on this model
-2 cupholders
-12V power outlet Not required one center console usb port only
-stability/traction control Not required competitive mode and off only
-radio with CD/MP3 player, AM/FM, XM, auto-volume, 6-page preset menu, 3-band EQ, 10-minute on-after-key-off feature, anti-theft, and one decent speaker Not required add a delete option that makes it only blue tooth, usb FM/AM only no XM
-steering wheel mounted controls shift hud control to here remove cruise control and radio controls
-configurable lock/unlock and horn/light settings Not required
-automatic headlights
-2 trip odometers Not required
-compass Not required
-exterior temp gauge Not required
-average mileage/speed displays
-message center
-delayed courtesy light
-heater/defroster Not required by buyers maybe by law
-rear defroster Not required by buyers maybe by law
-air conditioning (if you want it)
-cabin air filter
-huge trunk (albeit with a comically small opening)
-glove box (lockable)lock Not required
-door panel storage
-center arm rest/storage
-console front storage tray
-alarm
-auto-dimming rear view mirror Not required
-variable intermittent wipers
-windshield washer reduce the size significantly
-OnStar with lock-out protection, turn-by-turn, theft tracking, and emergency response Not required
-a full GM warranty. add sell back option
-and a partridge in a pear tree

There may or may not be a couple things I forgot.

Some of you sissies need to quit whining, this thing does everything but wash the dishes for you.

The edits I made make so that it now only takes out the trash!!!!!

IMHO there seems to be more weight loss that can be done to the Z/28 but i would imagine that they (GM) thought any more than what they have presented would be a little bit too far. If you don't get why there are less features in this car, or care what your friends will think, or some random person your dating about the price and lack of features,

DON'T BUY ONE.
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #153
ebaugh1990
Permagrin since 2/11/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
IMHO there seems to be more weight loss that can be done to the Z/28 but i would imagine that they (GM) thought any more than what they have presented would be a little bit too far. If you don't get why there are less features in this car, or care what your friends will think, or some random person your dating about the price and lack of features,

DON'T BUY ONE.
I agree!

I'd like to buy one and drive it daily because its a race car, not a touring car. You want a touring car with creature comforts, but a Prius.... Ill take my 427 cubic inch fuel thirsty american V8 with its loud exhaust, not having a radio in the car and all. It's a race car, you wanna have a conversation, wait till we get where we're going.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #154
orthojoe

Drives: Subaru BRZ, Porsche Boxster Spyder
Quote:
I'd like to buy one and drive it daily because its a race car

A race car belongs at the race track. Track cars make horrible daily drivers. Buy a race car because you're actually going to take it to the race track (not a drag strip).

Prediction: It will be very difficult to get an initial Z/28 allocation because of demand. Once people realize it is slower on the street and less practical than a ZL1, the crazy markups will die down or used Z/28s that have never seen the track will start popping up. This where I will step in.
orthojoe is offline   Reply With Quote