Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #71
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
looks good.
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:57 PM   #72
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
It definitely looks good!!! Magnaflow was and is the way to go!!!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:18 PM   #73
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunk View Post
give me some advice please....... I asked around everywhere I told them what I wanted and they all said why..I shopped a full year.today I did it went with magnaflow street series #18581 after being told my original choice would not produce what I was looking for.I am not real sure I am happy not for the cash I laid out.it does have a tone change I like, it has no change in volume,the ass looks sooo much better but Im not hearing my cash !!it is so frustrating.especially when every one told me to leave it alone it was fine the way it was and now it sounds the same.it makes you feel taken in a way you know the gains but they should be more,then he gives me options to try next with with maybe...
Not sure I have advice for you, but this is why I'm being so careful, patient, and asking so many questions before I buy. I'll never buy anything unless I have some kind of decent video or sound clip at least. Its not like hearing in person I know, but it can give you a good idea of what you'll get at least.

Did you hear the 18581 before buying it? Sorry it is not loud enough for you. Have you watched videos of the axleback and catback kits on the sticky V6 exhaust thread? If you have, and you like them better, then only advice I can give is to get rid of what you have and go for one of these.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #74
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
give me some advice please....... I asked around everywhere I told them what I wanted and they all said why..I shopped a full year.today I did it went with magnaflow street series #18581 after being told my original choice would not produce what I was looking for.I am not real sure I am happy not for the cash I laid out.it does have a tone change I like, it has no change in volume,the ass looks sooo much better but Im not hearing my cash !!it is so frustrating.especially when every one told me to leave it alone it was fine the way it was and now it sounds the same.it makes you feel taken in a way you know the gains but they should be more,then he gives me options to try next with with maybe...
Quote:
yes I did and I ask for the comp series he talked me out of it.and I typed in the number of the card was 18581.number on receipt is 16581.It cant be both its has to be the first it is a ss.yes I would change it in a heartbeat but it a matter of money.He came highly recommended he told me the clips meant nothing and his distributor said he talked a good talk,I shop alot we have no choices her and everyone knows everything.hell I live in the middle of go green go topless wicca,fairy dust
I'm not sure if you purchased this system from us or not but it is a 16581. The system will get louder and deeper over time, about 1000-1500 miles. We do offer Magnaflow tru x-pipes, you can use this product in place of your h-pipe and factory resonator to get a much more aggressive tone. It will also give you more HP over the OEM set-up. If you look at Magnaflow 16483 you'd basically have a 2.5" version if you used a 10791.

Please feel free to call, email or PM me anytime with questions! We'd be happy to help you achieve the sound your after and we offer great prices! Have a great weekend and we'll talk to you soon!

Kind regards,
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #75
FISHTAIL

Drives: Sedan & 2SS / RS
Quote:
I know for a fact that it does not sound like factory. Not by a long shot!

It sounds deeper and louder with the factory air intake and with the Airaid it tones down a bit. If you want loud, sounds like MRT V 1.0 is what your looking for.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:12 AM   #76
KMPrenger

Didn't realize until after I posted, but spunk has an SS.....wrong thread!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #77
bluedevil02

Drives: 2LT/RS
vids guys?
bluedevil02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #78
XLethal 360
2LT/RS Summit White

Drives: 2010 SW 2LT/RS
This is probably a stupid question but why cant you put the 16483 (Part number) v8 exhaust on the v6????

And what does the thing in the middle do? Is it necessary? ^^^^^^^^^
XLethal 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #79
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
the thing in the middle is a resonated x pipe. It replaces the factory H pipe and resonators in one smaller package!

It would fit, albeit it's probably slightly bigger tubing, I could be wrong. Again, as far as fit goes, it would work.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #80
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLethal 360 View Post
This is probably a stupid question but why cant you put the 16483 (Part number) v8 exhaust on the v6????

And what does the thing in the middle do? Is it necessary? ^^^^^^^^^
Can I ask why you would want to? I don't think adding a V8 designed aftermarket exhaust on a V6 car is going to get you any closer to V8 sound than a properly tuned V6 designed exhaust.

Is it cheaper or something??
Old 03-09-2010, 06:47 PM   #81
XLethal 360
2LT/RS Summit White

Drives: 2010 SW 2LT/RS
do just merely wondering if you could and because the v8 system is done with 3in tubing?

And with that v6 exhaust could you cut out the resonated x pipe to get a more raspier sound? Cause in theory you dont need it right?
XLethal 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #82
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
well I installed magna flow cat back yesterday with K & N filter replacement. I noticed more power, more response, no rasp, better fuel economy, and the sound is the same as the shown on the magna flow video.

I liked those huge tips !!
Old 03-09-2010, 09:14 PM   #83
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
i bought the street series also, wish I would have went with the comp though. . . street isn't much louder at all vs. stock.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:32 PM   #84
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
The resonated x-pipe will definately quiet it down...go with just the regular x-pipe if you want it to be a bit louder.

x-lethal, the V8 is stock 2.5" tubing