Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-20-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
Lightbulb CAI Opinions Tips and Tricks needed

I have been trying to research on which one to choose. I have seen some decent differences in HP gain anywhere from 26HP to 7HP. I have been looking at the intake by Spectre Performance. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Any tricks to get the most potential performance out of one?
CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Build Thread for my Z is in the works.....
PonyKiller74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
a sealed air box like a CAInductions or ADM Performance have shown to yield the best power on the dyno and the track. the added benefit of the ADM intake is the relocation of the MAF sensor inside the box where it can't get "heatsoaked" from the hot temperatures in the engine bay.

Jannetty Racing is doing another independent intake comparison and should have the results soon, they are testing a bunch of different brands.

if i didn't already have an intake i would be patient and wait for this test to come out before deciding which one to buy.

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:19 PM   #3
PonyKiller74

I appreciate that As I am still waiting very impatiently for my Camaro, I will be getting it in later August or early September which will most likely be a 2011. Long story short is I'm stuck in my lease til then. I have the funds reserved and am trying to get as much info on the parts I want as I can so when the time comes, I'm prepared.
CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Old 06-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyKiller74 View Post
I appreciate that As I am still waiting very impatiently for my Camaro, I will be getting it in later August or early September which will most likely be a 2011. Long story short is I'm stuck in my lease til then. I have the funds reserved and am trying to get as much info on the parts I want as I can so when the time comes, I'm prepared.
if its a GM lease, you might be able to work a deal with your dealer and order a 2011 with all the options you want.

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
PonyKiller74

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJewel2SS View Post
if its a GM lease, you might be able to work a deal with your dealer and order a 2011 with all the options you want.
Yup, already in progress with my buddy who happens to be the finance manager at the dealership. just issues of the day my lease is up and not sure if I might have to extend it a month or so til my order will be shipped and the 2011's hit the lots.
I just can't wait any longer, its killin me :bangdesk:
Old 06-20-2010, 02:23 PM   #6
PonyKiller74

Any word on the intake by Spectre Performance? how does anyone like it?
Old 06-21-2010, 01:04 AM   #7
PonyKiller74

Please?

Tags
cai