Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #225
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruznls View Post
T-Rex Grille & painted side splitter in the front would complete the look, you would still have front ground clearance, & body kit would look complete.....
My dealership actually gave me a T-Rex black billet grill...but I gave it back. I like the way it looks...it's just not the look I was going for on Envy. I love the GM V6 upper and lower grill and will never change it.

As far as the front splitter goes...there is a previous post with reasons why I don't like and will never install mine...and none of them have to do with ground clearance. IMO...the body kit looks complete...and the front splitter looks like an add-on. We all see something different when we look at our Camaros and that's okay.

Here's the other post...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=147
Old 03-07-2011, 06:53 AM   #226
CRChevy
MARO MAN

Drives: Orange 2010 Camaro 2RS
one of my fav maros nice job
Old 03-07-2011, 07:14 AM   #227
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Envy.... He has obviously struck a nerve with you but like it or not he is 100% correct. The 2010 Synergy edition was not even available with the RS package. Don't call it something it isn't. It's an RS clone... A damn nice one but a clone none the less. Any real Camaro enthusiast will pick out in a second it's NOT possible for that car to be an RS and you my dear will be the one who looks stupid. The RS pkg is not a dealer installed option. RPO WRS is the final say.

With that said, your car is stunning, all around RS or not! .

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaSSt View Post
When I see a picture of the original RPO sticker listing both "GHS" and "WRS" in your car I will believe you.

Otherwise you modded the car to look like an RS. But its not an RS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
The car was upgraded to an RS by my dealership before I took delivery...so the original window sticker from the factory does not read RS.

Like it or not...the RS package is just that...a package. You're car either has it or it doesn't. How many people do you think ask "where was that RS package installed at?"

And sorry...but ultimately...I don't guess I really give a crap whether YOU believe me.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #228
Envy
Bully Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Envy.... He has obviously struck a nerve with you but like it or not he is 100% correct. The 2010 Synergy edition was not even available with the RS package. Don't call it something it isn't. It's an RS clone... A damn nice one but a clone none the less. Any real Camaro enthusiast will pick out in a second it's NOT possible for that car to be an RS and you my dear will be the one who looks stupid. The RS pkg is not a dealer installed option. RPO WRS is the final say.

With that said, your car is stunning, all around RS or not! .
Apparently you missed this post. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=59

Or try this one. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=190

IMO you're the one that looks stupid bringing this issue up again.

But thanks for your opinion anyway and have a nice day!

Last edited by Envy; 03-07-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #229
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
envy. i love what u have done with the car. looks awesome. keep up the good work.
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:07 AM   #230
cruznls
cruznls

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Envy , I mentioned the grille & splitter because thats the only thing I could see left to do.
{There's always engine dress up} But ...
The fact is your car is one of the most Custom Camaros on this site.
Your list of Modifications prove that...
To win at an indoor show, must have been a Great Day *
As for this clone thing?..... Your car is "One of a Kind "
The judges new that ....... the color matching trophy is taller than the car.............
The awards are whats gonna' be cloned, they're gonna keep on coming ***
cruznls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:10 PM   #231
Envy
Bully Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruznls View Post
Envy , I mentioned the grille & splitter because thats the only thing I could see left to do.
{There's always engine dress up} But ...
The fact is your car is one of the most Custom Camaros on this site.
Your list of Modifications prove that...
To win at an indoor show, must have been a Great Day *
As for this clone thing?..... Your car is "One of a Kind "
The judges new that ....... the color matching trophy is taller than the car.............
The awards are whats gonna' be cloned, they're gonna keep on coming ***
I thank you so much for saying that. That's all I ever wanted, after I heard the 2011 SGM anoucement, was a one-of-a-kind SGM that would turn some heads.

I never cared whether the car was an RS...I even went back and edited the RS out of my original post...but I later put it back because all my RS skeptics would look pretty silly (even sillier) if RS wasn't in a single post on the thread.

I thought my retraction and apology would be enough...but I learned this week that it wasn't. Apparently being a girl totally new to this car thing doesn't earn me any slack with the guys on this site. It gets pretty discouraging at times...but I am trying not to let a few unpleasant gentlemen ruin this for me.

And don't worry...I wasn't offended by your suggestions...even considered the T-Rex grill myself. It just didn't fit in with the overall picture I was going for with Envy...and it covered up my HID upgrade that I fought so hard for.

There is still plenty of work left to do on Envy though. I've already purchased some engine chrome and a custom painted trunk set-up is in the near future. Then...some day...that turbo will be the only mod left.

Last edited by Envy; 03-10-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:09 AM   #232
cruznls
cruznls

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
There's 1LT's - 2LT's -RS - 1SS - 2SS.... But there's only 1 LS...
And I'm proud to have one. But when I put "LS-1" on it, I'm sure there's gonna'
be some frownin' going; on too * .......
This Car Hobby thing is a world where Chevy engines are swapped into Dodges and Hemis' are bolted into Fords....
People gather around the biggest "Rust Bucket" on the lot, because somebody used a Mail Box for an Air Cleaner !!!
Don't ever get discouraged, and don't let anybody ruin anything.
You'll forget all about it when your trying to fit the next Trophy in the trunk ....
* Stay on this site , You gotta post this painted trunk set up.
Add your photos to your garage...........

Last edited by cruznls; 03-10-2011 at 12:53 PM.
cruznls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #233
inrandy
Randy

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot A8 Magride
Quote:
I have the GM Ground Effects but I did not install the front spoiler because I did not care for it...especially once the car was lowered. I did purchase the street scenes GFX first but I didn't care for the quality so I returned them and went with the GM ones. I think they compliment the original lines of the 5th Gen Camaro the best. The cheapest place to get the GM GFX is from one of our site sponsors http://gmpartsdirect.com/

Thank you for the compliment and let me welcome you to camaro5.com. Congratulations on your new SGM...I like your style!

There's a few more pictures on this link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=18
Thanks for the link as I really want GFX package and it will make my SS even more of a one of a kind around here as I have seen at least 2 green ones around here. I also like the green door panels, where did you get those and how hard are they to install?
I think your car is awsome and I do not care about the RS thing going on now, I just think some people here are jealous about how good your camaro looks.
Randy
Old 03-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #234
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
I thank you so much for saying that. That's all I ever wanted, after I heard the 2011 SGM anoucement, was a one-of-a-kind SGM that would turn some heads.
I love your "better than RS" Camaro!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #235
Envy
Bully Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by inrandy View Post
Thanks for the link as I really want GFX package and it will make my SS even more of a one of a kind around here as I have seen at least 2 green ones around here. I also like the green door panels, where did you get those and how hard are they to install?
I think your car is awsome and I do not care about the RS thing going on now, I just think some people here are jealous about how good your camaro looks.
Randy
All the 2010 Special Edition SGMs came with the interior panels. But they too can be purchased from http://gmpartsdirect.com/

Here are Part #s (Please email and double check with them to confirm part #s)
92242305- Left Dash trim-$27.55
92245219- Pass Dash Trim-$77.89
92244665- Door Panel-$228.32

There's also a SGM painted panel version available from several site sponsors but they aren't near as cool as the ones from GM...IMO

The panels aren't too hard to install...just do a search on door panel installation and you can see for yourself.

Good luck with your SGM Randy!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:03 AM   #236
Envy
Bully Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 View Post
I love your "better than RS" Camaro!
Thank you very much. I really did enjoy your video.

Barbaro was an awesome racehorse. He made me feel like I was watching Secretariat all over again. Wow...what a thrill!
So sad that he and Ruffian meet such a tragic end. :(
Old 03-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #237
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
wow very nice
Old 03-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #238
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
Thank you very much. I really did enjoy your video.

Barbaro was an awesome racehorse. He made me feel like I was watching Secretariat all over again. Wow...what a thrill!
So sad that he and Ruffian meet such a tragic end. :(
Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed the video. For sure, Barbaro was awe-inspiring just like Secretariat! (saw the recent Secretariat movie 4 times). Heartbreaking to lose Barbaro, Ruffian, and Eight Belles, but I really believe they are healthy and whole once again in Heaven, and have even given us some "signs" of that....A week after Barbaro's Memorial and statue unveiling at Churchill in 09', the longshot "Mine that Bird" won the Derby, wearing the same #8 pink saddle cloth Barbaro wore, by a Barbaro-like 6 lengths, and his owners handed out roses next to the statue afterwards. In the 07' Belmont, at Belmont Park, final resting place for Ruffian, a filly-Rags to Riches, became the first filly in 100 yrs to win that race....that very night ABC debuted the movie "Ruffian"! Look forward to meeting them all someday in "person"

Here's a shorter Barbaro video I put together that incorporates 3 soundtracks.

And a Secretariat photoshop I did after seeing movie the first time...lol

Thanks again. Your Camaro Rocks!!!
Attached Images