Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-18-2010, 03:02 PM   #1
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
I got burned by newegg FUMIN

I got burned by newegg FUMIN

All the folks bitching in the reviews that the customers pick LG light scribe DVD burner did not come with windows 7 compliant software, they yanked the copy of nero 8 it came with and replaced with some super multi drive disc for windows, but it wont work on window2000, which nero8 will.

But this info was not revealed in any of the reviews or product page.
And I didn't care about the folks bitching about a IDE drive not working in windows 7.

I gotta stop ordering from them, it never works out.

I either pay $60 for a licensed copy of Nero 8 that I should of gotten free.
[And they are up to 11 now, full retail for old software that comes free with a drive.]

Or spend $30 for a new burner from a different vendor that still ships Nero8 for free with it. Which is cheaper. Not even worth returning the newegg drive once they tack on the restocking fee I get $10 back, losing $22.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
dude, Limewire Nero 8 and be done with it.... Newegg is great, i've spent over $10k with them and no problems with RMA or anything ive bought in over 5 years...
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'd trust torrents over limewire, but I agree with Russo. I only torrent unlicensed anime but I use torrents over a P2P program for a reason.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:22 PM   #4
Keedy
Should have waited...

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX8
did you buy a drive for a drive, or did you buy a drive for the software bundle?

You have to know that the software bundle is not a guarantee, and isn't what you're purchasing. its a freebie bonus. If you want nero, buy nero. If you want a drive, buy a drive. This thing didn't cost more because of the nero bundle, did it? at $32 for an LG lightscribe dvd burner, i'm betting not.

try infrarecorder. freeware that does almost everything nero does.
Keedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #5
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keedy View Post
did you buy a drive for a drive, or did you buy a drive for the software bundle?

You have to know that the software bundle is not a guarantee, and isn't what you're purchasing. its a freebie bonus. If you want nero, buy nero. If you want a drive, buy a drive. This thing didn't cost more because of the nero bundle, did it? at $32 for an LG lightscribe dvd burner, i'm betting not.

try infrarecorder. freeware that does almost everything nero does.
WORD. Usually the free software throw-ins aren't full versions anyway.

I buy lots of stuff from Newegg and have never had a problem and their customer support has always been helpful when needed. If their product description was wrong, contact them and have them take it back or send a replacement.

My only complaint about them is their packing/shipping of hard-drives...not well protected, so I buy HD's elsewhere.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:21 AM   #6
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
http://www.lightscribe.com

is a life savers, all the stuff you need for free to do lightscribe.
Including pre made templates / layouts

My last DVDRW [liteon] was from newegg and I got burned on it too.
Dunno why I gave them a 2nd chance. It would not read every DVD, only 99% of them, which I then blamed on a bad disc but it wasn't. Even though some were brand new. Only after several long talk with the guys at DVDfab when I had problems did I discover the model I got was pron to said problems and it was not the disc.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #7
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Can't you download Nero express from their website for free? I think its the same version they give you anyways. Trust me they not going to give away a $60 software for free with a $30 product.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #8
rudack
Rudack

Drives: ABM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to rudack Send a message via MSN to rudack
Did you order OEM or Retail box? OEM is just the drive and drivers, no software.
ABM 2SS/RS #33390
rudack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:18 AM   #9
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
http://www.lightscribe.com

is a life savers, all the stuff you need for free to do lightscribe.
Including pre made templates / layouts

My last DVDRW [liteon] was from newegg and I got burned on it too.
Dunno why I gave them a 2nd chance. It would not read every DVD, only 99% of them, which I then blamed on a bad disc but it wasn't. Even though some were brand new. Only after several long talk with the guys at DVDfab when I had problems did I discover the model I got was pron to said problems and it was not the disc.
You dont need Nero for lightscribe. Go to the downloads section on the Light Scribe webpage and download the files from there.

http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/index.aspx
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #10
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
You dont need Nero for lightscribe. Go to the downloads section on the Light Scribe webpage and download the files from there.

http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/index.aspx
I hear an echo, echo, echo in here.....