Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #29
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post
where did the bike go? to me i want to say staged. cause i would think if they were going to show off new equipment like that and having a car down the road wait they would have the street shut down.
I don't know. If you watch it again. There's a lot of small peices and the mirror flying. I wanna say he got clobbered.

Edit: yeah it's real. I watched again and was able to stop it right at impact. He should be dead or paralyzed. The truck hits the bike and his lower back and legs jerks forward as his head stays put till it's pulled down and smacks the hood of the truck then he gets launched away. I don't think anyone would or could fake it that good. At least without getting paid to do it in a top billing movie.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!

Last edited by v6sonoma; 08-19-2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: 2nd look
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:01 PM   #30
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post
where did the bike go? to me i want to say staged. cause i would think if they were going to show off new equipment like that and having a car down the road wait they would have the street shut down.
It was a news reporter it looked like. Not a typical R&D demonstration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Either way, the lesson is clear: don't rely on technology to save you.

Oh, and that was real. OR, it was staged but went wrong.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #31
Keedy
Should have waited...

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX8
Google the facts involved.

TFKL engineering developed the system. Googling TFKL returns no results aside from references to this viral video.

RTC is the branding on the video. I've been unable to find any information about RTC as a channel. Their broadcast logo is a ripoff of the BBC (spaced out blocks with sansarif fonts in them) and their printed logo is completely different, not even similar to each other except having the same red-green-blue colors. Also, further on the on-screen graphics... the clock looks in tune with the logo, but the (i'm not sure what tv folk call it) bottom banner to describe the footage looks completely out of place.

Frieda Heinz is also missing from the allknowing hivemind of the internet.

This video is a viral designed to make you think exactly what the thread has said following it. "No matter how much technology you put on a bike, you still need to keep your head about you." Its not a bad message, but theres no way this is video is real.
Keedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #32
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keedy View Post
Google the facts involved.

TFKL engineering developed the system. Googling TFKL returns no results aside from references to this viral video.

RTC is the branding on the video. I've been unable to find any information about RTC as a channel. Their broadcast logo is a ripoff of the BBC (spaced out blocks with sansarif fonts in them) and their printed logo is completely different, not even similar to each other except having the same red-green-blue colors. Also, further on the on-screen graphics... the clock looks in tune with the logo, but the (i'm not sure what tv folk call it) bottom banner to describe the footage looks completely out of place.

Frieda Heinz is also missing from the allknowing hivemind of the internet.

This video is a viral designed to make you think exactly what the thread has said following it. "No matter how much technology you put on a bike, you still need to keep your head about you." Its not a bad message, but theres no way this is video is real.
Like I said. If it is staged. It went awry. Thers no way that guy didn't get hurt.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:32 AM   #33
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Just stare at this screen capture long enough and you see that at this frame, the trucks front gets replaced digitally and the front is not lining up anymore with the front wheel's. You can see the body of the truck off center to the front wheels pushed back. You cannot notice this unless you pause it. This is all done cleverly in one frame so there is no way to detect it while watching the low resolution youtube video.. This type of editing can be done using a number of programs out there pretty easily.

http://img63.imageshack.us/f/48981475.png/

Here you can see a brush degauze tool used in a straight line pattern in front of the truck just as it hits the driver causing that white overlap which should not be there normally. The real driver was replaced at this point with the blurry mess you see there and as the truck is hitting the brakes supposedly, the vehicle gets more blurry going against the laws of physics.

Also notice the truck has no driver at all. Not even a door opening from the driver after the crash.

Last edited by Supermans; 08-20-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote