Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 01-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #743
azburk

Drives: 2013 SW ZL1 #7243
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40years View Post
Well, overall I am very pleased with the Vector tune. (install problems aside)
The engine idles better, power is more even thru out the rpm range. Shifts are a little crisper (using the stage 1 TCM files). Car leaves a lot harder from a standing start. AFM drone has been reduced considerably. Even picked up 2 miles per gallon on in town driving. I would recommend this set up to anyone with an A6. Before going out to the drags on Feb. 6th, I will load the stock files back in, make 2 passes and then load the stage 2 TCM files, make another pass and then load the ECM files and do another. Kirk at Vector is interested to see the back to back comparison. He says that customers are reporting a 2 tenths gain just from the stage 2 TCM files alone. Should be interesting. By the way, they offered to split the towing bill.
That is great news...All kidding aside, you may want to load the stock tune at home, just in case you can't start the car again.
azburk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #744
AZ_Gixxer1000

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Inferno Orange 6-spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
Congratz TucsonRyan!!! You have the same as WLKXFTH
I added you to the first page list, if you want I can add your name and location.
format like this;
Flynnaz: RY 2SS/RS LS3 : Marana -- Northwest: Sean

Also if you are interested let me know;

Tucson and Phoenix Meet on January 30th 11:30 at In n Out on Cortaro and I-10

Who's coming;

40years
armysig
azamazonqueen
azburk
AZ_Gixxer1000 I think
Flynnaz
jeff1ao
WLKXFTH

i will be there!!!! I joking told my wife I was going to go but NOT bring the car*. she said i would be like one of the geeks at the cars shows who say "oh yeah, I've got one of those but its just not here right now." which would be true but nobody would believe me!

* disclaimer: it it rains or looks like rain the car will not be there. cant drive it in the rain.

o.k. I can physically drive in the rain but wont drive the car in the rain if I can help it. Has been sitting inside nice a toasty since last Monday.

Last edited by AZ_Gixxer1000; 01-24-2010 at 06:50 PM.
AZ_Gixxer1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:43 PM   #745
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
I updated the list AZ_Gixxer1000, my Camaro is filthy :( they drive good in the rain though
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #746
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
I updated the list AZ_Gixxer1000, my Camaro is filthy :( they drive good in the rain though
Yep, as a daily driver, you should see mine after last weeks rain. Won't bother to clean it till Friday. It's supposed to rain again this week.
40years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:46 PM   #747
WLKXFTH

Drives: Summit White w/inferno Orange2SS/RS
Yep...ours is a daily driver as well AND we live on a dirt road!!!! So imagine what she looks like We are glad to see SOME activity on here, its been kinda quiet lately
WLKXFTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:09 PM   #748
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
I just washed mine today. And it was cold. Very cold....My hand was blue after I got done....
Old 01-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #749
WLKXFTH

armysig- by chance were you heading to Phoenix last fri (1/15) around 5ish? We had an IOM camaro follow us from the Marana exit to Eloy where we got off the freeway.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:34 AM   #750
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
I wish it was, but no not on that trip. I've only been to the Tucson area once so far with my car.

I do agree, the IOM is a popular color. I've seen a few around, but none of them seem to put any attention into detailing their cars. They look very bland with out a few good coats of polish. Heck I spent another 4 hours washing, waxing and detailing every aspect of my car again this last Sunday. (My wife is starting to think I have lost it. )
Old 01-25-2010, 10:25 AM   #751
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
I wish it was, but no not on that trip. I've only been to the Tucson area once so far with my car.

I do agree, the IOM is a popular color. I've seen a few around, but none of them seem to put any attention into detailing their cars. They look very bland with out a few good coats of polish. Heck I spent another 4 hours washing, waxing and detailing every aspect of my car again this last Sunday. (My wife is starting to think I have lost it. )
get her to help you once, I did now, she understands
ZAINO!!!
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
Old 01-25-2010, 05:27 PM   #752
rez14usn

Drives: '13 Black 1SS/RS/1LE/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Gixxer1000 View Post
i will be there!!!! I joking told my wife I was going to go but NOT bring the car*. she said i would be like one of the geeks at the cars shows who say "oh yeah, I've got one of those but its just not here right now." which would be true but nobody would believe me!

* disclaimer: it it rains or looks like rain the car will not be there. cant drive it in the rain.

o.k. I can physically drive in the rain but wont drive the car in the rain if I can help it. Has been sitting inside nice a toasty since last Monday.
Hey to all! Yes I am still alive and breathing! I have been on the go non stop for the last couple of months. My family in Albuquerque, me here, and the job pulling me in many different directions. So sorry!

However as of right now, I will plan on being present on the 30th! Do any of the E/SE siders want to meet up and haul a** (I mean cruise) up to the meeting location? I would be cool with that. I am actually on schedule to be in town -- not the norm lately!

This may be one of my last get togethers as I am suppose to be getting reassigned to the Albuquerque area. Which is a good thing because my family is there and we are having a house built. Long over due to get back there but just waiting for the final approval any day now. Should be moved back there by the end of February at the latest.

Let me know what plans are in place for the 30th. Look forward to seeing you all again and meeting some new friends since last meeting! Have a great week!

rez14usn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #753
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Hi Scott. Good to hear from you. Glad that you will be coming to the Tucson-Phoenix meet up this Saturday. Looking forward to talking to you. See you there.
40years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #754
WLKXFTH

Hey Scott, nice to see you back on C5. I'm happy that you will be back with your family.... you can still get on C5 and visit with all of us here in Tucson.
WOW...I was going to Sams club today, going south on Thornydale and I was sitting at the light at Cortaro and 2 yellow camaros went through the intersection just a few cars behind each other....then there was a silver one going north on thornydale by the post office (was wondering if it was azamazonqueen). And at the light there by the post office I seen one of the Flynnz in the Charger Boy what a trip, hard to keep your eyes on the road with all those nice cars goin by ya
Old 01-25-2010, 08:08 PM   #755
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rez14usn View Post
Hey to all! Yes I am still alive and breathing! I have been on the go non stop for the last couple of months. My family in Albuquerque, me here, and the job pulling me in many different directions. So sorry!

However as of right now, I will plan on being present on the 30th! Do any of the E/SE siders want to meet up and haul a** (I mean cruise) up to the meeting location? I would be cool with that. I am actually on schedule to be in town -- not the norm lately!

This may be one of my last get togethers as I am suppose to be getting reassigned to the Albuquerque area. Which is a good thing because my family is there and we are having a house built. Long over due to get back there but just waiting for the final approval any day now. Should be moved back there by the end of February at the latest.

Let me know what plans are in place for the 30th. Look forward to seeing you all again and meeting some new friends since last meeting! Have a great week!

Updated your Name and added you to the list, one more will make 10!!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:10 PM   #756
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLKXFTH View Post
Hey Scott, nice to see you back on C5. I'm happy that you will be back with your family.... you can still get on C5 and visit with all of us here in Tucson.
WOW...I was going to Sams club today, going south on Thornydale and I was sitting at the light at Cortaro and 2 yellow camaros went through the intersection just a few cars behind each other....then there was a silver one going north on thornydale by the post office (was wondering if it was azamazonqueen). And at the light there by the post office I seen one of the Flynnz in the Charger Boy what a trip, hard to keep your eyes on the road with all those nice cars goin by ya
I missed you, darn, I didn't see any Camaro's today, Tami was driving ours, you might have see her