Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-14-2007, 02:07 AM   #155
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerScotsman View Post
Where did you hear this??? I'm 6'5" and hoping and praying that it will be a "perfect fit", otherwise I'll be sorely disappointed.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...highlight=14mm
10-20-2006, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
We all know that there are a few mods GM will have to make from the concept to the actual production model. I have been told that the door handles as well as the trunk will be changed. I would assume the side mirrors, dash, wheels, and loc of gas cap would also be changed. Then, I read that the roofline was to be raised by 14mm. Why? I don't know...

1. I can understand the smaller wheels. It would cost a fortune to produce the rims, tires, and not to mention the high cost to us for replacing those tires.
2. The door handles I wish would stay the same. I could understand the ice situation, but it doesn't ice down here! I'd like to see side handles like on the vette. That would be a nice addition.
3. As far as the side mirrors go, I could see those being changed...too narrow.
4. The gas cap location: I like it where it is. For all those people who are going to be careless about filling up, well...use caution! Use a paper towel when filling up to catch any dripping gas. I think the location of the gas cap looks cool as all hell.
5. I don't know why they must change the height of the roofline. 14mm is not that much, but has the potential for making a big differrence.
6. I like the dash, but think the color insert needs to match the car. I like how the gauges are set up, but don't know if I like their display. I also think that radio needs some work.
7. The trunk opening seems a bit small. For it to be useful to the other half of the folks buying this car, it needs to have good access to the trunk and enough space to carry plenty of items.

I love this car. It will be mine. I just hope they don't change it too much that it becomes something else. What do you all think?
I really wish I would have quoted where I read the 14mm (I've been trying to quote lately from mag's, etc.). It has been talked about from a couple magazines and Scott has mentioned (along w/ other GM execs) that the roof was being raised. I do believe it was 14mm, but that was also a while ago. It could have changed. It looks taller to me and 14mm isn't that much...so, it could have gotten a little more than that. Still looks good to me!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:16 AM   #156
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
yeah I thought it was 11 or 13, but either way, raising the roofline won't matter to me as my girl will be topless.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:53 AM   #157
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
i dont know why everyone is saying thisis such a bad picture. this picture is what everyone has wanted,a leaked photo. here it is. stop criticizing it and be happy you even saw it. yeah it was an amatuer photo and thats it. call it a bad view but it also has bras on it. dont judge it until you see it unveiled.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:54 AM   #158
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
yeah I thought it was 11 or 13, but either way, raising the roofline won't matter to me as my girl will be topless.
hahah thats funny.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:12 AM   #159
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
As far a Scott is concerned, I keep trying to think of a way to repay him for all he has done for us.

His enthusiasm, loyalty, devotion, and above all, his friendship are to be applauded.

I've owned other vehicles during my lifetime, but the Camaro, the people I now call "friends" (you all and a whole lot more) as a result of owning a Camaro, the great memories I have, all due to owning a Camaro, are all things which I am so thankful for. And holding it all together, making it even more special, is Scott.

The way to repay me is for everyone to remain friends............the name "Camaro" means "friend, pal, or comrade" -- and it upsets me when people 'start' with each other on some of the Camaro sites......

I love what I do (yes...there are days when it gets a 'lil bit much - but the next day invariably makes up for the bad one before.....) -- so -- I just ask that we always remember that 'It's about the PEOPLE!' (....and the cars!)
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:17 AM   #160
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
hahah thats funny.

I actually meant the convertible top will be down. my g/f being topless is for my own private viewing as she treats me well. I don't like sharing.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:18 AM   #161
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
I just checked out the camaro on post (1)again, and is it possible to love a car even more? Man, I want that thing in the worst possible way. Now if we could just get someone to . . ah, maybe pop the hood?Hmmmm,nudge, nudge, or get a peak at the insides, poke, poke. So far it looks like all we lost is the door handles and mirrors.(not a big deal and we all knew that the concept mirrors wouldn't stay anyways.). I think what we gained is a car that'll make the mustang .
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:24 AM   #162
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
I do think it is tremendous that the Fbodfather even looks at our little forums, let alone takes the time to respond. I mean its not like he doesn't have other things to do.

I think I can speak for the rest of us when I say THANK YOU for your dedication to our beloved car the Camaro. It is because of you more than anyone else that the Camaro will be back.

!
Thank you for the very very kind words -- and as I read thru this entire thread, once again I realize just how much this car is loved..... -- and that's a very emtional thing for all of us at Chevy and GM who love/work on the new Camaro.

I can't take credit for the new Camaro. Yes - I refused to let anyone forget Camaro (and Firebird) -- yes, I constantly wore my Camaro shirts and jackets and ties to work every day. Yes, I came close to b**chslapping ANYONE who even THOUGHT of saying "Give it up -- it's dead" -- and yes, I refused to disappear on the various sites and yes I refused to stop saying "Have Faith"

.......now -- all of that said -- it is people like Bob Lutz and Ed Wellburn and Tom Peters and Cheryl Pilcher and Doug Houlihan and Bob Boniface and John Fitzpatrick and Ed Peper and a TON of other people that are responsible for the new Camaro. Keep in mind that Rick Wagoner's (our Chairman) first car was a 1972 Camaro...................... (how do you like THEM apples???) --
I have been priviledged to have my own lil part of the new Camaro -- and I'm so very thankful that the Camaro team at Chevy has scheduled many a meeting around my auto show schedule so that I could take part in the many discussions and decisions that impact this great car.

The name Fbodfather is both a source of pride -- and yes, an embarrassment to me -- because you see -- there are those who deserve the name more than I -- esp. people like Hank Haga and Don McPherson and Pete Estes and Bob Lund and so many others who brought us the original.

So -- thank you for the kind words -- but I just ask that you keep in mind that it takes MANY MANY MANY people to bring you a truly great car -- and it is our intention to make your next new Camaro -- THE BEST AUTOMOBILE YOU EVER OWNED.........PERIOD!

Have Faith!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:30 AM   #163
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
^Tha's the one thing that worries me. I have a feeling that nothing after this will probably not even come close to my Camaro. But I guess I'l have to live with that
Old 12-14-2007, 07:48 AM   #164
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I remember it too. Don't know who said it. I think it was scott with some random info that he was able to reveal to us. We had an "official changes from concept to production vehicle" thread named something like "What we know". Scott commented on what was wrong with the list we had. He only named a few because most were from credible and correct sources. He just pointed out what wasn't fact

EDIT: I thiunk DGthe3 started it.
Nope, wasn't me. The thread was started by Pencil.Fight http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1817. I was the 2nd to post in it though . . .
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:39 AM   #165
jaak

Drives: 2006 Magnum SRT8 -11.98@117mph
I might be diggin' this better than the new Challenger!

Friggen sweet! Might even bring me back to GM!
jaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:42 AM   #166
hftech

Drives: 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28!
Scott, I was just wondering, if you're able to answer this that is.... Has Chevy decided EXACTLY what engines and options will definitely be in there at the moment or is it all still speculative??

One thing that latest photoshop rendition helped with seeing is how HUGE that front end is...which hopefully something HUGE will be going in there. :P
hftech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:10 AM   #167
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Yes - I refused to let anyone forget Camaro (and Firebird) -- yes, I constantly wore my Camaro shirts and jackets and ties to work every day. Yes, I came close to b**chslapping ANYONE who even THOUGHT of saying "Give it up -- it's dead" -- and yes, I refused to disappear on the various sites and yes I refused to stop saying "Have Faith"
And that, on top of numerous other reasons (such as posting on our little board are why we like you so much, Scott.

Quote:
The name Fbodfather is both a source of pride -- and yes, an embarrassment to me -- because you see -- there are those who deserve the name more than I -- esp. people like Hank Haga and Don McPherson and Pete Estes and Bob Lund and so many others who brought us the original.
Embarrasment aside, Scott: You wear the title well.

Quote:
So -- thank you for the kind words -- but I just ask that you keep in mind that it takes MANY MANY MANY people to bring you a truly great car -- and it is our intention to make your next new Camaro -- THE BEST AUTOMOBILE YOU EVER OWNED.........PERIOD!
Then pass on our thanks and gratitude to those many, many, many people responsible - but make sure to keep some for yourself :p

And I am so glad you said that. I'm looking forward to buying one of these God-cars
Old 12-14-2007, 09:22 AM   #168
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
Quote:
I know that the super Bumblebee color won't be an option
Really, wow...that's a disappointment because while I'm not sure I'd get it in that color I can tell you that the Bumblebee Camaro was the best looking yellowish car I've ever seen. My brother and I both said we might get it in that color.

fbodfather, I want to thank you also for helping calm some of us down and for the work you put into all of this (the car, posting here, etc).

Just to share with you when I was "WOWED", I was watching Transformers at the movies and the sec I saw the transformation from the older Camaro to New (mind you, even the old one made me say "you know, that version was pretty nice looking too") I leaned over and told my little sis...

"Done deal, GOD WILLING that's my next car" My jaw was on the floor so thanks to all of you that had part in this. Also...Mr. Lee...wow, GREAT JOB!!!!

Side Note: I only would consider 2+2 sports cars because I have a young son to experience sports cars with (almost 2 now), can we say that the back seats in the Camaro5 are more comfortable and has more space the previous or is it about the same. I own a RX8 which is pretty good in the rear so I just was wondering about that.