Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
zsuns

Drives: All Blacked Out 2010 2LT Camaro
GTS tail light covers--tape behind tail lights visible?

How big of a deal to you is it if you can see the tape outlines partially in day light on the tail light cover? A friend of a friend just bought a camaro and unlike me used the GTS hard cover, I have the headlight armor film cover. On his covers, in daylight you can kind of see the outline of the 4 pieces of 3m tape sticking the tail light cover to the tail light. How much would this bother you, and do you think he should remove it?
zsuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:40 PM   #2
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
i have the same covers as you mentioned. i haven't really noticed the the visibility of the tape on mine. I am completely satisfied with my covers

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
zsuns

You're just the person I was thinking of haha! Yeah you see on his when in daylight you can kind of see that there is an outline of the four pieces of tape--not completley visible, more of a shadow type effect, if that makes sense. You don't have this problem with yours in bright daylight?
Old 01-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #4
tlc9193
The Original

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Send a message via Skype™ to tlc9193
before you install them you remove the tape and put them back on the edges, problem solved. And yes you can pull it off and put it back on with no problems.
tlc9193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:07 PM   #5
camarossowner
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS Black Camaro
I removed my set because you really see the tape with the after burn lights I installed. Looked better with them off too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsuns View Post
How big of a deal to you is it if you can see the tape outlines partially in day light on the tail light cover? A friend of a friend just bought a camaro and unlike me used the GTS hard cover, I have the headlight armor film cover. On his covers, in daylight you can kind of see the outline of the 4 pieces of 3m tape sticking the tail light cover to the tail light. How much would this bother you, and do you think he should remove it?
camarossowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:55 AM   #6
zsuns

Well I got another look at them before the evening when the light was a little dimmer and at night and the tape is hardley noticable at that point, so I guess if you live in Vegas like we do then half of the time their visible and half not...I personally think the hard covers look really good even with the tape outlines. He decided he is going to keep them as they don't bother him that much.