Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #575
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
It can't be plugged in wrong but it can be installed upside down. I installed a K&N cai and that happened to us. Just a shot.
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:09 PM   #576
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
It can't be plugged in wrong but it can be installed upside down. I installed a K&N cai and that happened to us. Just a shot.
By upside down I assume you mean flowing in the wrong direction. If so, then it's been wrong for a long time and it's exacerbated by the blower now.

Possible?

But when I get home I'll find out.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #577
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Scratching my head here, but I see one with a hose and one without. Reading the sticky on FI in in this thread, post #43, #44.....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=102582&page=2

....reading that thread it seems, from my limited experience, that your engine is choking itself out. PCV system clogged or is this hose pictured even necessary?

Last edited by garcmol; 07-20-2011 at 10:32 AM.
garcmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #578
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Scratching my head here, but I see one with a hose and one without. Reading the sticky on FI in in this thread, post #43, #44.....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=102582&page=2

....reading that thread it seems, from my limited experience, that your engine is choking itself out. PCV system clogged or is this hose pictured even necessary?
That is an unfinished pic. lol

Check out the video below. I have one on it.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #579
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Okay. I'm scratching my head here. Still, from that thread, it sounds like a PCV issue. If the MAF was backwards you'd have noticed that long ago. I dunno, but like troubleshooting.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #580
Warhead

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
I am not a certified GM tech just a back yard knuckle buster but I have never recalled a vacuum leak causing smoke out of exhaust. Does it start right up again after it dies and if it does will it still smoke like it was before it died? If there is no SES light I would venture to say everything is hooked up correctly and working.

Assuming (dirty word) everything is installed properly, there really isnt alot that would cause this. If it was me I would run it again til it died then pull the plugs to see if they are wet. May be a leaking intercooler.
Warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:19 PM   #581
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
leaking intercooler.
This popped in my head and I cringe. BUT. It it were, it would foul up and not start again. I can wait a minute or two and start it and it run fine again for the same amount of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Okay. I'm scratching my head here. Still, from that thread, it sounds like a PCV issue. If the MAF was backwards you'd have noticed that long ago. I dunno, but like troubleshooting.
I"m hoping my splice coupler on one or both wires in no good. I'll check when I get home.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #582
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
I am not a certified GM tech just a back yard knuckle buster but I have never recalled a vacuum leak causing smoke out of exhaust. Does it start right up again after it dies and if it does will it still smoke like it was before it died? If there is no SES light I would venture to say everything is hooked up correctly and working.

Assuming (dirty word) everything is installed properly, there really isnt alot that would cause this. If it was me I would run it again til it died then pull the plugs to see if they are wet. May be a leaking intercooler.
That is an interesting theory, you could also check level in intercooler reservoir. Plug check is always a good idea (lean or rich could be ruled in or out also).
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #583
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Leaking intercooler would fly with the Edelbrock SC as there are intercoolers in the intake.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the Maggie works like this....however, if their intercooler has a crack in it, I could see the antifreeze traveling upstream into the blower then into the cylinder. Enough for the tell-tale white smoke of coolant..I would think there would be a hint of anti-freeze smell in the exhaust though.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:38 PM   #584
PQ
Booooosted.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #585
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Oh man, I hope it's not the intercooler! YIKES
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #586
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick@JDP View Post
Oh man, I hope it's not the intercooler! YIKES
Hey Rick, did you look at the video?
Old 01-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #587
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Hey Rick, did you look at the video?
I did. I can't think of what it could be. I'll ask Jordan if he can put his finger on it. He's my Yoda!
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #588
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
I also have a friend that might be able to help,
sending him the video and some of the posts.

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote