Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #1
Arsenal11

Drives: 2010 2SS
LT headers question

So I am looking to purchase 7/8 LT headers w/ Hi-flow cats for my LS3. So far I have the SLP powerflow-xpipe with LM II. I am looking to get SLP headers as well but I have a question regarding price/ sound / gains.

For headers, is there much of a difference in tone between ARH, Kooks, Texas Performance, and SLP headers? or do they all relatively sound the same and its the rest of the exhaust that matters.

As far as gains go, which have proved to have the highest gains? I have been looking for dyno charts but I can't seem to find any on kooks or texas.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Arsenal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
Jason7
NorCalCamaros.com

Drives: 2010 2SS White
As far as sound they are all different but a lot of that has to do with mufflers/cats etc. Not to sure who is making the most power I'm sure they are all within 5hp of eachother.

What I will say is that I have had the chance to listen to BayAreaSS' car and he is running an entire XS power LT catless exhaust and it sounds awesome.... It is not as raspy as the other NAME brands and doesnt seem to POP as much. Kind of has that old school 5.0 hollow sound that I'm sure we all know and loved....

Jason
Jason7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
bpoirier

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM CGM Stripes
Check out this thread it has results from a header test done by Jannetty http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=header+test I have installed Kooks on my car, ARH and the new TSP headers on two other cars. After the dyno tune we were all within 10 horsepower of each other.
bpoirier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpoirier View Post
Check out this thread it has results from a header test done by Jannetty http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ht=header+test I have installed Kooks on my car, ARH and the new TSP headers on two other cars. After the dyno tune we were all within 10 horsepower of each other.
Hmm.....10 hp is a bit. Do you remember which combo gave the most HP?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #5
Arsenal11

Drives: 2010 2SS
So it seems like I should def go with 7/8. Does anyone know how the Kooks LT headers w/ SLP x-pipe / LMII set up sounds like?
Arsenal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
Jason 98 TA

Drives: Camaro
Side by side on same dyno same day Kooks, ARH, & TSP headers will make very similar power numbers. We do testing like that when we produce a new product. It's very important to me we build a product that makes the best power possible regardless of it's price point. All 3 are good quality products that you can't go wrong with.
Jason 98 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #7
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
We recomend ARH or Stainless Works. They will all make similar horsepower numbers but ARH and Stainless Works are built with high quality American made T-304 stainless that won't rust out and their welds don't crack.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #8
Josh@ARH

Drives: 2013 Corvette GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal11 View Post
So I am looking to purchase 7/8 LT headers w/ Hi-flow cats for my LS3. So far I have the SLP powerflow-xpipe with LM II. I am looking to get SLP headers as well but I have a question regarding price/ sound / gains.

For headers, is there much of a difference in tone between ARH, Kooks, Texas Performance, and SLP headers? or do they all relatively sound the same and its the rest of the exhaust that matters.

As far as gains go, which have proved to have the highest gains? I have been looking for dyno charts but I can't seem to find any on kooks or texas.

Any feedback would be appreciated!
I see you are in NY (as are we), where in NY are you? We would be more than glad to help you out. Our headers are made right here in NY out of the highest quality 304 S/S.

Also here are the gains we saw with our system. http://www.americanracingheaders.com...oSS+V8_V6.html

Let me know if you have any questions
Josh
Josh@ARH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #9
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Mufflers are going to control the sound of the car for the most part as far a volume and tone go.

Headers are going to increase the flow, and generally increase volume of the car by increasing exhaust gas flow, as well as building more HP.

If you have not seen them before, take a look at the LG Super Pro Long Tubes as well. Being that you already have mufflers, you can get the system without them as well.

LG Super Pro Exhaust system.
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 01:13 AM   #10
Bay Area SS

Drives: 2010 rs/2ss
[QUOTE=Jason7;3456726]As far as sound they are all different but a lot of that has to do with mufflers/cats etc. Not to sure who is making the most power I'm sure they are all within 5hp of eachother.

What I will say is that I have had the chance to listen to BayAreaSS' car and he is running an entire XS power LT catless exhaust and it sounds awesome.... It is not as raspy as the other NAME brands and doesnt seem to POP as much. Kind of has that old school 5.0 hollow sound that I'm sure we all know and loved....

Jason[/QUOTE
Thx brotha! I'm diggin it too! Well described
Bay Area SS is offline   Reply With Quote