Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #309
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post
Picked up pizza Sunday for the big game on TV.

Counterperson told me what a neat car- is that a Mustang or a Challenger?

I would have said no it's the new Chevette!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #310
Lacpac

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat RS
Most comments about our LFX RS are positive. One girl getting out of her boyfriends Mustang saw my wife and I driving by in a parking lot and said "that's a sexy Camaro". I think the MRT 2.0 Axle back helped. The gas station cashier complimented or camaro and I replied is my wife's car, her first husband bought it for her. I had to confess after the puzzled look on his face that I am her first and current husband.
Of course I get alot of v6 comments from my v8 friends that I'm kind of a half step child. I think the v6 is underappreciated. I've neve spent thus much money on a car before and feel fortunate and blessed to have what I have.
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #311
BlueRay2ss

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 2013 2LS 1998 Z28
" It's just a car"..............
Ya..........
BlueRay2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #312
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i get more compliments on my old 1977 Grand Prix than i have so far received on my camaro. most guess at the old grand prix the model year, as 73 to 77 are the same or guess if it has a 350 or 400. its funny, when i get gas or to a store. my 98 firebird still gets compliments too. but, the camaro not alot yet.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #313
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Pulled up beside a SUV at the light..the rear window was down with a kid about 7 or8 in the back seat....the kid looks at my car thens says dad look at the cool mustang. The dad looks over.... then up goes the kids window lol.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:48 AM   #314
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Gotta give the little kid credit - he knows a fun car when he sees one, even if he doesn't get the name right. Give the dad a fail for trying to stifle the kid's interest.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #315
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Gotta give the little kid credit - he knows a fun car when he sees one, even if he doesn't get the name right. Give the dad a fail for trying to stifle the kid's interest.

Norm
I thought the same thing lol it made me laugh
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:23 AM   #316
camarohouston

Drives: 2014 2ltRS dualmode CAI
Sad. I have 2LT RS 2014. Get thumbs up all the time even from SS owners. Yeah its a v6. Still does goes fast. With dual mode exhaust people do a double take. Have had corvette owner compliment me on it. If I wanted a v8 I would have bought one. I don't race, so what's the need? Have had it up to 140. Fast enough for me. It handles better than a big ugly challenger and stops better than a cheap ass mustang. I have parked it next to BMWs Jags and GT Mustangs and when I remote start it people stop and look. Have had old timers drive around and stop and ask about it. Yeah its a V6 that has over 340hp with no mods except for cold air intake.
camarohouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #317
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarohouston View Post
Sad. I have 2LT RS 2014. Get thumbs up all the time even from SS owners. Yeah its a v6. Still does goes fast. With dual mode exhaust people do a double take. Have had corvette owner compliment me on it. If I wanted a v8 I would have bought one. I don't race, so what's the need? Have had it up to 140. Fast enough for me. It handles better than a big ugly challenger and stops better than a cheap ass mustang. I have parked it next to BMWs Jags and GT Mustangs and when I remote start it people stop and look. Have had old timers drive around and stop and ask about it. Yeah its a V6 that has over 340hp with no mods except for cold air intake.
Sounds pretty badass!

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #318
Mobyd

Drives: 2010 White 2SS/RS,01 F150 SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5SS View Post
I pulled up at a junkyard and I was going to look for some 56 truck parts back in 2010 as I heard they had a few sitting in the back. This old guy sitting on the side by the counter comes up to me and asks what I've got in there, I told him LS3 with headers, exhaust and CAI. He then tells me " Big mistake, you should have got the V6, I have a friend with the V6 and it has a turbo kit and it destroy's the V8" I looked at him to see if he was trying to be a shithead and was just bored sitting around the junkyard all day and replied " what do you think a turbo kit would do on a V8?" His head kinda turned sideways like when you talk to a dog and they are trying to figure out what your saying to them, the guy behind the counter just laughed and told me where the trucks were sitting in the yard. I think he might have have been a daytime drinker. I have no idea where people come up with this shit in their head. Other than that one time it's been thumbs up from mustang drivers and every other person I've met.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #319
CocoaKid
CocoaKid

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryan View Post
Everyone seems to cool. People with alot more money than me(everybody) come up to admire the car. I'm support staff at a large law firm. Had partners stop me in the hall that I've never spoken to, to ask about the. Only one heffer asked me if I was having a midlife crisis. Like some said in the other thread most people don't know a 6v from a SS or ZL1 and are just as impressed
Haha I hear the mid life crisis from my dad all the time.Im 23.
CocoaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #320
Slayer1677

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I used to get a ton of "you should get a V8" when I had my 2LT/RS. I didn't worry about it too much...Now I get an SS and I still get guys with problems with it. "Why would you take off your emblems?" "I see too many black cars like yours." It is endless no matter where you are. The way I look at it, have fun with your car and forget what everyone says.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #321
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
"Should've got a 1LE"
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #322
Hellfighter

Drives: 2013 Black ZL1
"Should of got a mustang"
"Oh Look a Camaro DONT PUT a Scratch On it"
"Should of gotten a faster car"
"Should of gotten a Porsche that's a real mans car"