Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #29
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepWarz View Post
Slingshot with some dog kibble, will deter the cat. >.<
MEOW-ouch!

Mine at sunset
Old 07-10-2009, 05:05 PM   #30
slowerthanu

Drives: 2ss on order, 06 f-150
My cats are indoors, my dogs are fenced.

I'm gonna say that if you choose to have pets, keep track of them and don't let them destroy others property.

But, with that said, I'll arrest someone that hurts an animal because it walked on their car.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #31
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Talk to your neighbors and tell them that they need to be respectfull to your property and to keep their animals at bay. Please don't harm the cat. I am sure you can figure a way out without being inhumane.....please.

Thanks!!!
Old 07-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #32
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowerthanu View Post
My cats are indoors, my dogs are fenced.

I'm gonna say that if you choose to have pets, keep track of them and don't let them destroy others property.

But, with that said, I'll arrest someone that hurts an animal because it walked on their car.
Couldn't agree more. The owner shouldn't be letting the cat out if it's causing problems, but this isn't a good reason to hurt it. Try talking to the owner.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #33
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
We aren't talking about a siberian tiger tearing the car to shreads, but a 6-10 lb cat leaving a few foot prints on a car...no damage to the car, just dirt. What are you gonna do if bird craps on your car while it's parked outside, start shooting every bird you see. Think of the cat as defense against birds pooping on your car :-)

If I saw anyone abusing or attempting to abuse a cat for leaving footprints on their car, the only thing that would beat that individual to the hospital would be the headlights of the ambulance they were riding in. Cruelty to defenseless animals should be a capital offense, because it's often the prelude to cruelty to people. Use a super soaker if you must, but don't hurt the poor cat just cause he has good taste when it comes to choosing a suitable and desirable place to take a nap.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #34
Teleplayer

Drives: 92 Bonnie SSEI - 2010 GT Soon
I love the hssscat thing. Cats hate that sound. One thing you don't ever want to do is try to chase a cat if it is on your car. That is when they will actually scratch it.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:02 PM   #35
Zeraphicus

Drives: 1998 Z28/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
We aren't talking about a siberian tiger tearing the car to shreads, but a 6-10 lb cat leaving a few foot prints on a car...no damage to the car, just dirt. What are you gonna do if bird craps on your car while it's parked outside, start shooting every bird you see. Think of the cat as defense against birds pooping on your car :-)

If I saw anyone abusing or attempting to abuse a cat for leaving footprints on their car, the only thing that would beat that individual to the hospital would be the headlights of the ambulance they were riding in. Cruelty to defenseless animals should be a capital offense, because it's often the prelude to cruelty to people. Use a super soaker if you must, but don't hurt the poor cat just cause he has good taste when it comes to choosing a suitable and desirable place to take a nap.
So you're going to beat the guy up for hurting the cat? And hes inhumane? The logic...
Old 07-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #36
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Call the pound
Old 07-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #37
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopacko View Post
Put some ammonia in two cups and place one under each axel and the smell will keep them away.
I'm not suggesting it but i've heard a single cup of antifreeze is far more effective and permanent. Cats love the sweet taste. Again, i'm not suggesting, just stating a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Get the outdoor cover, the thick grey one not the indoor one.

Also there is SSSCat. It's a motion detection based system that just sprays air lol.
That's just awesome. It wouldn't take too many exposures to that to train them to stay away. Only drawback is, in their rush to unass the area and gain traction, they will scratch the paint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Justified reasons to kill an animal: Attacking your pet, your family, yourself, too sick to save, or too old to care for anymore.
You left out causing damage to your personal property and to feed your family. Not talking about eating the cat though.

Quote:

That would not include the hood of my $37K car. The owner of the cat should control the cat they probably got for free. The cat can be replaced much easier.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #38
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Quote:

Any dirt, dust or grit between a painted surface and a pressure point (hand, finger, paw etc) will leave scratches. Period. (never let your kids write "wash me" on a vehicle)
If you own pets (which I do) be a responsible pet owner and keep control of them. They should not be allowed to approach others or intrude on others property without permission. Period.
If I see a person or someone's pet either causing harm or undertaking an action to potentially cause harm to my family or personal property, I will immediately discuss with the parent/owner/person. If the person continues to be disrespectful of others property and rights, further action will be taken within the limits of the law (hello... animal control... yes this is the 16th time I've called... right then... see you in 15 mins).
An owner allowing their pet to intrude on others property is no better than the disrespectful people that give door dings in mall parking lots.

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Old 07-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #39
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
Any dirt, dust or grit between a painted surface and a pressure point (hand, finger, paw etc) will leave scratches. Period. (never let your kids write "wash me" on a vehicle)
If you own pets (which I do) be a responsible pet owner and keep control of them. They should not be allowed to approach others or intrude on others property without permission. Period.
If I see a person or someone's pet either causing harm or undertaking an action to potentially cause harm to my family or personal property, I will immediately discuss with the parent/owner/person. If the person continues to be disrespectful of others property and rights, further action will be taken within the limits of the law (hello... animal control... yes this is the 16th time I've called... right then... see you in 15 mins).
An owner allowing their pet to intrude on others property is no better than the disrespectful people that give door dings in mall parking lots.
+100
Old 07-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #40
DCJ

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
I'm not suggesting it but i've heard a single cup of antifreeze is far more effective and permanent. Cats love the sweet taste. Again, i'm not suggesting, just stating a fact.
I would hope one would not be so pathetic as to do this. That is horrible to even suggest or imply even if a fact ...... Why talk about killing the cat for not knowing any better. I hope no one would attempt this.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:35 PM   #41
ahart04
most bang for your buck

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
Old 07-10-2009, 09:50 PM   #42
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahart04 View Post

yes, popcorn eating time--wow, what a big can of worms. You guys are taking this too seriously (but great suggestions by the way). It is interesting to see how extreme the differences are in peoples' reactions to the situation. This thread was for kicks and giggles, i'm not popping the cat, just a little exaggeration for effect!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....

Closed Thread