Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #57
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
In time for Halloween. Zombie thread rise!

I just thought some of you would be interested to hear my feedback after daily driving my ZL1 for a month.

It is a great daily driver. If you DD a Camaro and deal with the inherent issues that all Camaros have then a ZL1 is no different. (Hard to see out, small trunk, etc.) It does burn more fuel than my SS but with my short commute it is not a big deal.

Overall I love driving this car and for those that are not driving you ZL1s. Who are you saving it for!!! Go drive it.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #58
Vroom

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
^^ I agree
This is one of those rare performance cars the GM designed to be driven. Its all about cheap enjoyment. I use mine as a DD and for recreational driving. I love being able to look at a freeway full of traffic and know I can take the windy back road and have a blast and beat the traffic too. I'll have 100k on this car in no time...
Old 10-30-2012, 10:18 PM   #59
HelloWorld

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2046
It is a pretty awesome DD indeed. The only issue I have is that you have to be careful when entering or leaving slopes, I find that unless I enter at an angle then the splitter may touch the ground.
HelloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:12 PM   #60
rzrbck_zl1

Drives: '13 ZL1 CRT #702; '05 Hemi Ram
Mine's not a daily driver, but I could easily see it being one. Makes my commute to and from work a lot more pleasurable...
rzrbck_zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:12 AM   #61
Bcruse84

Drives: 2013 red ZL1
I have had mine over a month. I got my zl1 and a new duramax at the same time. Figured the car would be just for fun. I got 2800 miles on it and only 27 on the duramax from the drive home. I can't seem to stay out of this thing. Its so much fun to drive. Already voided the warranty and couldn't be happier. It laid down 634hp last week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Bcruse84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #62
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
In time for Halloween. Zombie thread rise!

I just thought some of you would be interested to hear my feedback after daily driving my ZL1 for a month.

It is a great daily driver. If you DD a Camaro and deal with the inherent issues that all Camaros have then a ZL1 is no different. (Hard to see out, small trunk, etc.) It does burn more fuel than my SS but with my short commute it is not a big deal.

Overall I love driving this car and for those that are not driving you ZL1s. Who are you saving it for!!! Go drive it.
We are glad to hear you love it! We have definitely documented the positive feedback.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 03-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #63
ZL1MUSCLE

Drives: '13 ZL1; '08H2, '07ZX-14, '05HAMMER
I have 2 daily drivers - 2013 VR zl1 vert, 2008 H2 - HARD TO DECIDE WHICH TO DRIVE. LOL

ZL1MUSCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #64
BlackZLWon

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
For the ZL1 owners (and other Camaro5 guys) thanks for the opinions. I test drove a ZL1 and it drove like a...... Camaro.
This. I daily drive mine (only about 5 miles round trip, but it get more miles on the weekends) and it is still a camaro, same drawbacks as any other. Probably the only additional drawback is worrying about the front splitter all the time, but I haven't found this to be too much p an issue. For those who say if you can't afford a ZL1 plus a different car as a DD, that is ridiculous. If it hurts too much to daily drive a 60k car plus fuel, tires, insurance, then you probably shouldn't own one, otherwise do with it what you like. It's not a Veyron people.