Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #15
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
You can't go wrong with either company's products. Pfadt is a racing performance company; they design race products that CAN be used on the street; they are more expensive as a result. Pedders is a street performance company; they design street products that CAN be used on the track, and they are less expensive.

It depends on your plans for your car and what you are going to do with it. If you're going to drive 95%+ street and 5% or less track, Pedders is probably the better choice and allows you to buy more stuff because of their lower cost. If you're going to do more than 5% track; lots of autocross, road course type of driving then Pfadt would probably be best if your budget allows for it. But even if you went with Pedders your car would still probably be better than you are on the track unless you're really skilled.

You can mix the two; Pedders and Pfadt. I have Pedders bushings and Xa coilovers, and Pfadt sways and rear trailing arms, and I'm planning on adding their engine mounts soon. Both companies are top-notch and I dare say unless you're a top notch driver, you'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference in performance. They both make great products.
Post of the day!!! KUDOS!!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 02-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #16
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Post of the day!!! KUDOS!!!
Are you searching for inner peace and harmony on Camaro5? Read the There is no such thing. We are searching for world domination and will not be at peace until the earth is covered in PEDDERS RED!

All kidding aside, our Supercar coilovers are ideally suited for both daily driving and the track. The massive 52mm monotubes combined with huge remote reservoirs along with independent bound and rebound adjustment give the driver or crew incredible control over setup. There isn't a professional driver I have met that didn't want independent bound and rebound adjustment on thier race car. Here is what one hard core Pedders customer had to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
On the street, the XA's are a lot of fun. You can set the height where you want them. Playing with the dampening, hard/soft - 30 positions, is a bonus. Set them hard when you want to play. set them soft when you have a date.

The XA's are made for aggressive street driving. You would love them compared to the stock setup. They are like having really good sex, and leaving you extremely satisfied, wanting more of what they offer.

The supercar shocks are like having an orgy. They will please you to no end. You just can't get enough...
This is a frequent question among street users. Are Xa coilovers better for the street than Supercars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRomAniaN View Post
Hey now! If it wasn't for my thread, the signature would've probably never been made! I deserve sommmmme credit. haha

So basically would I notice the difference between the Xa's and Supercar's during aggressive street use (not track use)?
No you would feel it all the time. We found the ideal setup to be:

Supercar Track Damper Settings from Full Soft
Front Bound 18
Front Rebound 16
Rear Bound 23
Rear Rebound 16

I use these on the street and the track because I love how light and precise the 4183 pound 5th Gen feels. For daily driving with ridiculous comfort you can use these settings.

Front Bound 8
Front Rebound 6
Rear Bound 10
Rear Rebound 5

Set for the street, our clients report that the ride quality is better than OE. Dan has had both Xa and Supercar coilovers. I don't think that any of our clients that have had both would ever go back to Xas. That is difficult for me to write becuase the Xa coilovers are an excellant product that our clients love on thier 5th Gen, GTO, G8, HHR, Cobalt, G6, Solstice, Sky, mustang, challenger, charger, magnum and 300C.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #17
FDNY-L107

Drives: 2020 COPO #006
Hi Folks,

For the "what it's worth" department, I have a fairly extensive experience with Pete and Pedders - having run their Track II package on my 06 GTO with outstanding results. I have owned close to 40 performance cars and trucks and have seen every level of engineering and customer service out there.
As stated earlier in this thread, I do not believe you can go wrong with either company. Both are top tier products that are committed to our satisfaction. I personally know Pete is always there for support and has been (from my experience), since early 2006 with the GTO (04-06), group. Both Pete and the entire Pedders team are forward thinking, customer driven folks.
I am now back with my new 2011 Camaro V6 daily driver purchase and look forward to having Pedders components installed once again.

Just my .02 cents.

Regards,
Mark
2011 Camaro V6 / LS
2008 Jeep GC SRT8 / 505RWHP/500TQ
Old 02-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #18
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDNY-L107 View Post
Hi Folks,

For the "what it's worth" department, I have a fairly extensive experience with Pete and Pedders - having run their Track II package on my 06 GTO with outstanding results. I have owned close to 40 performance cars and trucks and have seen every level of engineering and customer service out there.
As stated earlier in this thread, I do not believe you can go wrong with either company. Both are top tier products that are committed to our satisfaction. I personally know Pete is always there for support and has been (from my experience), since early 2006 with the GTO (04-06), group. Both Pete and the entire Pedders team are forward thinking, customer driven folks.
I am now back with my new 2011 Camaro V6 daily driver purchase and look forward to having Pedders components installed once again.

Just my .02 cents.

Regards,
Mark
2011 Camaro V6 / LS
2008 Jeep GC SRT8 / 505RWHP/500TQ
Thank you very much for your kind words. Please send me your snail mail address via PM or email PGB@PeddersUSA.com
Old 02-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #19
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
Great information guys . So if pedders xa are the more affordable coilovers , who can pm with the best C5 member price. I'm in it for looks only but still want the ride that my V6 has now. I have read way to many harsh stories on ride quality from lowering springs. So can any vendors on here help me?
Old 02-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #20
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee sting View Post
Great information guys . So if pedders xa are the more affordable coilovers , who can pm with the best C5 member price. I'm in it for looks only but still want the ride that my V6 has now. I have read way to many harsh stories on ride quality from lowering springs. So can any vendors on here help me?
Where are Bruce or Rob when I need them?
Old 02-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #21
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
I'm here, just being sneaky
Old 02-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #22
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
I'm here, just being sneaky
Crank up your PM machine
Old 02-03-2011, 02:14 PM   #23
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
Ok guys I just tried to call pedders but no answer so left a message. Can any vendors selling the xa coilovers pm me a price for my v6 ? Thanks
Old 02-03-2011, 02:16 PM   #24
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee sting View Post
Ok guys I just tried to call pedders but no answer so left a message. Can any vendors selling the xa coilovers pm me a price for my v6 ? Thanks
I am very sorry. All our lines have been tied up a good portion of the day. Stand by, we'll be with you in a few minutes.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #25
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Sorry for my lack of being on this forum,
We are in the process of setting up a new website and thus have not updated our pricing on the old site yet, so we are still stuck with the lower 2010 prices for another day or so.

New site should be up either Friday or Sunday with the 2011 pricing.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #26
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
Sorry for my lack of being on this forum,
We are in the process of setting up a new website and thus have not updated our pricing on the old site yet, so we are still stuck with the lower 2010 prices for another day or so.

New site should be up either Friday or Sunday with the 2011 pricing.
Rob,

It is a HUGE job and we all understand.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #27
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
We have been getting a lot of inquiries recently about whether our GMPP coilovers are on sale or not. The answer is yes! We are still running our promo from last year. Check the details on Camaro5:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115205
Old 02-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #28
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
We have been getting a lot of inquiries recently about whether our GMPP coilovers are on sale or not. The answer is yes! We are still running our promo from last year. Check the details on Camaro5:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115205
Good answer!

Closed Thread