Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-27-2012, 09:53 PM   #43
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Camaro SS/RS
I get a lot of my ideas from C5 too! Post pic's on here or PM when you get done, I gotta see what u come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanine View Post
I just found this thread and I've got to say you are amazing! The Bumblebee picture with the LED eyes is so sick! Major, major props to you.
I really want to do something like your center console too if you don't mind a copycat (it wouldn't be transformers at least!)
Old 06-27-2012, 10:02 PM   #44
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

I know a lot of my stuff seems out there, but I try and maintain a factory and stealthy appearance. The ABL is kinda visible, but the rest is mostly hidden or in the trunk.

For the switches I have one, the red one below, to operate all the exterior lights. One RGB music controller does all them, seen left side of pic. It is IR so has to be visible, but I tucked as far under as a I could. Knight Rider is on same switch. The other little black switch is to power the external amp and four speakers in the grille and wheel wells. The Dream color is powered by a 12V to AC inverter in center console. Open and turn it on, and the lights come on.

Otherwise the last shot is of all the remoters... The dream color is on auto play through 93 patterns, so don't need remote. The tall one is for interior lights, leave and forget. The external always needs changed to what I want.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I may have missed a pic of it, but where are the switches? Or are they remote? Curious to see where you located the switches if you have pictures.
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #45
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

My baby is famous

A local russian dancer in Vegas wanted to make a music video. He liked the new Camaro's look and contacted our car club. Being Vegas nobody but me showed and he used my car for a night video shoot and a car wash scene. Here's a couple of the vids combined together. Shows off the lights great at night!!! Yes, rolling on LV BLVD with only the white lights on.

Click below.

Attached Images

Last edited by nicave13@gmail.com; 07-27-2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: edit
nicave13@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #46
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

How I get my car washed!!!

None of these photos are too dirty, in fact they are super clean!!! Taken during the car wash video scene. 3 models and one hot car! I can't tell you how hard it was to get all the water spots off after 2 hours of washing in direct sunlight... The things we do for fun Used soap and vinegar and waxed the next day. Total took about 5 hours to clean, but it was worth it.

Fiinal pay off, the video!!! Click on link and it will open in youtube:
Attached Images

Last edited by nicave13@gmail.com; 07-20-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Editing
Old 06-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #47
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
Your car is amazing.... I love all the lights you've done and your trunk is so bad ass!!
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #48
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Thank you!!! I am obsessed with the lights and the Transformer theme. I just wish the trunk wasn't so bright!!! They are Headlight Halo's and way to bright... lol

I do all the work so thank you for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
Your car is amazing.... I love all the lights you've done and your trunk is so bad ass!!
Old 07-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #49
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Glove box light!!!

So my girlfriend Rita complained that she couldn't see in the glove box at night... Really? The light guy's GF needs light? So I think I pulled it off. I had extra dream color strips, pieces, lying around so I used 36 LED's total. If you just hook up power and ground positions 1 and 4 on the strips they light up bright white, for the most part. The bedroom pic is the panel in a totally dark room. Yup, it's bright. I was going for Indiana Jones Arc of the Covenant bright. Nailed it Used a tiny Radioshack normally closed momentary switch on one of the bump stops. Total cost was a $1 for one switch, and I had the lights

Pic's are in the bedroom, the final product, what I was going for and peoples faces after they see it :P lol
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #50
Cliffjumper

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Black
I have the same color changing beats to the music in my footwells
Cliffjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:03 PM   #51
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
That's a crazy amount of lighting. You've got some solid skills to take your ideas and make them reality.

Question: With all of the lighting, have you had to do any "beefing up" of the electrical system to handle the extra load? Or do the LED's just not pull enough amperage to have any kind of effect?

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #52
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Yeah, its a lot. I kinda just keep thinking of new things. No extra batteries or anything needed. All my lights combined wouldn't equal 1/4 of the stereo system and it has a capacitor. Just replaced original battery after 3 years cause it went bad, desert heat. Replaced under warranty with AC DELCO with less than 1000 miles left and 10 days... lol

QUOTE=CamaroSkooter;5289580]That's a crazy amount of lighting. You've got some solid skills to take your ideas and make them reality.

Question: With all of the lighting, have you had to do any "beefing up" of the electrical system to handle the extra load? Or do the LED's just not pull enough amperage to have any kind of effect? [/QUOTE]yeah
Old 07-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #53
Black N' Yellow

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
God of Light

You my friend are an LED god. Great work. You must be turning heads left and right on the LV strip.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:21 PM   #54
ZoMBiE_KMF
Camaro Club of NM

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, Sold: [COTW 2/20/12]

I dig this mod. Really cool.

The car wash is awesome too.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:39 PM   #55
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Thank you Zombie, I am a dork with the Transformers stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoMBiE_KMF View Post

I dig this mod. Really cool.

The car wash is awesome too.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #56
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Cup holder LED's

So I have this thing were I have to be different... Just did some cup holder LED's to match factory for a friend, great kit from Ofer or 2SS/RS. Well my friend, Alex, basically challenged me to do mine!!! We threw around ideas like matching my new total interior lighting, a spot light image on ceiling and even a lazer light show!!! lol Well there is only about 2" max under them so that stuff is not really possible... Lazer light show I just need to find a super small product

So I decided to continue the dream color in them. DC comes in 3 LED strips min so thats what I went with. Plus after the dome light it's all I had left!!! Mounted them so not visible unless you look backwards from dash. The DC has two outputs, but they mirror each other, so it matches the first six LED's in the drivers door. They pics are cool, but the video is awesome!!!

Link to super cool video on youtube, check it out!!!

Attached Images

Last edited by nicave13@gmail.com; 07-20-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Link

Tags
led transformers turbo