Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 10-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #29
dangnplus

Drives: 1LT camaro RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH@IPF-TUNING View Post
Hi !

From my personal experiance with 3 years LFX Tuning i very like to see a real Flywheel power Diagramm until redline with AFR on 91Oct ....

the RWP guessing procedure to flywheel power is .. im sorry .. not reflecting the reality !

Camaro LLT LFX Drag Power on dynojet or other singel drum dynos was never more then 40PS what is measured myself in the last years

This Picture Shows the drivetrain loss at a camaro LLT V6 SC on a singel drum dyno !

Greets ASH@IPF-TUNING
Old 10-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #30
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyk-NO View Post
Man if this would be on the LLT I would be so all over this.
Agreed
Old 10-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #31
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH@IPF-TUNING View Post
Hi !

From my personal experiance with 3 years LFX Tuning i very like to see a real Flywheel power Diagramm until redline with AFR on 91Oct ....

the RWP guessing procedure to flywheel power is .. im sorry .. not reflecting the reality !

Camaro LLT LFX Drag Power on dynojet or other singel drum dynos was never more then 40PS what is measured myself in the last years

This Picture Shows the drivetrain loss at a camaro LLT V6 SC on a singel drum dyno !

Greets ASH@IPF-TUNING
Hi Arno,

I see what you are trying to say. It is just really hard to believe.

In your example, if flywheel horsepower is 445 in 4th gear (which is close to a 1:1 ratio I believe in the manual...actually I think 5th gear might be 1:1 ratio but I could be wrong about that) , and rear wheel power is 405 that is only a 9% loss of power through the drivetrain. If 5th gear in the manual is really 1:1, then I'm thinking dynoing in that gear with you method would give you the most accurate drivetrain loss number, which would be higher than 9%.

But in EVERY other example of dyno sessions we read about on here, the typical drivetrain loss shown on a dyno is much higher than that. Usually 13 - 14% or higher for a manual, and 18 - 19% or higher on an automatic car.

Even the Camaro ZL1, with its supercharged 580 horsepower, typically dynos around 500 rear wheel horsepower or just under that with a manual transmission. That is a drivetrain loss of 14%.

Its really hard for me to believe the V6 only has a loss of 9%.

I'm not saying you are wrong, because I can't exactly prove my thoughts, but I just don't quite understand.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #32
ASH@IPF-TUNING

Drives: 4x4 Turbo
Hi !

the MAIN Problem is ... that DYNOJET keeps the RWP TEsting alive in the USA ... for Europa and other countrys they offer absolutly superb dyno Software that is 100% correct in Flywheel power and flywheel trq .. much better comparison possible then to watch only the RWP .. that is Nonsens Information without knowing the real gearbox and drivetrain loss .. also the RWP is massivly dependent on gear ... gearbox type .. hot or cold drivetrain lubrication tire pressure ... tire type ect ect , that will hopefully be changed when the new dynojet dyno-Software and multichanel dyno electronic System will be delivered some day !

first Software delivery for our own dynojet in Shanghai was standart USA Wheelpower measurement ... and from the cars that we dynoed in Shanghai .. we got much less wheel power figures then in our other dynos that we own ... OK i thought .. what the f..k is that ... ?!

called Dynojet .. awnser was .. add 15% drivetrain loss and you should be OK ... Hmmmm then i can also roll the dice to get the real power .. because between 2 3 4 5 gear there was a massive diffenz of the calculated engine power .. at a 225PS STOCK Buick REgal Turbo we got a bandwitch of 195 to 245PS depending on the used gear ... total UNBELIVEBLE SH.T!

Then we got hold of the european dynojet Support .. and they send us the correct Software Version to measure flywheel power and BINGO .. the brand new buick Turbos and Astra Turbos got their stock power that they should have from the factory .. and not 20-25HP less OR 20-25PS MORE as in the first wheel power testing Software showed depending on the used gear ... and vehicle conditioning Situation ... Like car testet in the morning with cold drivetrain gave different RWP figures then in the evening after complete day testing with hot drivetrain !

Also i had the camaro LLT and LFX in ALL our dynos across the world ON the dyno .. and there was NOT more then 10% drivetrain loss seen even in high gears .. in lower gears MUCH less !

everybody can ONLY Think and calculate himself .. when the drivetrain of a Camaro ZL1 had realistic 80PS drivetrain loss ... then the complete development department should be fired of wasting such massiv Energie in the vehicles drivetrain .. so they must use a cooler for the MT gearbox oil and for the rear Axel to get rid of the heat !

see the dyno sheet of a Camaro L99 AT with EdelBrock EForce Supercharger on our dyno in Germany like dynojet singel drum heavy dyno ..

Drivetrain loss of the AT gearbox was 31kW ( 42PS) at redline and 150MPH in gear nr 4 !!

A Porsche 997 TwinTurbo for example had less then 25PS drivetrain loss in the same Situation

So back to the Basics ... the numbers on the Turbo conversion are basicly impressive for the beginning ... but i defenetivly know from my own experiance that high boosting on the high compression engine will not work Long time !

Greets ASH@IPF-TUNING
Attached Images

Last edited by ASH@IPF-TUNING; 10-13-2013 at 01:54 PM.
ASH@IPF-TUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:07 PM   #33
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
You'd probably burn up the stock clutch pretty quickly. The shortcomings of the suspension would be more apparent, but could be dealt with by driving prudently and the brakes, pretty much the same situation.

I haven't had/seen the need to do any of that stuff. It really depends how far you want to go and how deep your pockets are.

John B.
Thanks John...

What's typical install price on this?
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #34
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
I have seen 2 different Camaros with this set up. The first one had nothing but problems and the second one blew the motor up. Stay away from this. They are junk..
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #35
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermaro585HP View Post
I have seen 2 different Camaros with this set up. The first one had nothing but problems and the second one blew the motor up. Stay away from this. They are junk..
There is only one car here that we know of that has it installed and he has had very good luck as far as we know.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of HPS?
Old 02-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #36
Sparkyz13Bee

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
As soon as my factory warranty is up. This kit is going on........ is tjere a possibility af gettimg 500hp or more you think?
Sparkyz13Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #37
Tutran

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1lt
How long would the engine die with this kit? As a daily driver with random bursts of speed once in a while
Tutran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #38
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
I plan on doing some work on my kit and at least hitting 500 whp. and my car is daily driven with bursts of fun. It's lasted so far. I have about 12000 miles on it.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:03 PM   #39
walter78

Drives: 2013 RS (2LT) CRT w/ Blk Rally Strp
Anyone install twin turbo on 2013 2LT RS?

I am looking to upgrade my car. It is my daily driver (25 miles a day, short trips). I want to get more power, and getter MPG over stock.

I like the idea of a twin turbo, but not sure if it's worth the money.

Anyone have twins installed on a 2013 LT RS with pictures of the install?
walter78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:07 PM   #40
WillTuker

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT RS Victory Red
How would twin turbos effect my exhaust note? I currently am running K&N intake, solo high flows, and welded in magnaflow x pipe to SLP loud mouth 1 (with h pipe and stock resonator deleted)... My assumption would be it would quiet the system down by the restriction caused by the turbos however, don't they delete the cats?

K&N Typhoon Intake, VMax PTB, Elite Oil Catch Can, Solo Hi-Flow Cats, SLP Loudmouth 1, Technostalgia LED Sequential Turn Signals, Oracle LED Reverse Lights, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior, Barton STS, RS Embroidered Headrests
WillTuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #41
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
It'll quiet it down

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:37 PM   #42
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillTuker View Post
How would twin turbos effect my exhaust note? I currently am running K&N intake, solo high flows, and welded in magnaflow x pipe to SLP loud mouth 1 (with h pipe and stock resonator deleted)... My assumption would be it would quiet the system down by the restriction caused by the turbos however, don't they delete the cats?
It will quite it down quite a bit. One question. Why are you running a x-pipe and a h-pipe.