Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #15
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
oh wow that orange looked red to me.
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #16
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Nice - road trip to Wisconsin, I'll cover dinner!
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #17
KATHY63

Drives: 2010 IOM manual 2SS
DEALERSHIP CLOSED

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THE UNFORTUNATE EXPERIENCE OF YOUR DEALERSHIP CLOSING? OURS DID FRIDAY. WE FOUGHT TO GET OUR DEPOSIT BACK FRIDAY. THEY DID NOT LET US KNOW ANYTHING. THEY TOLD US THAT OUR ORDER HAS BEEN CANCELLED. WE REORDERED OUR INFERNO ORANGE STICK 2SS YESTERDAY. WE HAVE NOW BEEN PUT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST WHICH STINKS BECAUSE WE ORDERED OURS ON OCTOBER 18 '08. WE HAVE PHONE CALLS IN TO GM BUT THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO EITHER. WE ALSO JUST GOT BACK FROM THE CHICAGO AUTO SHOW AND THE CAR IS AWESOME!!! TO SAY THE LEAST. WE CAN'T WAIT FOR OURS. LOTS OF LEG ROOM UP FRONT!!!!
KATHY63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #18
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla1ove3 View Post
oh wow that orange looked red to me.
Yep, I had to go back and look. When the sun shines on it, you can tell it's orange.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #19
Visual_Perfection

Drives: '02 Bonneville SLE
You could have been everyone's new hero if you could have captured a video of the car taking off, revving etc! There are not really any good videos of the SS exhaust yet, and with people driving them around and taking videos someone NEEDS to get a good video! The one video of the V6 taking off down the road was great, now c'mon guys get one of the SS!

Kindda makes me nervous that you said it doesn't have much snap compared to a 405hp car (I know the Z06 weighs significantly less) But 426hp should have SNAP.

Also a little concerned that you said it doesn't sound as good.. Corvettes sound great, and I know a camaro prob. won't compare, but I was hoping GM actually gave this car a good exhaust note from the factory, I mean I hate mustangs, but every mustang sounds good even stock! (I know different kind of Engine) But Corvettes with an LS3 sound AWESOME, so why can't a camaro?
Visual_Perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:49 PM   #20
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATHY63 View Post
HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THE UNFORTUNATE EXPERIENCE OF YOUR DEALERSHIP CLOSING? OURS DID FRIDAY. WE FOUGHT TO GET OUR DEPOSIT BACK FRIDAY. THEY DID NOT LET US KNOW ANYTHING. THEY TOLD US THAT OUR ORDER HAS BEEN CANCELLED. WE REORDERED OUR INFERNO ORANGE STICK 2SS YESTERDAY. WE HAVE NOW BEEN PUT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST WHICH STINKS BECAUSE WE ORDERED OURS ON OCTOBER 18 '08. WE HAVE PHONE CALLS IN TO GM BUT THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO EITHER. WE ALSO JUST GOT BACK FROM THE CHICAGO AUTO SHOW AND THE CAR IS AWESOME!!! TO SAY THE LEAST. WE CAN'T WAIT FOR OURS. LOTS OF LEG ROOM UP FRONT!!!!

Caps lock
Haven't had to deal with any closing around here but.. if your order was in the work bench they shouldn't have canceled it.. that's a horrible horrible F**k up by the dealer for doing that. Should have just changed dealer location.. but then again it would still toss you at the end of the list by changing dealer...

hmm that sucks.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #21
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Thats sucks, im sorry to hear that. Atleast you got your deposit back by the sound of it.
Hey Zedder, is this a one time thing, or do you thing he would be dropping by next week? By the way were people complaining about IOM because i thought this video makes it look amazing because it throws people off once it hits the sun. Thanks for the vid Zedder. If you think he might be coming aain next week, please let me know, thanks alot!
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:12 PM   #22
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
4800+ curb weight ???..... For the Camaro!? WOW you are way off.

Try:
3750 – LT w/automatic
3741 – LT w/manual
3769 – LS w/automatic
3780 – LS w/manual
3913 – SS w/automatic
3860 – SS w/manual
Ooops...that should have been 3800+
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:16 PM   #23
Zedder

Drives: 40 plus Camaros and counting!
A lot of the other guys there really liked the Orange colour...just a personal preference thing All of us thought the car lacked the "snap", not just me. Some wondered if the motor was detuned for the Camaro, but no one really had any insider info. Even the C6 Corvette exhaust is quite quiet compared to the C5 Z06. However, the LS3 sounds great in the C6 Corvette when the baffles are opened on the exhaust (RPO NP3 I think?). Are they offering this on the Camaro also? If so, I'd definitely get it. If not, an aftermarket exhaust will fix this problem.

If the car is coming out again, I'll be sure to post the date and time here...

Sorry for not getting any more specific video, but to be honest, the exhaust sound was so quiet, that it didn't even cross my mind. I'm sure some of you are thinking I am a Corvette guy bashing the new Camaro....not so! I've owned 35 Camaros over the years and am a Camaro guy before any other car!!! The new Camaro is a great car. I just think it's going to need a tune and an exhaust system to put a really big grin on my face.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #24
JeanBond21

Drives: Focus
I'll admit I don't know a lot about cars and I've never owned a muscle car but.....I've test driven the Mustang GT and the exhaust on that at 300hp sounds better than the Camaro at 426. Can somebody explain why it's so quiet? Because I ordered a V8 for that deep growl but so from watching that video........I'm kinda disappointed.

Classic Chevy of Grapevine
#9 out of 60!
JeanBond21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #25
TJ91

Good input, i just hope too many people dont order IOM and hope they believe that it looks tomatoey lol Slefish me i know.
Did it have the IOM interior and if it did, did it look too much or just right with the orange panels and everything!
Old 02-15-2009, 06:23 PM   #26
TJ91

Just put Flowmasters on and you will be more then Happy with your LS3. If anything, go to magnaflow and flowmaster websites and check how the LS3 vette sounds with their exhausts, and thne you can get a good idea of how yours will sound.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:29 PM   #27
Zedder

Drives: 40 plus Camaros and counting!
Yes, it had the matching interior (see pic below). It matched well and both the car and interior looked more red than orange to me

Old 02-15-2009, 06:34 PM   #28
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
SWEET! For once i wish i lived in Ontario!