Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #813
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
If it were not for the few dealers like Rodgers and Tom Henry I'd have lost faith in Chevy and GM a long time ago.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:34 AM   #814
Pip

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Saw this on Autoblog and the front page of Yahoo today (which has 8500+ comments). I'm surprised I missed this as I check Camaro5 regularly. Anyway, I can't believe how bad the dealer is handling this. Are they broke or something? I can't believe a new ZL1 isn't in order. It seems like the dealer is too concerned with doing what they legally obligated to do rather than doing what's morally best and what's best for PR. Having this story on the front page of Yahoo which is still the 4th most visited site on the Internet will damage the dealership's cred forever.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:54 AM   #815
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
No, but a civil court can place a value on that sentiment. That's what the dealer needs to figure out quick. He can treat the car like toaster and value it as a commodity, or he can recognize that there is a lot more to "value" than what KBB or NADA or an insurance company says. Dealers who understand that are successful.

Padre
Yup. Then mental anguish. Then potential future appreciation. Hell, that car might have ended up saving someones life. Need to add that price to the mix. Or maybe even becoming the only ZL1 left in the world 200 years from now. What if there were a nuclear holocaust but somehow humans are able to survive and rebuild and it's the only remnant left of the 'Old World' and it's the most valuable thing in the world?
Old 01-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #816
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Yup. Then mental anguish. Then potential future appreciation. Hell, that car might have ended up saving someones life. Need to add that price to the mix. Or maybe even becoming the only ZL1 left in the world 200 years from now. What if there were a nuclear holocaust but somehow humans are able to survive and rebuild and it's the only remnant left of the 'Old World' and it's the most valuable thing in the world?

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Old 01-11-2014, 11:05 AM   #817
habunow1

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
I am amazed how this dealership is putting so much effort into cleaning up the internet and not willing to make this right. Their webmaster has to be working overtime removing post and comments. Google rating and reviews have been all over the place and as fast as it drop down it looks like things are being removed to get it back up. It might be easier to put that effort into making things right.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #818
PQ
Booooosted.

I wonder what the real reason is that this dealer is handling this so shitty?

I've shown this to a lot of people. Clients mostly. It's just crazy.

I'd guess that the dealer is rigid with defiance over the OP going so public. And that defiance will be their undoing. Like mlee said, they take a 15k bath in the end after insurance.

Imagine, though, if they did not have insurance. It almost seems that way.

I'd still like to know what the customers insurance company has said.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:15 AM   #819
Pip

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
I did a quick "ZL1" search on Twitter and it appears this is blowing up on Twitter. At this point, I think Chevy needs to step in and do whatever is needed to make the OP happy. I realize that dealers are franchises but come on, the dealer and to a lesser extent, Chevy need to do something to save face at this point. It never should have gotten to this point. Once Chevy realized the scale of the situation, they should have taken it over and given him a new ZL1 or even a Stingray to his liking.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #820
habunow1

Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
I know GM cant force a private dealerships hand but was glad to see this.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/01/...ccident-watch/
Old 01-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #821
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
It's widely known all over the place. I dropped my car off at the dealership and mentioned the story, the service writer had heard about it already. It has saturated the car world!
Old 01-11-2014, 11:44 AM   #822
Jalberdi99

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2SS/RS M6
In a weird kid of way, this is good that it happened. Let me explain, most dealers are aware of the problem this dealership is having. I think most dealers are going to be extra carefull from now on with our cars of fear of messing up and the **** up going viral. My 2¢. I hope you get your way OP
Old 01-11-2014, 12:00 PM   #823
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalberdi99 View Post
In a weird kid of way, this is good that it happened. Let me explain, most dealers are aware of the problem this dealership is having. I think most dealers are going to be extra carefull from now on with our cars of fear of messing up and the **** up going viral. My 2¢. I hope you get your way OP

I doubt that this will change how dealer's handle things. If anything, it'll jus teach them to settle with the customer right off the bat versus trying to clean up the mess.

Remember a few months ago the dealership where the customer put a recording device inside the car when he dropped it off for warranty work?
Old 01-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #824
Hall of Fame

Drives: Hall of Fame
I cannot believe some of the postings... I guess it isn't surprising knowing what society has created by the "Entitlements ". Seems everyone wants to sue someone and think they are entitled to more than they have. I do know one thing... it isn't causing the dealership any hardship and it shouldn't. Man bought a new car for 60k or so.. drives it 10k and wants them to buy him a new one. Horse manure. Just because he THINKS he has the dealership for some kind of a mistake they made. What if the place caught fire, tornado ripped it to Kansas. The same result.. simply an insurance claim. Who gives a rip what kind of car it was? I support the dealership in their decision how to handle it and frankly it is out of their hands. That is exactly what Insurance is for. Let him sue the Geico Lizard. This whole fiasco has went clear out of control and the owner thinks all the hoopla on the web will get him more. It won't and shouldn't , and IF it does it only shows how ignorant society has become.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #825
EDISKRAD EHT

Drives: Blown Goat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
I cannot believe some of the postings... I guess it isn't surprising knowing what society has created by the "Entitlements ". Seems everyone wants to sue someone and think they are entitled to more than they have. I do know one thing... it isn't causing the dealership any hardship and it shouldn't. Man bought a new car for 60k or so.. drives it 10k and wants them to buy him a new one. Horse manure. Just because he THINKS he has the dealership for some kind of a mistake they made. What if the place caught fire, tornado ripped it to Kansas. The same result.. simply an insurance claim. Who gives a rip what kind of car it was? I support the dealership in their decision how to handle it and frankly it is out of their hands. That is exactly what Insurance is for. Let him sue the Geico Lizard. This whole fiasco has went clear out of control and the owner thinks all the hoopla on the web will get him more. It won't and shouldn't , and IF it does it only shows how ignorant society has become.

Unless they can provide him with an identical car, identical mileage, etc, why would he not be 'entitled' to a new one? It's the next best thing, as opposed to being worse than what he had. When he bought the car new, he got exactly what he wanted. So why should he have to accept a car that wasn't identical to his own down to the very last mile and option? Why should he have to accept a downgrade because of something the dealer is 100% responsible in controlling?
Old 01-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #826
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
You support their offer of a alleged previously wrecked ZL1 with more mileage? Get out of here man......

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost

Closed Thread