Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-22-2015, 08:36 PM   #15
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
I use a very high tech decision making method for all difficult decisions

"Meanie, minee, moe "

But really I have experience with JBA and they never leaked or rusted. I had the Titanium coating. A friend had Kooks and no issues, and another has the American Racing Header with no problems

Now a buddy has BBK and wholly cow those went to looking like crap so fast and rusted to the point the last time he had them off I thought they came off of a junkyard motor sitting in mud. They were chrome originally and only a couple years old

Headers are like anything, you get what you pay for. Just make sure the mounting plate is a this gauge and also I always look at he type of welds inside the tubes, because that is where the performance is. Anything can look pretty on the outside, there has been header manufacturers who use hightemp puddy to simulate a good weld. Then the inside of the tube is got all kinds of extra weld blocking exhaust flow.
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:49 PM   #16
CyberGreyConvertible
Dunder Mifflin Inc.

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeless Man View Post
Yes those look good. Did u decide if u want high flow cats or catless mids? Also, you can prob get them cheaper from this vendor on Camaro5: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/member.php?u=41906 also free shipping with him

I think I'm going to go with high flow cats.
CyberGreyConvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 12:25 AM   #17
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Ok stainless powers is a good brand that many of us have and they use 304 stainless which won't rust. Also, I would get new gaskets OEM on Amazon like $24 a pair. You can reuse your old ones but it's only $24. Are u gonna try to install urself? All the shops I called charge between $400-$500 apparently so I just did it myself.

Last edited by Homeless Man; 05-23-2015 at 08:42 AM.
Homeless Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:36 AM   #18
kville988
Lurking in my SS

Drives: '14 2SS/RS L99
I WENT WITH STAINLESS POWER W/CATS AFTER A LOT OF THINKING AND LOOKING. GLAD I DID. I ALSO INSTALLED MYSELF WITH A LOT OF HELP FROM MY COUSIN. WE WERE BOTH NEW AT IT BUT INSTALL WASNT BAD AT ALL. I JUST COULDN'T SEE MYSELF PAYING $500 FOR IT. THATS WHAT I WAS QUOTED.
kville988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:09 AM   #19
CyberGreyConvertible
Dunder Mifflin Inc.

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
I'm going to ask around and get a few installation quotes. If they're really overpriced, I'll just attempt it myself. Being completely new to this, how hard is the installation process?
CyberGreyConvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:44 AM   #20
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
It is kinda hard but pretty straight forward. I can show you the videos that helped me. And did u see my headers thread? If you have airtools it is way faster and easier. Just sucks getting the bolts out by hand.