Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #1
audiomikej

Drives: the wife crazy talking Camaros
Couple of E-Force and Magnacharger questions

Why does Edelbrock supply a 3.875” pulley with the L99 kit and a 3.5” pulley with the LS3 kit? As a L99 owner I am feeling a little disappointed.

The E-Force is the king of the biggest torque curve, but they are running a smaller pulley than Magnacharger. How would a Magnacharger running a 3.5” pulley compare?
audiomikej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Most likey to even out the power. On a stock, or non ls3 conversioned L99, it takes more to make more. So you'll need a bit more boost on the l99 to make the same numbers as the ls3.

I have no idea what the E-force does but if you run a 3.5 pulley on a Maggie, 1. it would have to be an aftermarket and 2. you'll be making around 9 psi. So on an L99 with headers I would guess around 525-530 rwhp.

I have no clue about this stuff but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Big Daddy Kane

Drives: Red 1SS
Actually, the larger pulley on the automatic e-force puts out less boost. The bigger the pulley, the less boost. I think they do that because of the tranny. For whatever reason, I can't remember. I briefly read something about that last week, but I forgot what it said. Whoops.

Kooks LT Headers/catback exhaust, E-force supercharger, JRE fuel line upgrade, JRE differential, 3.91 LPE gears, Roto-fab intake, JRE tune, DSS Carbon Fiber driveshaft, MGW shifter, Hotchkis chassis braces
Big Daddy Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #4
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiomikej View Post
Why does Edelbrock supply a 3.875” pulley with the L99 kit and a 3.5” pulley with the LS3 kit? As a L99 owner I am feeling a little disappointed.

The E-Force is the king of the biggest torque curve, but they are running a smaller pulley than Magnacharger. How would a Magnacharger running a 3.5” pulley compare?
Maggie auto or manual comes with a 3.8 pulley, We use a 3.6 with Headers and CAI for a Well Rounded package that makes 560 RWHP on LS3 and 505 RWHP on L99, we also add an MSD fuel pump voltage booster at this power level.

Edelbrock has chosen not to tune the TCM on the Auto cars maybe that is why they run less boost on the Auto cars.

The L99 has lower compression so it can actually take more boost than the LS3.

I Tune the TCM in all my tunes for Edelbrock or Magnacharger, So I can set you up with a Pulley, My fuel line upgrade, an MSD voltage booster and a Custom Tune that will Keep you Smiling

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote