Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #1
gmen09

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS ls3
Lightbulb anybody use these products

I saw this video on Drive channel and thought this was pretty helpful for those just learning how to detail their cars , I had never heard of the hydration stuff and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it.
gmen09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #2
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Cool video, so his "hydrate the paint" at the end when he is drying looks essentially like using detail spray as you dry. What did get my attention was his use of the foam gun WHILE washing with the pad - that seems to make great sense but I get it uses a TON of soap. I definitely picked up a few things I plan on using, though - good find and thank you for sharing!
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
tjk_art

Drives: 2010
Never tried the products, but wouldn't mind. Guy seems to know what he's talking about in the video.
tjk_art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #4
camarograna2
Car Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS A/T
Send a message via MSN to camarograna2
does anyone else get anoyed when these car wash videos show clean vehicles being washed. I want to see what your product can do with a dirty car. I wash my car every weekend and preety much only use it about 2 days out of the week and its way dirtier than these show cars.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
STuRTzz

Drives: '12 Summit White 2ls W/Black Stripe
Why would you need a grit guard in the soapy bucket? shouldn't it be dirt free before you put it in the soapy bucket? That is a lot of soap! I would use like $15 worth of soapy if I copied him. Although his seems to a lot of water.
STuRTzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #6
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by STuRTzz View Post
Why would you need a grit guard in the soapy bucket? shouldn't it be dirt free before you put it in the soapy bucket? That is a lot of soap! I would use like $15 worth of soapy if I copied him. Although his seems to a lot of water.
I use a grit guard in the soap bucket as well as the rinse bucket, the way I look at it is you should be scrubbing the mitt/pad every time you put it in a bucket no matter if it is the dirty or the soap bucket - you want any contaminants to settle to the bottom so they don't keep getting brought back to your paint. Grit guards are cheap!
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote