Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 07:19 AM   #1
KCotner96

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary
Maryland Speed

On July 2nd I decided to purchase Kooks headers and a Roto Fab intake from these guys. I was told it would take 2-4 weeks for non coated headers. Here we are in September and neither of the products have yet to ship. I have been told 3 times in the the last 3 weeks when I have called that my items will ship out the following Monday. Gets old when you're told the same thing multiple times and still have yet to receive any of your products. Now after waiting all this time I continue to see more and more bad reviews about this place. This has been the biggest nightmare of a purchase I have ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2017, 08:15 AM   #2
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
They were always good in the past, but I've seen the reviews you're talking about. If you are tired of waiting give the manufacturers a call directly and see what deal they will give you.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
Old 09-05-2017, 08:52 AM   #3
Reichler

Drives: 2004 GTO & 2005 GTO
Typical MarylandSpeed BS. Call Kooks directly and get the real story. Don't be surprised when they tell you that MarylandSpeed hasn't even placed the order with them yet.

Used to be a phenomenal supplier, but have tanked hard. We've all sorts of reported issues with this guy over on LS1GTO, and personally know people who have been given the same exact run around.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:01 AM   #4
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Also have personally known a couple of people whom have fallen victim to the Maryland Speed run around. You've got the right idea, posting in the forum - they usually get responsive when you start making enough noise in a public forum.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
Old 09-05-2017, 09:20 AM   #5
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
There is another thread in the Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences section. Good luck.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:22 AM   #6
KCotner96

Maryland Speed

On July 2nd I decided to purchase Kooks headers and a Roto Fab intake from these guys. I was told it would take 2-4 weeks for non coated headers. Here we are in September and neither of the products have yet to ship. I have been told 3 times in the the last 3 weeks when I have called that my items will ship out the following Monday. Gets old when you're told the same thing multiple times and still have yet to receive any of your products. Now after waiting all this time I continue to see more and more bad reviews about this place. This has been the biggest nightmare of a purchase I have ever had.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:28 AM   #7
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Cancel the order and buy the headers somewhere else. Don't get on a forum and complain about it. Hit them where it hurts. Kooks doesn't care who the money comes from.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
Old 09-05-2017, 09:33 AM   #8
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
If you do cancel your order check with dynoSteve at RDP, he has been very responsive in the past, I did get my SCT X4 tuner and Roto-Fab intake from him and it only took a couple of days. I'm not sure of the wait on Kooks headers, I went with speed engineering for headers. Good luck in what ever you decide.

Last edited by WoodBoss; 09-06-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:35 AM   #9
saluki

Drives: 2017 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
Cancel the order and buy the headers somewhere else. Don't get on a forum and complain about it. Hit them where it hurts. Kooks doesn't care who the money comes from.
If I don't see my suspension order shipped out by Sunday I am doing that for my stuff. But doing both is the real way to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
If you do cancel your order check with dynoSteve at RDP, he has been very responsive in the past, I did get my SCT X4 tuner and Roto-Fab intake from him and it only too a couple of days. I'm not sure of the wait on Kooks headers, I went with speed engineering for headers. Good luck in what ever you decide.
Will be ordering through steve or straight from BMR if I have to cancel this order.

'13 SS @ Burkhart Chassis
Old 09-05-2017, 09:36 AM   #10
saluki

Ooh I have another one to bump this weekend...

Old 09-05-2017, 09:38 AM   #11
KCotner96

If I could cancel the order I would've awhile ago. It says in the fine print you can't cancel any orders on Kooks products.

Old 09-05-2017, 09:38 AM   #12
saluki

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCotner96 View Post
If I could cancel the order I would've awhile ago. It says in the fine print you can't cancel any orders on Kooks products.

Do a charge back via credit card

Old 09-05-2017, 05:31 PM   #13
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
They seem to be getting this a lot lately. Members should definitely do their research on here before buying from a vendor, as that doesn't mean all that much here. As much as I love this site and it's administration, I think once a certain negative reputation is reached, the status of vendor should be revoked until things are able to turn around on the vendor's behalf. MS is a good company, or use to be, but because they pay for vendor rights on here members are constantly buying from them and the same complaint comes back time after time. The vendor review section speaks for itself. You would think C5 would refund them and worry more about their members constantly getting the run around rather than allowing them to still be on here after it's painfully apparent that they cant keep up with customer needs.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Old 09-05-2017, 06:39 PM   #14
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
Cancel the order and hit up DynoSteve at RDP. He is a great guy, has great prices, and the products get shipped exactly when he says they will. I was lucky enough to go through him with my first ever Camaro purchase, and he is always the guy I contact whenever I need something for my car. I have sent friends to him, and now they are RDP customers because of how great he conducts business.

Closed Thread