Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-13-2013, 11:28 AM   #99
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Same reason they didn't call the ZL1 or 1LE a Z28....
And you'd be wrong.

The ZL1 is not a Z28, why? A Z28 will be NA.
The 1LE is not a Z28, why? It is missing some ingredients, i.e. high revving track designed engine...

The 1LE is close. Add an engine that loves to rev keeping it in the power band longer and rocketing it out of the turns faster and then see where the VIR lap time ends up.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #100
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian 1LE SS View Post
How do you know it was a typo?
I guess I don't know if the moon landing was staged either. All I'm saying is right now the LS7 Camaro is rumor, the same way the Z/28 has been for four years. It's fun to speculate though.

But anyone who thinks driving a 426HP, great looking, practical car that handles like the 1LE for less than $37K is getting the shaft just needs to have their head examined...
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #101
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
I guess I don't know if the moon landing was staged either. All I'm saying is right now the LS7 Camaro is rumor, the same way the Z/28 has been for four years. It's fun to speculate though.

But anyone who thinks driving a 426HP, great looking, practical car that handles like the 1LE for less than $37K is getting the shaft just needs to have their head examined...
Amen!
Old 01-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #102
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
the only way i could see the 1le getting the shaft, is if the ls7 equipped camaro is priced very close or same with it.

Never gonna happen. The LS7 is twice the price of an LS3. If an LS7 is optioned you can bet it will cost what a ZL1 costs. I doubt you will be able to get a 1SS and add the LS7. We can't order a 1SS with the LSA. If there is an LS7 it will be priced with the ZL1 and it will be just a hard to get one (ie. no price reduction)
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #103
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post

Damn I bought an iPhone 4S and now there is an iPhone 5. Apple didn't disclose to me in a legal document that they might make a new product. Nobody told me. The government didn't tell me. It's not "my" fault. It's "their" fault. I've been wronged. Please GM put a large red non removable sticker on my dash that I have to look at every time I drive my car with legal terms that state this car may become outdated in my lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #104
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Damn I bought an iPhone 4S and now there is an iPhone 5. Apple didn't disclose to me in a legal document that they might make a new product. Nobody told me. The government didn't tell me. It's not "my" fault. It's "their" fault. I've been wronged. Please GM put a large red non removable sticker on my dash that I have to look at every time I drive my car with legal terms that state this car may become outdated in my lifetime.

This made me laugh... it's not too far from the truth though.

True story I noticed a warning label on the wife's curling iron... something along the lines of "keep this out of your eyes it can burn them" seriously....

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Old 01-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #105
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
This made me laugh... it's not too far from the truth though.

True story I noticed a warning label on the wife's curling iron... something along the lines of "keep this out of your eyes it can burn them" seriously....

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Omg. That is hilarious. I always thought putting a hot curling iron into my eye socket was something I'd try one day. You burst my bubble.

With all the environmental friendliness in the world, I wonder if anyone calculated the environment impact and cost of coffee cozzy's and plastic lids that coffee shops are mandated to give us since that idiot sued McDonald's for burning himself / herself on hot coffee. If I were the spokesperson for Mickey D's I would have said, "We are sorry you had an accident, we did a market survey and 100 out of 100 people preferred their hot coffee ... Wait for it ... HOT!"

Back to topic. Chevy can and should release whatever they want. Someone on this thread offered to buy our 1LE's at 50% depreciated value.

I figure before 2016 or whenever all cars have to be super high mileage by gov mandate it means we bought at the right time. I'm going to enjoy the next (last?) three years.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #106
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
And you'd be wrong.

The ZL1 is not a Z28, why? A Z28 will be NA.
The 1LE is not a Z28, why? It is missing some ingredients, i.e. high revving track designed engine...

The 1LE is close. Add an engine that loves to rev keeping it in the power band longer and rocketing it out of the turns faster and then see where the VIR lap time ends up.
We'll see.... Just don't get your hopes up again only to be dissapointed. Mainly as others have stated is price, the Z28 should be affordable to everyone, plus it will be a limited run it should be a model thats easily available. That's why I say the Z28 will not appear until the 6th generation is released

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 01-13-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #107
Firefighter

Now the addition of the LT1 for the 2014 model year would irritate me a bit. The DI is going to be the ish.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #108
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Now the addition of the LT1 for the 2014 model year would irritate me a bit. The DI is going to be the ish.

Has been said that the LT1 will be difficult to personally enhance.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #109
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Has been said that the LT1 will be difficult to personally enhance.

New tech always is a PITA. In all honesty both of my cars are far out of warranty, so when I went to the dealer doing recon to try and figure what my line of attack is going to be with the 1LE I'm about to order I was very surprised to see how far along they've come with the "Big Brother Techniques".

I mean they scan your car and it goes via satalite to GM? One check and you can be in a voided warranty situation all the way up to GM?!?!?!?!? Holy sheot! When I was a Tech back it the day it was like the wild west by comparison...
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #110
CrystalRedTintcoat

Honestly guys the only place Z28 fit or product lineup is between DL/1 handle on how are you.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #111
CrystalRedTintcoat

Honestly guys, the only place the z28 fits is between the 1LE and the ZL1. If it comes the 1LE may cease to exist. Doesn't make sense to have three models so tightly grouped in price 35k to 55k. Then again maybe it's list for 45k but that would price a lot of people out.

Maybe I'm wrong but in trying to think of the portfolio and the respective prices.

Old 01-13-2013, 11:54 PM   #112
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
New tech always is a PITA. In all honesty both of my cars are far out of warranty, so when I went to the dealer doing recon to try and figure what my line of attack is going to be with the 1LE I'm about to order I was very surprised to see how far along they've come with the "Big Brother Techniques".

I mean they scan your car and it goes via satalite to GM? One check and you can be in a voided warranty situation all the way up to GM?!?!?!?!? Holy sheot! When I was a Tech back it the day it was like the wild west by comparison...
Yep any dealer can scan your vin number and know anything done to it by any other dealer, including any scans of your computer. Oh yeah OnStar already scans your car once a month if you have a subscription and have signed up for monthly reports.