Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #71
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Don't worry about not affording a attorney, you can sue for a lot of money over this. Not just losing the car, but what your going through and the lies the dealership is saying. I guarantee you bring it to court they will pay you before it reached a verdict and it'll be more than enough to pay of your attorney and buy a brand new ZL1 with money left over. Just call a lawyer and explain the situation and I bet they can help you out even if you don't have the money yet

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
Old 12-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #72
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
Ok. Thanks for the photo help. In the meantime I had added an album. You are free to look at the photos there.

Now for more specifics:
1. The dealer refuses to give us the insurance information--not to me OR my insurance company.

Just to make myself clear, the service writer for the dealership went into the building on a Sunday when it was closed and stole the keys to my car. This was NOT a test drive--it was a joy ride. When the police came, the SOB had the nerve to tell the cop that he (the service writer) was my best friend. AND THE COP BELIEVED HIM!!! Come on, folks. This isn't a Honda Accord we are talking about. Shouldn't the cop have been a little leery of that and called me to find out???

2. I am sure I will have to get a lawyer, but that costs money that I just don't have right now.

3. I have notified Chevrolet Customer Care and got a "thanks for being a loyal customer, but we don't have any control over our franchises."

4. The insurance company finally "totaled" the car today. The original adjuster had to bring in his boss due to the nature of the situation. I didn't want to contact an attorney until I was sure they weren't going to try to fix the car.

5. I posted photos of the car on the dealer's Facebook page last night, but they took them down.

6. I don't have a Facebook page, but friends have been posting it to their pages.

7. My next step is to contact the local TV station. We live in a pretty small area, and word will get out quickly.

To all of you believers, thanks. Your support means a lot to me. I suppose I shouldn't have asked "what would you do" but maybe just let everyone know what happened. Only a true lover of his car would understand what I am going through right now. Losing the car is bad enough--being mistreated by the dealer just adds another nail in the coffin.

John
Good Luck John - Please keep us updated!
Old 12-20-2013, 07:53 PM   #73
jhoop302

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
RIP 2012 ZL1 #1635 Pt. 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
I found the only dealership in Georgetown is 1st State Chevy
Give the man a gold star!! That's the place. At least they can't say I trashed their name--I just gave the location.

Let's see, in the last few years I have purchased from them:
2006 Chevy Equinox (used)
2010 Camaro 2SS (purchased on the same day as the used 2006 Equinox above)
2011 Chevy Equinox
2012 ZL1

And this is the way I get rewarded for my business...
Old 12-20-2013, 08:12 PM   #74
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Thats crazy, that is completely on their hands
Old 12-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #75
SkunkWorks

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Just saw the photographs. Wow! I would think if the dealership was liable the insurance company would cover the attorney fees. The problem is if the employee acted on his own, meaning not on company time, it is between he and you.

I wish you luck.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #76
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoop302 View Post
To the person who began the "anyone find it a little unusual the OP only has 1 post and just joined? I hate to be skeptical, but to doubt is to learn...."

If you would look on the registry of the 2012 ZL1's, you would see my name listed there. This is an absolutely true story, and just because I am not a techie person and have not joined the social media bandwagon doesn't mean I can't bring a story to people's attention when I have been wronged.

The story is absolutely true. At least from my end. I have my doubts about whether the dealer is telling the truth or not.

As far as pictures go, if someone can tell me how to post them (they are on my wife's laptop, not at an http://) I will be happy to.

By the way, the dealer is located in Georgetown, DE and is the only Chevy dealer in that town. The local paper (Cape Gazette) has been notified. I do not know if a story has been published yet or not--they only publish on Tuesdays and Fridays.

PLEASE--if someone will tell me how to post photos, I will be happy to show you the before and a few afters...

Thanks for all the support from this group even though I am reaching out for the first time. To the skeptics out there, I have absolutely nothing to hide.

If any of you are into first generation Camaros, my name may be familiar. I wrote 6 books on first gens including:
The 1969 Camaro Reference Book
The 1967-68 Camaro Reference Book
The 1967-1969 Camaro Recognition Guide

John R. Hooper

Well I stand corrected sir. Now where are those pics? We can add the pics and the dealership name to the thread dedicated to dealers to say away from.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:27 PM   #77
BigBoyBlue
Go NY Giants & NY Rangers

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
As I wrote earlier, you need to write an explanatory letter and send it to every executive that you can find at GM. I know you will get feedback and at minimum get that dealer punished by GM. Don't waste your time with customer care. They are not decision makers and won't be able to get anything done.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:36 PM   #78
jhoop302

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
RIP 2012 ZL1 #1635 Pt. 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss-booya View Post
Well I stand corrected sir. Now where are those pics? We can add the pics and the dealership name to the thread dedicated to dealers to say away from.
Thank you.

The photos are in an album titled 2012 ZL1 #1635. The name of the dealer has been revealed as 1st State Chevrolet in Georgetown DE (thanks to an astute forum member).

John
Old 12-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #79
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Why isn't the service writer in jail for grand theft auto?

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Old 12-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #80
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
John, I am sorry for your loss. I can tell you this my dealership would, without a doubt make good for their mistake. But I have a personal relationship with my dealership. Btw you are a better man then I am. I'd also be in jail and if the dude that stole my car wasn't in a hospital, then he definitely would be there shortly after I found him. Good luck. Btw shouldn't your insurance act on your behalf and help you with a lawyer. Just a thought. Good luck......
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Old 12-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #81
RankSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
Why isn't the service writer in jail for grand theft auto?

Padre
This is probably the biggest mystery.
2010 Camaro SS RS, Maggie with 3.4" pulley, 60# injectors, ADM dual fuel pumps, ADM Stage 2 Cam with Brian Tooley springs and pushrods, black CAI intake, Stainless Works long tube headers w/gutted cats, ZL1 Diff w/offset bushings, Pfadt lowering springs, Pfadt sway bars, Pfadt solid sub frame mounts, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, Hurst short throw shifter, Painted on Hugger Orange stripes, Forgestar F14 Piano Black wheels, Nitto NT05 rubber.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #82
elarson5757
Obsessed and Loving It...

Drives: 2013 1LE-SS
As a business owner I can tell you this dealer could absolutely be held responsible for the actions of his employee who had off hours access to the facility. He should be going after the employee legally and criminally and the refusal to give info is absolutely what the dealer has been told to do by his legal representative.

You need to lawyer up fast. It won't cost you a thing because a lawyer will take this one and accept payment out of settlement if you desire. I strongly suggest you will get more than a new car out of this if your lawyer handles it well and it will never go to court as long and no one gets to greedy on your end. But you gotta do it fast. No more contact with the dealership or anything directly. Only thru a lawyer. All it takes is for you to sound like you said the wrong thing and it can go the hell on you fast.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:02 PM   #83
tjk_art

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk02 View Post
I'm going to guess the paper you signed to have the dealership service your car has some fine print on it somewhere stating they are not liable for any loss or damages to your vehicle while it's in their possession. That's probably why they're telling you it's not their problem.
Yep, that's probably the angle the dealership wants you to believe, but unfortunately for them, courts don't hold this up when the loss and damages are do to negligence such as this.

Same thing applies for those parking lots with signs up saying "Do not leave valuables in car! We are not responsible for lost or stolen items!" Well, if their employees were stealing them, they are.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #84
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...I only read the beginning of the first page and the deep end was already full. Talk it out with the dealership manager first. They will sit down with you and try to settle the issue to your satisfaction as best as they can since they are at fault. The regional rep may need to be called in as well. If in the end things are not amicable, then consult an outside source. But first I urge you hear to them out and try to work it out with them.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1