Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #71
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
I'm not trying to be "that guy" but I honestly don't like this package deal at all...

I hate tan interiors and dislike the bright wheels. Dusk is the time just before darkness and I feel like this should have been a 'stealthy' package. I like the color but dark gray accents with gun-metal (or equivalent) wheels would look sick on this thing.

Don't hate me for saying that, it's only my opinion.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #72
Camaro Fred
2012 ZL1 VIN 150

Drives: 1973 RS LT Camaro 4 Speed
Too bad they are painted rims. Tan interior with yellow stitching sounds like an odd color combination, I would have to see it before buying. Seems a little pricey for what you get.
Camaro Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:47 AM   #73
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpine View Post
Chevrolet really needs to let the customers do some mixin' and matchin' with all the new option packages. An available options list for a more personalized selection for a factory built camaro as opposed to a dealer built vehicle would be fun. I'm sure there are quiet a few people who wouldn't mind spending the money for more selection. For instance, a cross between this dusk and 1LE would be fun with some plus and minus stuff. Am I dreamin'?
Yes.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #74
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Rims on a Vert sans the stripes? Really, where is the great departure?
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:42 AM   #75
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
I'd rather pay $3500 for 1LE than pay $5995 for this package.
+1
Old 07-23-2012, 06:12 AM   #76
Butcher

Drives: '03 MY/MR Z06, '09 Sliver/Red G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingSnoopy48 View Post
That's way to much!!!! I can't see paying over 42k for a V6 convertible !! Or over 48k for a SS that's getting close to a ZL1!!! I'll take a ZL1 instead!! Lol

Are you serious? They are not close in price. How much do you think a convertable ZL1, with a few options, would cost? A comparable ZL1 will cost a minimum of $13,000 more than a Dusk Edition.

If you don't like the car, don't buy one. However, for everything you get with the package, the price is actually a deal.
Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #77
Peet

Drives: Chrysler Minivan?
I'm pretty sure I promised GM that if they built this, I'd buy one. Oops. Now what?
Peet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:07 AM   #78
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peet View Post
I'm pretty sure I promised GM that if they built this, I'd buy one. Oops. Now what?
Do eet! As the immortal Scarface said - there are two things I don't break, my balls and my word. Report back after you get it

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:00 AM   #79
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight

Drives: RS/2SS 6 speed manual
i dont like the painted wheels, for nearly 6,000 dollars u would think they would have an option for chrome or atleast some special coloring like on the wheel edge, and the rest is painted parts, thats an awful lot of money for that! i do like the color, i think its a great blue.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #80
Peet

Drives: Chrysler Minivan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
Do eet! As the immortal Scarface said - there are two things I don't break, my balls and my word. Report back after you get it
If Scarface says it, I have no choice!!
Peet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:21 AM   #81
Dusk 2SS

Drives: 2013 SS/RS A6 Dusk
Ordered the wife's 2013 Dusk 2SS. Can't wait for it to get here!

While at the dealership, they had a 2013 convertible 2LT/RS. I noticed it had paddle shifters. Is this a factory option?
Dusk 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:34 AM   #82
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Gotta say I initially was happy there would be a blue Camaro again. However after seeing the Corvette painted in the "Dusk Blue" color at C5F III I'm underwhelmed. Kept looking over at the very dark colored Corvette convertible and wondered why it was there. Was more than a bit surprised when I saw the sign on the windshield. In anything other than the most direct bright sushine at just the right angle I'd never look at this car and think "Blue" IMO. Just kind of drab. Was pretty taken back at the package price as well. I have to wonder how having the vendor make one addition bumper cover color plus them using a paint color they may already use in the plant, loading some yellow thread and stitching up the mojave leather instead of black, and painting wheels a different color would cost six grand more. I guess there are just some things about the automotive industry that I don't fully understand.
My practical side tells me that 3, 5 whatever years down the road when that Camaro is sitting on the used car lot right next to other non-dusk Camaros with the same/similar option content, somebody is going to be eating about six grand. I'd rather it not be me. Sorry Chevy, just how I see it.

Edit: OK well I did not realize that that the RS and ground effects were included so that's my fault, but I still don't think it's going to sell for thousands over the other used Camaros once it's on the used car lot.

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 09-21-2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: ignorance
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #83
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
You would think...
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:03 PM   #84
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
I'm missing something, 48 k for a 2ss maybe you better pass me the kool aid
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote