Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 10:45 PM   #1107
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
PQ, no one is talking about forcing the dealer to do anything ***as if Mr. Hooper is entitled to it***.
Maybe you need to go back and reread then. I'm talking about the posters in this thread. If the jury was people from this thread this dealer would absolutely be forced to buy a new car. But the courts will make the dealer pay for the value of the car or an equivalent car.

And I see you too recognize the 'Entitlement Nation' mood in this thread. I know exactly what it means. Without a dictionary I'm saying that Hooper being 'Entitled' meaning the dealer 'Owes' a new car. NOT that it would be unfair for him to accept. I'm only talking about a brand new car. People were saying that the dealer owes him a new car. NO. They owe him a comparable replacement.

I, too, think your scenarios are possibly accurate. But the fact that you intentionally did not add another possibility .... that they tried to find such a replacement and the internet slander came way too fast to be fair so this was blown up because they could not find one fast enough before they could be slandered .... is no surprise.

Hooper came out 4 days after being told about this and the day it was declared totaled with his post blasting the dealer. Hardly time for the dealer to do much. They HAD to wait for the insurance adjuster at least and they get that info and 10 minutes later they get blasted. Then it was pile on the dealer time. Go back and read from that point. Most businesses at that point would have assured a customer that they'd do anything and everything they could. And I seriously doubt the dealer looked at Mr. Hooper and said it's not their (dealers) problem. It was probably a foolish indifference that pissed Hooper off. Probably would me too.

One thing is for sure, the OP was ready to talk talk talk until his lawyer told him not to. The dealer stayed hush from the start. Dealer did not know where this internet ire was originated and if they found out they are smart enough to know the mob will crush them. And oh have they! We have ONE SIDE of a story and everyone is piling on. GM and Chevy takes a black eye because of the lynch mob attack.

And somehow you and everyone else doesn't see that. So, yes, it's the Entitled Nation mentality. I'll take your word for it that it comes from Fox News.

It's great that you worked on those projects. Big stuff. But again, someone elses money and risk. And the non-profit and exempt stuff is quite different. Customer satisfaction seems easy enough. But I'm sure you are well insured and that you can not prevent all things like this. Which was my point. The only opinion I gave about you was that you'd feel this same way even if this were a random unpreventable event. I believe that.

But I did not think that you agreed with the ones who believe that the dealer should be liable for a new car and so I guess you do. Which is what my comments are directly in response to.

Last edited by PQ; 01-12-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:51 PM   #1108
mrpyle

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS - Synergy Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
jhoop302 -

You have experienced all of our worst nightmares with what happened to you and your wife's ZL1 Camaro. Everyone here is shocked about your experience and want to do something to help ease the pain and get you excited about your next Camaro. We'd like to offer you a set of our ZL-Spec Front and Rear Adjustable Sway Bars for your next Camaro, free of charge. We hope you can put this behind you and fall in love with your next Camaro. Let us know when you have picked out your new vehicle and we will hook you up.

-take it easy

Kerry @ Pfadt

http://store.pfadtracing.com/2012-ca...ble-sway-bars/

Very cool!
Old 01-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #1109
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamin View Post
The dealer and their insurance should be covering this in a 100% fashion. period. The customer should be either receiving a check for the high value of the car or (at this point) a new replacement because this is ludicrous.
Agreed.

Last edited by PQ; 01-12-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:56 PM   #1110
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP'N B View Post
I've scanned a lot and I've read a lot, everyone keeps after the dealer, but they not saying much about the employee. He is still responsible for his actions, he drove the car outside of the scope of his employment, therefore he should have to pay restitution to the owner, he would probably have to be sued, but a court order garnishing his wages would be a good probability. If he has to go to court for his crime the judge should order restitution to the car owner.
Hey man, my phone battery died. Sorry. lol
Old 01-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #1111
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamin View Post
I registered just to dispute this post.

The dealer is 100% liable, because they were in possession of the car at the time of the theft. This is no different that if an employee damages a car while the shop is open. When you drop a car off at a repair facility, the facility is completely responsible for the vehicles well being until it is returned. This is why a walk-around is performed and all scratches/dings/damage is marked. The customer and service writer should sign the paper this way there is an agreed upon record of the car's condition before it is worked on. I was a service manager for many years and have unfortunately had to deal with bullshit idiot techs who damage cars. Just because the dealer was closed doesn't mean they aren't responsible for the car because at the time of the damage it was signed over to the dealer. What if a random person has broken into the dealer and stole the car? this is NO DIFFERENT.

The dealer and their insurance should be covering this in a 100% fashion. period. The customer should be either receiving a check for the high value of the car or (at this point) a new replacement because this is ludicrous.
You NEED to read ALL my posts regarding this....there are 4 of them. The one you refer to...if you comprehend is an alternative scenario the dealership has adopted in its position to rectify. The dealership has essentially absolved the criminality and responsibility of this matter. So, if you knew the totality of my posts and the totality of the dealers position, would you not have to register to refute a point I have already argued, and you've essentially agreed upon with my point.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 01-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #1112
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
You NEED to read ALL my posts regarding this....there are 4 of them. The one you refer to...if you comprehend is an alternative scenario the dealership has adopted in its position to rectify. The dealership has essentially absolved the criminality and responsibility of this matter. So, if you knew the totality of my posts and the totality of the dealers position, would you not have to register to refute a point I have already argued, and you've essentially agreed upon with my point.
My agreement with the post was for his last line. lol
Old 01-12-2014, 11:33 PM   #1113
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
Would you agree and noticed that it was a man who worked there who wrecked the car and did so through shady means, off shift and thought nothing of it at the time. Hey everyone does it here why can't I mentality.
Now after the fact, the management is acting in the same shady manner?
It's reasonable to think that unprofessionalism permeates this franchise from top to bottom.
The dealerships lack of code of conduct may have an influence on the whole group.
Karma.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:18 AM   #1114
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre View Post
The dealer may be "forced" to buy him a new car. Not because he or anyone thinks he is "entitled" to it, but because it is the right thing to do. No laws will be broken or written when he gets it, and Western Civilization will not come to an end. Your hang up seems to be on this view that we have become a nation of "takers". No one is arguing from that perspective - it's a pet peeve of yours that you have read into people's responses. We call that "eisegesis": "the process of interpreting a text or portion of text in such a way that it introduces one's own presuppositions, agendas, or biases into and onto the text."

That is your opinion. Most people disagree with it, but not because of the reasons you attribute to them. Mr. Hooper has every right to say what will make him "whole" or not. We have every right to express our opinion on that as well. He has never said, "I want a new 2014." Nor have I.

Now your bias truly shows. He's "blasting" the dealer? I think we've done plenty of that, and rightly so, but he has been remarkably restrained. and you think he's the bad guy? Yeah yeah yeah, you qualify it, but the above words are yours and show your true colors.

Poor poor dealer!

Attachment 590260

Why do you make this personal? Are you at risk of losing your career and freedom because of one *unfounded* accusation? Can you imagine the "risk management" steps I have had to take for 20 years to prevent that? Being a nice guy and doing the right thing isn't enough. It's something I have to be scrupulous about *every day*. Not to mention that I have to carry one million in personal liability because they see me and look past me to the deep pockets they imagine are behind me. And never mind the more important matter, that I've got to protect the 1500+ kids in our Sunday School from the predators that are out there. It's a responsibility I take dead serious and you dismiss it as "easy enough"? "Someone elses money and risk?" The gall!

All the dealer had to do was take a few common sense precautions and not be a dick, then none of this would have come his way.

Padre
Well then you have not read this thread. People have ABSOLUTELY said the this dealer OWES the OP and BRAND NEW 2014 ZL1.

How can you not see that?

It is to those posts I speak. YES, that is entitlement mentality. The car was 2 years old and had 10k miles on it.

I have only said that the dealers liability is not for a brand new car and you argue. I don't see it as a stretch that you think he does. Why else would this bother you?

Remarkably restrained? His lawyer told him to be quiet. Remarkably restrained would be the dealer here. Duh..... He was quite vocal til a lawyer told him not to be.

Don't create a false attack from me. Someone elses money and risk was clearly made toward your project with the jet building. Nobody is attacking your ministry. Sheesh. .... I said already that my ONLY point in that was made. I did not ask you to pull out your measuring stick. It was a hypothetical.

Quote:
If you think you can prevent these things from happening all together then you've never owned a real business. Not for any amount of time anyway.
So you HAVE and so point was made with your detailed confirmation. You do in fact realize you can't prevent everything. Not sure why the need for your Resume.

Go back and read the OP. He accused the dealer of speaking with his attorneys before calling about his car. The accident happens Sunday. They were called first thing the next day as soon as business was open. And that's because they made sure they talked to their attorneys? So this guy is already making assumptions and posting as such to create a picture. I'd bet that being Sunday afternoon by the time they got it cleaned up and back to the dealer with the owner notified and all it was Sunday evening and time to put it to bed til first thing the business day. You think they called their LAWYER Sunday afternoon? Or at 7am Monday morning? I doubt it. Insurance? Maybe.

And yes it was the OP that brought up the new ZL1. In the OP. THAT is what he wanted from the beginning. Does he deserve it? Not for us to say. But a 2 year old car with 10k miles on it is quite a bit less than a brand new one. No matter how it's been taken care of.

But that is exactly what people are vilifying this dealership for. Not immediately buying this guy a new car. Go back and read.

I said all along the dealer is responsible and owes this guy a comparable car or the value to be whole.

Curious though. Why are you and so many assuming the dealership is so evil here? Are you privy to the inside information?
Old 01-13-2014, 12:42 AM   #1115
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Why are you and so many assuming the dealership is so evil here? Are you privy to the inside information?
I'm privy to common sense.

Good night PQ.

Padre

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Old 01-13-2014, 01:05 AM   #1116
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
Btw Delaware has no sales tax.....
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Old 01-13-2014, 01:13 AM   #1117
Kevins89notch

Drives: Mustang
1320videos, link: https://www.facebook.com/1320Videos just shared a link to Japolnik's article about this. 1320videos has over 1.3 million FB followers. In 25 minutes is already has almost 1,000 likes and 200 comments.

No one in the car world can NOT know about this story now.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:26 AM   #1118
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevins89notch View Post
1320videos, link: https://www.facebook.com/1320Videos just shared a link to Japolnik's article about this. 1320videos has over 1.3 million FB followers. In 25 minutes is already has almost 1,000 likes and 200 comments.

No one in the car world can NOT know about this story now.
I sure hope the facts are all accurate here.

Dealer wrecks car.
Car is 2 years old with 10k miles.
Customer wants brand new car.
Dealer tries to find comparable car.
Lynch mob wants brand new car.
Dealer gets trampled.

Damn.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:43 AM   #1119
Kevins89notch

Drives: Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I sure hope the facts are all accurate here.

Dealer wrecks car.
Car is 2 years old with 10k miles.
Dealership says it's not their problem since the car was stolen.
Customer wants fair replacement
Dealer offers a car with more miles, unwanted options and it's been wrecked.
Lynch mob feels owner should get a new ZL1 at this point.
Dealer gets trampled.

Damn.
I fixed that for you since you had it wrong.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:52 AM   #1120
PQ
Booooosted.

There are two sides to every story.

I do not just believe anything I hear. May very well be true but you do not know. Neither do I.

What I do know is a guy who had his car stolen and trashed wants one that is worth 15k more than his.

I hope he get's it. But I hope this dealer has been outlandishly callous and shitty as they have been made out to be.

Closed Thread

Tags
1st state chevrolet, stealership, stolen, totaled, wrecked, zl1