Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #1
bojangles37

Drives: 2010 blk ss
JBA VS. SLP

give your opinions on the full jba system against the full slp lmII system.

Which one has the worst drone or if any at all?
bojangles37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
Kiowa88
Out Front!

Drives: OH-58D (R)
I've had my JBA 3" system for the past month now along with their high flow cats and 1-7/8 headers. It drones like a mofo around 1600 rpms. With that said I love how it sounds at idle and wide open.
Kiowa88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
itsorange

Drives: 2010 CamaroSS2
I can vouch for the JBA's I have their full competition system and yes on a stock setup it will drone at 70 mph in top gear on a M6.

With that said... I will take the drone ANYDAY for the incredible sound at idle and wide open, there is nothing like it and I spent a long time researching different exhaust notes. I am uploading a video now to show the drone at crusing speeds. I will make a new thread with it in a few mins
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
itsorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
LS3SuperSport
HotRod

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Black/IO Int.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsorange View Post
I can vouch for the JBA's I have their full competition system and yes on a stock setup it will drone at 70 mph in top gear on a M6.

With that said... I will take the drone ANYDAY for the incredible sound at idle and wide open, there is nothing like it and I spent a long time researching different exhaust notes. I am uploading a video now to show the drone at crusing speeds. I will make a new thread with it in a few mins

I have the JBA cat back and looking into getting the LT's and catless mids... not many vids of this setup out there besides the JBA website one...

when in drone, down shift
LS3SuperSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #5
itsorange

Drives: 2010 CamaroSS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3SuperSport View Post

when in drone, down shift

Amen brother lol. I know there are not a lot of video's so me and a friend went out the first break on the bad weather and made a incredible video of EVERYTHING from start to incar to fly-by.

I tried to get the drone to show up on the mic but it doesn't work because the effect of the drone is on the human hear only and the mic has a different drone freq. But you still get a feel of how its going to sound driving around town.

the thing I like best about the JBA system is it has the ability to be quiet if you need it to, you just drive in 6th gear everywhere
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood
itsorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #6
LS3SuperSport
HotRod

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Black/IO Int.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsorange View Post
Amen brother lol. I know there are not a lot of video's so me and a friend went out the first break on the bad weather and made a incredible video of EVERYTHING from start to incar to fly-by.

I tried to get the drone to show up on the mic but it doesn't work because the effect of the drone is on the human hear only and the mic has a different drone freq. But you still get a feel of how its going to sound driving around town.

the thing I like best about the JBA system is it has the ability to be quiet if you need it to, you just drive in 6th gear everywhere
I've been waiting for this since .... well a long time lol
Love the sound of JBA i will get vids up once the car comes out from storage
LS3SuperSport is offline   Reply With Quote