Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-20-2014, 01:50 PM   #29
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
At least you're fine and walked away without a scratch. Save up and enjoy the gen 6. You going to have a proper burial for the car 😊
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 03:01 PM   #30
nickswe
A Swede lost in Texas

Drives: Camaro ZL1 2014 Black M6
Glad you're OK!

But how did it happen? Did you get hydroplaning or what happened?

Currently driving a 2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
nickswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #31
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlingSS View Post
I am glad you are OK.

Bill
Thanks Bill.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #32
revychevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickswe View Post
Glad you're OK!

But how did it happen? Did you get hydroplaning or what happened?
My own dumb fault. We had expenses (medical bills and such). So I put off buying new tires. I was running Nitto on all four corners and the rear were 315's. It was raining and slick and the highway had poor drainage-- I hit a big puddle, the back tires broke loose and I went sideways down the highway, bounced off a concrete wall, spun 360 smacking the wall a few more times, ( never run out of talent and grip at the same time! Lol)

I regained control and pulled to the side (it still actually drove!) miraculously avoiding oncoming traffic.

That's my sordid tale.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:00 PM   #33
nickswe
A Swede lost in Texas

Drives: Camaro ZL1 2014 Black M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
My own dumb fault. We had expenses (medical bills and such). So I put off buying new tires. I was running Nitto on all four corners and the rear were 315's. It was raining and slick and the highway had poor drainage-- I hit a big puddle, the back tires broke loose and I went sideways down the highway, bounced off a concrete wall, spun 360 smacking the wall a few more times, ( never run out of talent and grip at the same time! Lol)

I regained control and pulled to the side (it still actually drove!) miraculously avoiding oncoming traffic.

That's my sordid tale.
Ouch man! That could have ended so much worse! Good job getting the control back! Once again, glad you're OK!

Currently driving a 2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe.
nickswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 10:54 PM   #34
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Very glad you are o.k. and sorry to hear that your Camaro is totaled. What I would like to know is what insurance company do you have? I do find it hard to believe that you had an accident, informed your insurance company, they decide it is totaled and pay you for it all in the same day! That is some fantastic customer service.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #35
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Airbags, also if the frame is bent they will total it. The frame pullers and straighteners are very good these days but the labor and liability if the car starts going sideways down the road is not worth it. Also, yes you recived an excellent payout for a 2010 ss. 2010s go for about 20-22k at the auction.
So many incorrect statements here, first its a unibody, second there are replacement rails, so even if they are destroyed, they can be repaired. frames are meant to be repaired that's why manufacturers offer frame ends for repair and frame machines can set a frames dimensions to a more exact dimension than they come from the factory. We used to check new frames on a frame replacement and had to correct some before we would use it.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:19 PM   #36
revychevy

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIN R G View Post
Very glad you are o.k. and sorry to hear that your Camaro is totaled. What I would like to know is what insurance company do you have? I do find it hard to believe that you had an accident, informed your insurance company, they decide it is totaled and pay you for it all in the same day! That is some fantastic customer service.
I never said it was the same day! Where did you read that?! I crashed about three weeks ago. I just got the settlement days ago.

What is with the hard to believe? I'm not making it up, and YES they actually did have good customer service.

I have liberty mutual insurance. They did a fine job. I don't really know the ins and outs of insurance business, and I didn't post to argue about how they arrive at their conclusions.

They towed my car. They looked at it. They used whatever inspection criteria they use on it. They sent me a letter, and called saying the car was totalled. They cut me a check.

The check cleared. That's what happened.

I'm alive, and got a good price on my 2010 Camaro.
Don't care about the rest.
Old 09-21-2014, 12:21 AM   #37
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Sorry to hear about the crash OP, glad your alright! On the bright side you have the rare opportunity to pick the perfect camaro all over again. Like you said, wait till you see the new alpha and decide what you want. Personally I can myself in a 2013 Summit White SS LE. In my opinion it's the perfect year (before the refresh but with MyLink) and the perfect blend of performance for the price. Take your time and find something that can make you even happier.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:22 AM   #38
AdamEL
Adam E. Lucchesi

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS LS3 VR
Send a message via AIM to AdamEL
Just glad you're okay... Sorry for your loss. I'd be devastated. :(
AdamEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #39
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:
I never said it was the same day! Where did you read that?! I crashed about three weeks ago. I just got the settlement days ago.

What is with the hard to believe? I'm not making it up, and YES they actually did have good customer service.

I have liberty mutual insurance. They did a fine job. I don't really know the ins and outs of insurance business, and I didn't post to argue about how they arrive at their conclusions.

They towed my car. They looked at it. They used whatever inspection criteria they use on it. They sent me a letter, and called saying the car was totalled. They cut me a check.

The check cleared. That's what happened.

I'm alive, and got a good price on my 2010 Camaro.
Don't care about the rest.
My bad, reading this and seeing the days and time it was posted made me think you were saying it all happened the same day. So my post was a big on my part. Again, glad your o.k.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:44 PM   #40
SSeniorMoment

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6 IOM
Quote:
I loved that car though... It was my war car !

My wife got me the SS when I was in Afghanistan! Drove it across the country on Route 66 when I got back.
Thank you for your service and welcome home, good to hear everything is okay.

Speaking about Route 66, here's a pic;

SSeniorMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:35 AM   #41
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Glad to hear you are OK and all the safety built into your Camaro saved you, says alot about our cars. Really surprised to see the insurance company totaled it but, I am not schooled on what's involved in that process.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:47 AM   #42
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Looks fixable. You're alright, that's all that matters.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote