Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
RatedZ

Drives: Camaro SS
Poor Salesman - Funny Story

My wife and I went to a local car show here in Central Florida on Saturday. She drive her '13 2SS/RS and I took my '98 Z/28. Shortly after we got there, I was going around the cars and doing some prep and detailing on the cars when this guy approached us and asked if I was interested in a heritage grill and some other aftermarket parts for the '13.

I really wasn't so out of curiosity I asked what he was looking to get for it and why he was selling it. He said that he had a victory red Camaro but got rid of it and had some parts he took off and wanted to sell. Ok, no problem, as I would of done the same so I asked if he got a '13 Camaro. He said he hated his Camaro and traded it in for a Challenger.

He then goes into a long winded discussion on how bad the Camaro's are, ripping them apart on the styling, interior, features, handing, power.... you name it. He even said his wife hated it and is so much happier with the Challenger and also ripped on the Camaro (keep in mind I have 2 in front of me I'm cleaning so I started to laugh).

He just kept going and going so my wife stepped in and said that the '13 is her car and she loves it and no way would she be interested in any parts from anyone who sits there and tries to justify in his head selling it because he was forced by their spouse. I stopped her short before she told him to go f himself and said I'm cool with the grill I have and thanks...

So the moral of the story is if you have parts to sell, never rip on the car in front of the owner you are trying to sell parts to. He may be sitting on those parts for a while
Attached Images

RatedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #2
suplex

Drives: 2011 Coupe, 1LT, A6, No RS Package.
Your wife is awesome! Yeah, he won't be selling those parts anytime soon.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
2012TES-Anni

Drives: 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS
Wiregrass, was awsome....TampabayCamaros were in the house....!!
2012TES-Anni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjla67 View Post
My wife and I went to a local car show here in Central Florida on Saturday. She drive her '13 2SS/RS and I took my '98 Z/28. Shortly after we got there, I was going around the cars and doing some prep and detailing on the cars when this guy approached us and asked if I was interested in a heritage grill and some other aftermarket parts for the '13.

I really wasn't so out of curiosity I asked what he was looking to get for it and why he was selling it. He said that he had a victory red Camaro but got rid of it and had some parts he took off and wanted to sell. Ok, no problem, as I would of done the same so I asked if he got a '13 Camaro. He said he hated his Camaro and traded it in for a Challenger.

He then goes into a long winded discussion on how bad the Camaro's are, ripping them apart on the styling, interior, features, handing, power.... you name it. He even said his wife hated it and is so much happier with the Challenger and also ripped on the Camaro (keep in mind I have 2 in front of me I'm cleaning so I started to laugh).

He just kept going and going so my wife stepped in and said that the '13 is her car and she loves it and no way would she be interested in any parts from anyone who sits there and tries to justify in his head selling it because he was forced by their spouse. I stopped her short before she told him to go f himself and said I'm cool with the grill I have and thanks...

So the moral of the story is if you have parts to sell, never rip on the car in front of the owner you are trying to sell parts to. He may be sitting on those parts for a while
Hmmm. Camaro for a Challenger??? Some of you enthusiasts should have been present to explain exactly what a bad decision that was .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #5
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Should have let the wife continue to rip him a new one - that certainly would have smartened him up a bit on the finer points of salesmanship.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:48 AM   #6
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Funny stuff. I think your wife was spot on he was forced to sell it because he was told to.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Some folks have zero common sense.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #8
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
That guy had an axe to grind. There is NO WAY a stock Challenger is that much better. And he lost me with the 'Handling and Power'. lmmfao.............

The Challenger is an awesome car but unless he put some serious suspension on it then he's smoking crack.

Or just whipped and trying to live with that fact. lol
Old 04-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
Some folks have zero common sense.
...and THAT guy has zero common sense, and NO Camaro (just a heritage grille to remind him of better days!).
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #10
Carls2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS M6
Well, I'm guessing he did NOT spend a night at the
Holiday-Inn Express
Old 04-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #11
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hmmm. Camaro for a Challenger??? Some of you enthusiasts should have been present to explain exactly what a bad decision that was .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
And why was it a bad decision Chevrolet Customer Care? Spit it out!!!!
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #12
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
That guy had an axe to grind. There is NO WAY a stock Challenger is that much better. And he lost me with the 'Handling and Power'. lmmfao.............

The Challenger is an awesome car but unless he put some serious suspension on it then he's smoking crack.

Or just whipped and trying to live with that fact. lol

He may of had this model
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #13
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
That's funny. I would have stopped him in the middle of his story and said "so if the Camaro is that bad then I guess you must be giving away the parts for it, if not I will give you $25 if that will make you shut up, otherwise do me a favor and leave". I normally don't tolerate people like that and I either turn into a wise a$$ or walk away and I normally don't walk away at first. LOL.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #14
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Just wanted to say that's an awesome photo of your 2 Camaros.