Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 10-10-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
hollywoodjose

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT
Anyone know a place in WA to get a paint job?

Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has ever had their entire car painted, and if so did they do a good job, and if so where was it? I really want to find a good one so i thought i'd start asking everyone here first..
hollywoodjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
chevyss
SS/RS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/blk stripes A6
Why would you want to paint your car??
chevyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyss View Post
Why would you want to paint your car??

But, if ya gotta. I recommend Rainier Collision in Gig Harbor. They have worked on a couple of my cars and do good work. The Beast is going there Monday for some rock chip repair and a good buffin.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
Resurrection Autobody and Paint 360-878-1523 Shawn Patrick

Name:  New Paint 004.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  115.0 KB

Name:  New Paint 006.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  141.3 KB

Name:  no lic plate.JPG
Views: 346
Size:  65.3 KB

Also painted this car

Name:  Camarofinished010.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  298.3 KB

Yes he can paint a whole car, yes he does great work, and located in Tumwater near Olympia.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
hollywoodjose

Thankyou everyone that's responded so far. I'm thinking about painting my car a different color. Even though I try to keep it clean and have it garaged it still is not good as new and it's only been five months. I may just be too picky or maybe I need to pay someone to clean it thorughly and try to keep it up from then on. But it bums me to see it how it is. Today I washed it and I was so frusterated that I was wishing I could torch it and get a different color. But it will be a while til I can get it painted so I don't know what to do at this point
Old 10-10-2009, 09:58 PM   #6
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

?????????????????

Your car will never be new, I can understand wanting to keep it looking good, but once it leaves the factory it will always have some imperfection. You can make it a trailer queen, but will never fully enjoy the car. Mine has a few rock chips and such from being driven an that to me just adds character to the car. I would go broke and die far to young if I stressed over this. I know some who trailer cars with one million plus sunk into them and I can tell you that it's not worth it IMO. The day you signed the dotted line your car was devalued, so get the lead out. The first scuff is the worst. Kinda like kids you worry your A off at first then just end up going with the flow once you understand the stress is far worse then any scuff. To sum it up enjoy your car and make it new once or if it becomes a classic, but follow rule # one enjoy your car. Take it to someone you can trust and rub it out the shine will come back, but over time so will the swirl marks. I have a dark grey almost black truck and feel your pain. The hardest color buy far to keep scuff free.

Last edited by GrnMchin; 10-11-2009 at 08:53 AM.
GrnMchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:04 PM   #7
hollywoodjose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrnMchin View Post
?????????????????

Your car will never be new, I can understand wanting to keep it looking good, but once it leaves the factory it will always have some imperfection. You can make it a trailer queen, but will never fully enjoy the car. Mine has a few rock chips and such from being driven an that to me just adds character to the car. I would go broke and die far to young if I stressed over this. I know some who trailer cars with one million plus sunk into them and I can tell you that it's not worth it IMO. The day you signed the dotted line your car was devalued, so get the lead out. The first scuff is the worst. Kinda like kids you worry your A off at first then just end up going with the flow once you understand the stress is far worse then any scuff. To sum it up enjoy your car and make it new once or if it becomes a classic, but follow rule # one enjoy your car. Take it to someone you can trust and rub it out the shine will come back, but over time so will the swirl marks. I have a dark grey almost black truck and feel your pain. The hardest color buy far to keep scuff free.
thank you you're right I decided to drive it yesterday and just had fun with it. I just know you see cars that look so perfect even after having some miles on them and mine looks kinda bad already. Oh well though in a few years when it's paid off I can maybe paint it then
Old 10-12-2009, 07:16 PM   #8
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodjose View Post
thank you you're right I decided to drive it yesterday and just had fun with it. I just know you see cars that look so perfect even after having some miles on them and mine looks kinda bad already. Oh well though in a few years when it's paid off I can maybe paint it then

There are some things you can do to keep the shine and they go long way towards keeping the scuffs down. Microfiber towels that only touch you car once clean, wash them with mild soap to keep them clean, if you have swirls it's not the end of the word they can be buffed out just make sure the person on the buffer has ton's of experience. Shawn the guy I talked about is going to add some more fine detail to the car and is also wet sandind and reclearing the car to get out all the factory orange peel. If you need someone that can rub out the car he would be more then willing to he also can give you some tips to keep it looking good. I know when I'm at a car shown I give more credit to the guy who drives his car over the ones who don't. I hope you get tons of enjoyment out of your car.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #9
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Just got mine back from Rainier Collision. The rock chip repair came out great and the total buff job on the car looks incredible. If you need these services I highly recommend them.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:12 AM   #10
Christiancoach

Drives: 2008 Holden Commodore SSV
If you are still looking, I can HIGHLY recommend Aldercrest Auto Rebuild in :Lynnwood. They are a certified Mercedes and Lexus body shop. Nick the owner has gone so far above and beyond anything I would have ever expected from a body shop. He did my front end conversion, my spoiler and a ton of little stuff for me. He also did a good buddy of mine full HSV GTS conversion in Panther Black Metallic and it is perfect.
Tell Nick that Tony with the Holden sent you.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:16 AM   #11
chevyss
SS/RS

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM w/blk stripes A6
Joey;

Still think that you should call Donny at Coachman Auto Body in Walla Walla. They are great. You've seen my car and they do outstanding work. I agree that black is a bi1ch to keep clean. I've had a few and it takes constant work to keep them nice. There is a tread on cosmetic care for cars and there is a bunch of information on how to keep you car nice.
chevyss is offline   Reply With Quote