Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

View Poll Results: Which orange color would you rather be able to order on the Camaro.
Hugger Orange 98 61.25%
Inferno Orange Mettalic 44 27.50%
I like them both exactly the same 18 11.25%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #43
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by swifttal View Post
No doubt there's orange in there, but that makes it a color changing red. The color is gorgeous, no denying it. And if I wanted red on my car, I would pick this over victory red or the jewel tint. However, I personally don't think red looks right on this car - and that's coming from someone who currently owns a red 91 z28, a red 05 victory hammer, and a red 91 bmw 525i (for sale btw). Huge fan of red - die hard Ferrari nut... it just doesn't look right on the 5th gen for some reason, I don't know what it is... something about it cheapens the look
Same here, I own a Red Mustang and I will not get IOM as it looks to be quite honest RED more than it does orange in whatever light you choose.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:19 PM   #44
swifttal

Drives: '91 Z-28
This angle actually makes it look ok

swifttal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:59 PM   #45
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Even if GM wanted to change the colour, wouldnt it be too late?,im sure the applique/light pipe can be painted the hugger orange i guess, anyone who saw the iom interior accent package in person, is the leather orangey-red?, or just orange, like would it look matching if they combined with hugger orange mettalic? (honestly asking) Personally i love the IOM, but i know i would love the covertible orange more, but im still very happy with my order, IOM!...i would be really pissed if they did a flip the next year and went hugger orange mettalic...definitly pissed
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:41 AM   #46
GEARHEAD

Drives: 2004 Grand Prix GTP Comp G
Just an FYI...the photo below is IOM according to fbodfather, which blows my mind. How can it look so amazing in that light and so red in other photos? I was going to post this in the other threads where we were discussing this but they're closed for some reason.

GEARHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:49 AM   #47
Supermans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARHEAD View Post
Just an FYI...the photo below is IOM according to fbodfather, which blows my mind. How can it look so amazing in that light and so red in other photos? I was going to post this in the other threads where we were discussing this but they're closed for some reason.

If it is IOM, it must be under extreme heavy artificial lighting because that does not look at all like IOM at all. And if you like the way it looks in the picture, the color it resembles the most is hugger orange.. IOM is metallic and reddish looking and what is in the picture is flat so that is strike 2 against it being IOM. Until Scott personally vouches for that statement in this thread and explains why the color looks so different in person vs this picture (photo-shopping, lighting, etc), I won't believe it. And I'm quite sure if you were to ask Scott what the color in the pictures of the cutaway posted here more closely resembles, he would say either hugger or tangier orange.

Last edited by Supermans; 11-13-2008 at 06:33 AM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:53 AM   #48
christianjax

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Quote:

THAT's IOM??? I find that hard to believe. Not saying your lying, or that Scott was smoking crack or anything. But the first pics we saw of IOM were taken inside under similar lighting and it didnt' look ANYTHING like that. IOM needs good light to show its orange.
christianjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 11:26 AM   #49
GEARHEAD

I sent him a PM, and here is his reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARHEAD
Hello fbodfather,

Thanks for all of the info you provide. I am dying to know what the color on the cutaway Camaro is called. Do you happen to know? That is the orange that we were all envisioning on our Camaro's and I will do anything to get that color. If there is no possibility of Chevy adding that bright orange color to their lineup I will have mine painted that color, but it has already been stated by a few that we will gladly pay extra for that color if we need to. Thanks in advance.

Inferno Orange Metallic - -the color we're offering!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:38 AM   #50
GEARHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I'm quite sure if you were to ask Scott what the color in the pictures of the cutaway posted here more closely resembles, he would say either hugger or tangier orange.
As I already stated he did verify that it was IOM, and I doubt he would lie.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:48 AM   #51
Supermans

Quote:
As I already stated he did verify that it was IOM, and I doubt he would lie.
Well I'll be damned..

Scott,

Is the IOM in the cutaway a good representation of what the IOM we will be getting on the Camaro is? Because the IOM on the Solstice and Hummer I've seen looks very different. More red. This looks like it isn't metallic and more like hugger or tangier orange than IOM.

Last edited by Supermans; 11-13-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 12:03 PM   #52
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Quote:
I sent him a PM, and here is his reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARHEAD
Hello fbodfather,

Thanks for all of the info you provide. I am dying to know what the color on the cutaway Camaro is called. Do you happen to know? That is the orange that we were all envisioning on our Camaro's and I will do anything to get that color. If there is no possibility of Chevy adding that bright orange color to their lineup I will have mine painted that color, but it has already been stated by a few that we will gladly pay extra for that color if we need to. Thanks in advance.

Inferno Orange Metallic - -the color we're offering!
THAT is incredible news! I am SO happy to know he confirmed this color as IOM
Old 11-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #53
lakestar

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Color on computer photos can be a tricky thing since it is dependent on original lighting, camera quality; camera settings; file format, compression, and settings; monitor quality; and monitor settings.

That being said, after looking at these and other posts and photos on the site, it appears to me that the Camaro team is playing with IOM and it will not be the same IOM we are seeing on the Hummer and Solstice. It will be more orange and less red. We can only hope.
Black Hood and Hockey Stripes
Polished Aluminum Wheels
Orange Engine Cover
lakestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #54
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
My Fuji camera tends to make red cars orange. I have came home from many a car show and said.."I don't remember that car being orange?".
Old 11-13-2008, 06:14 PM   #55
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
i would have bought hugger orange if they made it.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 06:26 PM   #56
Sharpe

Drives: White/White '99 Z28 M6 Y3F
The only reason I'm not on the new Camaro boat until the second year is due to colors.

My first choice was white with victory red stripes and victory red interior. Then, I learned that they aren't offering white in the first run. And then, I learned they are not offering the victory red interior anymore.

So, my second choice was orange with white stripes and white leather (like the interior in the 'vert concept). I was still willing to order an orange '10 car. However, I saw the orange being offered on my computer screen and I said, "That's it. I'm out. No new Camaro for me this time around."

This cutaway color, as it appears on my computer screen, is awesome. I'm very disappointed that I can't get white leather with it, but I think I still would have gone for it, but there's too much confusion. I just don't know how it will really look.

So, I'm waiting. GM lost me as a first-run buyer (not that they care) over colors, and all I'm really interested in is the LS3. But, if I can't have my first or second choice, I'm not paying premium for a new car.

Here's hoping I can get a white/red stripe/red OR white leather car or an orange/white stripe/white leather car in '11. As it stands with me now, those are the only color combos that I will order new. Those are good combos that I think they should offer.
Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote