Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-21-2007, 02:53 AM   #57
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
In SC?

I wish. back in IL where I grew up, id take the 78 out in the fields when it rained and did the same thing. lol
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #58
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I like it.

Check this out. I DID NOT MAKE IT:

I definitely like your idea better - they're close, but still different.
Yeah, I knew as I was writing it that there was no way that idea hadn't been done many times before. I didn't suspect it'd been done for this car already though!

Other than all the talking in the intro and the camera jerk right at the end, that's a great commercial.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #59
Pencil.Fight

Here's one they can use to appeal to a different demographic.

A bunch of obviously bored students are sitting in a class (ESL for the Hispanic/Asian demographic, High School for the teen demographic, or college for the 18-30 demographic). A really boring instructor (think Ben Stein) is holding up objects and identifying them. He holds up a Camera and says in a dull voice "Camera", some goofy actor, like Carrot Top or something, walks in looking really corny, "Cameo". The students are still looking really bored, and the teacher looks like he's boring himself.

Suddenly one student looks up like he hears something interesting. The sound of the Camaro racing starts to fade in like it's getting closer. As it gets louder, more and more of the students start to perk up. The Camaro comes crashing through the wall (hitting Carrot Top), obviously undamaged, and everyone gets all excited.

...Then the teacher turns into the red Kool-Aid guy, says "Oh Yeah!" and drives away in the car.

No, just kidding, I don't know how to end it. Now that I think about it, it kind of sounds like something out of the 80's. Let's just forget about this one.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:04 PM   #60
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Since GM has rights to the old commercial w/ the TA eating the (what kind of car was that at the light???...a porche?) at the stoplight, why not elaborate on that? I don't know if ya'll will remember it, but there's a porsche or something sitting at a stoplight, a black TA pulls up behind (it's night and the streets are wet. It's at a 4 way intersection in town at a red light). The TA revs it's engine a couple of times and next thing you see, the light turns green. The TA is long gone and the car in front is in peices.

Elaborate on that with the Camaro. But, this time, show an extra angle. Show the Camaro sitting on the side street. Have the camara at the front right quarter panel (only viewing the quarter panel) with the other car and TA behind it at an angle. Show what happens at the light from this angle. Then, as the TA rips through the car (or eats it), have the Camaro start up, revs its engine, take off (camera stays in place), Camaro passes in front of the camera as it zooms out, and the Camaro makes a right turn peeling out after the TA. *insert slogan here*.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:18 PM   #61
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
"we're baaaack..."

Pencil fight, I love that idea...But, instead of crashing through the wall...have it screech up to the building. Rev, and ALL the students come out of the building (16-18yr olds since it's a highschool) to watch a little first grader crawl into the passenger seat. Her mother - driving - looks sideways at the crowd gathered outside, and Races away.

That'll appeal to both the Young-buyer demo, as well as the whole - "this can be a family car"
Old 09-21-2007, 01:25 PM   #62
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
previous trans am commercials for those who havent seen them

http://youtube.com/watch?v=edz4ZkyfF...elated&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cZeSMsafbjQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xODy89tomwg
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:43 PM   #63
Pencil.Fight

I like the one where the traffic light blows up. that one was pretty cool. The second one went on too long with nothing happening in the beginning.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:20 PM   #64
Mr. Wyndham

Those are All AWESOME!!! IO hadn't seen any of them before
Old 12-08-2007, 10:17 PM   #65
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
Ideas for the Camaro Comercial

I was thinking about how GM will advertise the new Camaro and I had a couple ideas:
1: A full moon looms over an old farm. Inside the horses are relaxed and content. They look at the door and start to become distressed. The barn door opens and all you hear is the roar of a (hopefully LS powered) Camaro. The horses go into complete panic whining and kicking. The words come up "The all new Camaro-The legend is returns"
2: A new Mustang sits alone at a stop light on a dark night with a male driver and a female passenger. The windows are up but you can see that they are talking. A new Camaro pulls up next to them with the V-8 rumbling. The girl smiles at the Camaro driver just as the light turns green and the Camaro smokes the tires and leaves the Mustang sitting there. The words come up, "Camaro...The orignal heartbeat".
This was just a couple of ideas that I had. I'd love to hear what you thik and your ideas.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:52 PM   #66
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
1) To me the camaro commercial should not have any references (at all) to anyone else's musclecar in it. (it would suggest camaro has an inferiority complex.)

2) Unfortunately, dodge already made a commercial where a new Challenger pulls up side by side with an older Challenger. (so it will look like Camaro copied it, if they do something similar). I was going to suggest this idea with the camaro.

3) A good idea for the Camaro would be for the Camaro to just pull up to a stop sign. then Pull away. When it pulls away they show everyone's face with their mouth open looking stunned or in total shock (total silence). Like they just saw a UFO, but it's the Camaro.

IN fact if there are any smokers who see the Camaro drive by, they could show a cigarette in their mouth, but their mouth is open and the lit cigarette stays attached to their bottom lip while the mouth is open. that would be funny. This commercially is exactly what is going to happen when the real car hits the streets. People will soil their underpants.

The end of the commercial just shows the back of the Camaro casually driving away (Casual, as if it has nothing to prove. It just exists.)
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 10:56 PM   #67
Mr. Wyndham

Do you remember the Saturn Commercials after the brand-wide "redesign", and the Sky came out?

"That's a Saturn!?!" <= That's what your commercial idea reminded me of, ragtop.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:00 AM   #68
Justin
Camaro5's Cell Phone Geek

Drives: '02 V6 Camaro. 5 speed manual.
I had an idea where they start out with Van Halen's Right Now playing and something along the lines of "In 1967 a legend was born."

Then in black and white show someone in a trench coat opening a slightly out of focus car door, and getting in, but not really letting you see the car yet.

Then on the first bom thingy, the door closes.

Second it cuts to the front of the car, and the lights turn on, overexposing the shot and preventing you from seeing what the car is.

Third they drop down and show a wheel.

Fourth the convertible top clicks down (you know, that last inch)

Fifth you're in the car and the driver lowers the steering wheel.

Sixth the engine starts.

Then when it picks up a sexy launch (and it turns to the motion blurred color, like in the images they have on chevy.com/performance), and the music fades out and a guy with a creepy voice goes with that whole "When you're really good in a past life, you come back as yourself" bit, but "Coming 2009" shoes on an all black screen while he's saying everything before the comma. Everything after it you just see "Camaro" and the symbol on the screen.

Yeah, I know, I have too much time on my hands.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:31 AM   #69
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Here's my idea:

Guy walks into his garage at dusk dressed in all black. Camaro in garage is silver. Backround music is the guitar intro to Voodoo Chille by either Hendricks or Vaughn. Voiceover says something like "Some legends just live in your dreams....... (as he gets in and fires up the engine) Others (pause, move to shot of the front of the car as the headlights turn on) never let you sleep!"

As the song moves up tempo, you see the full car on a winding road, full front, side, and rear shots.

Voiceover: "The return of Camaro for 2010. 400hp. Fully independent suspension. 6 Speeds........ Sweet dreams!" Commercial fades right at the chorus: "Hey, I'm a Voodoo Chille, yeah...... Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Chille"
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:47 PM   #70
Pencil.Fight

Wow, I really like that "Some legends just live in your dreams, others never let you sleep." I think GM should really use that. It's perfect for the Camaro!