Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #575
was619
Billy The Kid

Drives: Cyber Grey 2SS/RS
Well after seeing some of these on facebook and Messaging you(Jim) about the recent instal I must say, Thank you for the write up and giving details about the instal and where to get these parts! Enjoy the slick Orange ride bro!
Aesthetics: ZL1 Spoiler, DIY LED marker lights, AACPlasma DRL, Yellow Calipers, painted factory wheels
was619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:32 PM   #576
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Merry Christmas Camaro Owners!

I posted this up on Facebook "CAMARO OWNERS" Group. I have totally mixed feelings about Gen 6 being produced back in U.S. but I fully understand business decisions and what it means for team U.S.A.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=166

Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #577
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Exclamation BBK CAI Mod

A new addition for 2013 for Orange Krate. I wasn't really planning on a CAI but a deal came along from my friend John V. who recently sold his 5th gen SS Camaro. He didn't have very many miles on the car and it had a nice BBK CAI installed. He wanted to trade in the car as a certified so had to make it all stock again. I drove up and met him in Santa Barbara and drove home and installed the CAI in short order. There are a number of DIYs on CAI installs and even a great Youtube video by BBK on the Camaro install so I will forgo a write up other then to post a finished photo.

A couple of notes: This mod was a very inexpensive addition with a noticeable change in horsepower and torque. It made the engine come alive because it can breathe. They say it only gets another 16 horses or in that range! It felt like 50 the way it woke up! I was SHOCKED! So were my tires which decided to go up in smoke! THAT has NEVER happened before... TRULY the first time.
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #578
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Post **BBK Instructional Video**

Just in case someone is looking for how to do it... Orange Krate was just this simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Eh8-Uy418fI

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Old 01-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #579
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Exclamation Orange Krate Gets Ghosted!

Today has been one of the most exciting days since I bought Orange Krate. It is so because this morning I picked up Orange Krate from Conejo Valley Auto Body where owner Vince Glenn laid out and painted the golden pearl ghost rally stripes I have wanted forever! His work superb and I could not be happier with the outcome. It is just as I had imagined and the paint is so smooth it is like a highly polished bowling ball with the stripes buried deep in clear coat as it should be. I can't wait to get out and take some great photos with some background. More to come but here are some teasers!

http://chrsgln.tripod.com/

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Conej...ref=ts&fref=ts

THANK YOU VINCE, VINCE JR. and ALL Crew who worked on Orange Krate!
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Orange Krate; 01-31-2013 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Update links for CVAB FB Account
Old 01-19-2013, 02:00 AM   #580
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Post RUNNING LIST OF MODS FOR ORANGE KRATE

I felt that I have finally reached a point I need a list in one spot. Here it is.

ORANGE KRATE MODS RUNNING LIST TO DATE:
  • Match painted Ground Effects
  • License Plate Frames
  • Hurst Badge-trunk lid
  • Cargo Net
  • Camaro5.com decal
  • Match Painted Shark Fin
  • LED License Plate Lights
  • LED Interior and Trunk Lights
  • Camaro Design Team Signatures/Clear Coated
  • Technostalgia LED Tail Lights (REMOVED...JUNK!!! WARNING: Almost caused electrical fire due to faulty circuitry)
  • Flowmaster Series 60 Exhaust
  • Window Tint
  • AAC DRL Plasma Lights w/ harness
  • Shock Tower Customized ZL1/Convertible Brace
  • Skip Shift Eliminator harness
  • RX Extreme IOM painted Catch Can
  • OEM Chrome Wheels
  • OEM Chevrolet Camaro Heritage Grille
  • Sick Speed Custom Shift Knob
  • Bowtie Vinyl Graphic Overlays (rear removed for LED bowtie)
  • JL Audio 400W Amp-******** harness system
  • BBK CAI
  • Custom Ghost Stripes by Vince at Conejo Valley Auto Body
  • AAC/Oracle Amber-LED IOM Dual Intensity Chevy Bowtie badge (rear)
  • Custom designed Orange Krate Retro Logo/badge
  • AAC/Oracle Style LED Marker lights
  • Custom Trunk Lid LED Panel - "Orange Krate" JarheadBobandMax.com
  • Objects in mirror are losing -decal drivers mirror
  • Brass Nuts decal in glove box
  • Deltran Battery Tender (DIY)
  • SS Plenum Cover Chrome Badge - Emblem Pros
  • DIY Plenum Cover Chrome Stainless Capscrews - True Value Hardware
  • DRL Chrome DRL Bezels (thanks Shell Kalka!) - Defender Worx
  • AAC/Oracle LED Reverse Lights (clear lens)
  • DIY Afterburner tail lights with sequential indicators - XtremeLEDonline (Thanks Don!)
  • Oracle Colorshift Interior LED Dome Light Replacement with wireless controller.

Last edited by Orange Krate; 01-07-2016 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 01:35 AM   #581
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Talking Ghost Stripes Contrast Shots

I am waiting for the blasted wind to die down so I can get outside and take some decent photos. There is dust and debris flying everywhere last two days!

Tonight I set up a cheap 500 watt construction light and took a couple of photos just experimenting with a 105mm lens. No filters. D300 Nikon DSLR. I placed a white plastic decal tool on the hood in a fixed position so I could compare and contrast the ghost stripes to see if I could show just how "ghosty" they really are. Interestingly the stripes disappear when you look into them from the direction of the light. They POP when you are on about a 45-50 degree angle from the light (refraction). The gold color is very close to the same gold you see in the IOM base paint when light hits it at the right angle too. I had a couple of people see the car in the light today and they were favorably impressed and they are professional automotive types. Soon I will be taking Orange Krate back to my Chevy dealer and showing the troops there.
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2013, 12:32 PM   #582
walt353

Drives: !SS/RS Victory Red
Hey Jim! Good to hear from you. Havnt looked in on you for a while. Drove your way last spring. Carson City. Virginia City, Pine Mtn. Club and then Simi. Good people. Good times.Your mods look great. All I can say about the stripes is WOW. Thats really nice. Just my style, under stated. Very nice. I threw in a few pics. As you can see our taste run a lot the same. Must be our vintage. Ha. The truck is my other daily driver and of coarse the dog. Ive been working on my piant for a week or so. Starting to show some progress. Need more pics of The Krate. Love the pics of your old 69 in your folks drive and your new. I didnt know you were from T.O. Ive got a friend that lives on Velarde Dr. Hes a car guy,got a beautiful 55 chevy. Well great to hear from you Got to figure how to attach these pics. Walt
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #583
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Love the ghosted stripes whoever did them did a fantastic job!!
Old 01-20-2013, 01:45 PM   #584
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt353 View Post
Hey Jim! Good to hear from you. Havnt looked in on you for a while. Drove your way last spring. Carson City. Virginia City, Pine Mtn. Club and then Simi. Good people. Good times.Your mods look great. All I can say about the stripes is WOW. Thats really nice. Just my style, under stated. Very nice. I threw in a few pics. As you can see our taste run a lot the same. Must be our vintage. Ha. The truck is my other daily driver and of coarse the dog. Ive been working on my piant for a week or so. Starting to show some progress. Need more pics of The Krate. Love the pics of your old 69 in your folks drive and your new. I didnt know you were from T.O. Ive got a friend that lives on Velarde Dr. Hes a car guy,got a beautiful 55 chevy. Well great to hear from you Got to figure how to attach these pics. Walt
Awesome shots Walt! And without argue your dog is the best shot! What a love bug. Great to hear from you. I hope we can hook up sometime. I definately need to get out and take some more photos of Orange Krate! I am getting bored indoors. LOL Jim

Simi Valley, CA
Old 01-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #585
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED DEMON SS View Post
Love the ghosted stripes whoever did them did a fantastic job!!
Thanks Red Demon! I sent you a PM with some info. The painter is Vince Glenn of Conejo Valley Auto Body in Thousand Oaks,CA. He has been shooting customs for 30+ years. He did a top shelf job on Orange Krate IMHO. Jim

Simi Valley, CA
Old 01-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #586
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Love those stripes Jim, fantastic and look forward to seeing you again.
Gen5Diy.com.....http://www.gen5diy.com/
Wretched Motorsports..www.wretchedms.com/
Pedders USA
...http://www.peddersusa.com/
bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #587
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Yeah i finally scoured the thread for larger photos, he did a bang up job, TOP NOTCH!
Old 01-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #588
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Jim, those stripes look amazing. Defiantly a show stopper.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote