Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-06-2009, 10:37 PM   #15
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Of course it is going to be expensive, but how could it not be worth seeing someone's minimal Camaro LS defeat a Nissan GT-R at the Nurburgring?
For less $$ than the gt-r itself, I'm calling it right now.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:44 PM   #16
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
For less $$ than the gt-r itself, I'm calling it right now.

unless they triple the cost of the V-6, they won't come close to the cost of a GT-R.

both are great looking cars too, so its a win-win
Old 08-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #17
383ss

Drives: 1985 IROC, 2011 Camaro
have huge reservations that that will compete with it, but still awesome, give em hell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsdguru View Post
31000 for ss1 no options and who in the hell would buy a SS1 V6 for kids SS1 for girls LS3 the only way to go G8 Gxp 200lbs more my bad so lets think here 200lb more 27 less hp so 5 tenths slower now 373 gear now mabe 3tenths slower 4 door car sad so so sad
383ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:58 PM   #18
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
And how much money is this costing?

There's a point where you spend so much money that it just makes no sense. I could attach million dollar shuttle rockets to a Toyota Camry, but it doesn't make it awesome. Any car can be made fast...for this project to be worth it the cost of doing this needs to be feasible for regular people to transform their V6's.
Top Gear took a Reliant Robin, turned it into a Space Shuttle replica, and launched it. I'm sure it cost a ton of money (British taxpayer money, no less) but boy was it entertaining. Sometimes that's the point. Just being awesome.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:28 PM   #19
Dynabyte

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/NPP Red Hot
That's awesome - my good friend recently "borrowed" a GT-R from his cousin - it's an incredible machine. I've had many V8s in my lifetime, and they are great bang for the buck. However, the saying "there's no replacement for displacement" may not be so accurate anymore. There was an episode of Pinks where a Civic was wasting Chevelles - as with computers, technology will drive "more with less". I think the LLT is going to surprise alot of folks, and perhaps be the next big thing in V6-land (if not already).
Dynabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:35 PM   #20
Jericho
Come see me.

Drives: Chevrolet Line-up
Send a message via Yahoo to Jericho
This will deffinately effect the way the car is viewed by those who have it and those who are considering it.
Vin#30271
Jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:42 PM   #21
ssrsheaven

Drives: 92 firebird,2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Here is the vette record stock ZR1. Driven by GM performance parts big wig Jim Mero.
Guy is one heck of a driver.

awesome ride that he lost it a couple of times.
ssrsheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #22
StoutFiles

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Of course it is going to be expensive, but how could it not be worth seeing someone's minimal Camaro LS defeat a Nissan GT-R at the Nurburgring?
Because if no one else will use this setup because of the ridiculous costs then it doesn't mean anything. Like I said, shuttle rockets on a Camry...no one is going to think the Camry is awesome because I can afford to modify the Camry to the point where it's not even a Camry anymore.

Also, no one's going to say a V6 Camaro beat the GT-R...they'll say a V6 that was completely and expensively redone beat a GT-R. They're only supporting the well-known fact that if you put enough money into almost any car, you can make it very fast...
StoutFiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:41 AM   #23
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutFiles View Post
Because if no one else will use this setup because of the ridiculous costs then it doesn't mean anything. Like I said, shuttle rockets on a Camry...no one is going to think the Camry is awesome because I can afford to modify the Camry to the point where it's not even a Camry anymore.
No one said that they're positively going to reproduce the same kit and setup in mass quantities for profit. Even if this ends up being a one-off car, the publicity and enhanced reputation their company would gain all over the internet and magazines might make the long term gains more than worth the $ they put into this one project. Not every project by a tuner is for mass sale and application. Many are undertaken simply to show the technical and mechanical expertise/ knowledge that the company is capable of.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:43 AM   #24
DON_RAFA
NY5THGEN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/SIM/IO
O man im hype to see this since my friend has a gt-r and well I have a 2LT. lol hes dying to drive my Camaro, he offered to let me drive his gt-r if he could drive my Camaro. yeah right! haha
DON_RAFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:51 AM   #25
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Wow, can't wait to see how it turns out
Blacc Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:15 AM   #26
Kakashi

Drives: Camaro SS 2010 M6
Awesome! This is going to earn the little V6 LLT some well deserved , and we'll get to find the limits (if they even reach them) of this little engine.

Here here for the LLT becoming the next engine to be touched by the hand of god (GNX )
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:22 AM   #27
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
I think its hilarious...the camaro is going to have zero problem laying down the hp's from that V6 to match the skyline, the problem is going to be weight.

Maybe some carbon fiber parts(better chose a black LS) and some lighter rims would help out. I'm sure handling will be a lot easier to fix once some of the excess weight is taken off.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:04 AM   #28
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
Going to do my best to see this!

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote