Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2006, 11:01 PM   #1
bellflame

Drives: Dodge Magnum
Gm has fight left in her

I love this new car, not cause of how it looks or its engine, but because it proves that GM has something left to offer. With that said there are some things i want to see improved:

1) make it light, the current GTO is super powerful, but a total pig in the weight department. My old F-body actually weighs less.
2) Offer more engines. perhaps the 6.0 could be a z28. a low cost (RS) version could have the 5.3 out of the tahoe. and perhaps an ss model with a detuned version of the ls7. it would also be nice to see packages like the 1le come back and actually make a difference.
3) finally, cost is key. they need to be cheaper than their ford/dodge/toyota/nissan counterparts and offer better or equal performance.

This is the winning combination, i guess if GM wasnt in financial problems it would be easier to pull it off, or maybee GM will pull it through because of the financial trouble (having a noose around ure neck makes u work harder).
bellflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:53 AM   #2
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
I want 1.A V-6 RS version w/4.3 Vortec
2.A Z28 version w/LS2 405hp.
3A SS version w/LS7 505hp.
but all that weigh light. And I agree w/you have the were you can afford them.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:21 AM   #3
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
If this is what you want, then odds are you are going to be disappointed. Did you not read the thread about the engine options? The SS and Z-28 are supposed to have the LS3 in them rated at around 450HP. The LS2 is going to be dead by then. If a LS7 or equivanant does get produced, I will bet my bottom dollar that it will be in very limited numbers and will not come with a badge of SS or Z28.

I think it is funny that there is so little information being released right now that a number of the threads at the top of the forums were actually originally started months ago. Reduce-Reuse-Recycle.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 12:40 PM   #4
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Hey man that is what I would like to see we all got our our opions with what we want on the new Camaro's so don't go stomping all over mine. I don't care what they bring out in them as long as they are fast. That is just what I like.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:08 PM   #5
returnofthereal

Drives: 69,71,84 Camaros
I dont care if its an LS107 I want an SS at 33 to 35 thousand with 450 horse.
I also wish GM would give us some more info I get tired of the same old same old.
returnofthereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:14 PM   #6
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofthereal View Post
I also wish GM would give us some more info I get tired of the same old same old.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:12 PM   #7
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
They will be smart in terms of engine selection. The engines will change cause the numbers will change as they work the engines more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellflame View Post
I love this new car, not cause of how it looks or its engine, but because it proves that GM has something left to offer. With that said there are some things i want to see improved:

1) make it light, the current GTO is super powerful, but a total pig in the weight department. My old F-body actually weighs less.
2) Offer more engines. perhaps the 6.0 could be a z28. a low cost (RS) version could have the 5.3 out of the tahoe. and perhaps an ss model with a detuned version of the ls7. it would also be nice to see packages like the 1le come back and actually make a difference.
3) finally, cost is key. they need to be cheaper than their ford/dodge/toyota/nissan counterparts and offer better or equal performance.

This is the winning combination, i guess if GM wasnt in financial problems it would be easier to pull it off, or maybee GM will pull it through because of the financial trouble (having a noose around ure neck makes u work harder).
1) even if its heavy if they have good power it can be overcame--> see charger SRT 8
2) offer FEWER engines. Make smart choices in terms of engines cause more options is harder to manage in terms of business.
3) cant have everything. I hope they make a good car if it cost more than make it worth it

Quote:
i think they arent giving more information cause a lot of things are still up in the air
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:13 AM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Just give it a little time. I bet we hear something in the near future. I agree that it sux nothing is coming out, but like Cleric said, a lot is still up in the air. I couldn't imagine how many things have been decided on that have chaged...then changed again...then again.... We are still in 06 here and aren't looking for a release until 1st quarter of 09 (so GM claims at this time). Lots and lots of things will change. GM, I'm postive, isn't going to come out and say, "Hey, we are putting in the LS2". I bet they have so much they are working on that they are expecting break throughs in engines we've never even heard of. Maybe, just maybe, not hearing anything is a good thing right about now. Again, there's a lot of time between now and then. A whole hell of a lot can happen in that time frame.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:40 AM   #9
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
I bet they have so much they are working on that they are expecting break throughs in engines we've never even heard of. Maybe, just maybe, not hearing anything is a good thing right about now. Again, there's a lot of time between now and then. A whole hell of a lot can happen in that time frame.
Like a 40MPG 450HP motor?

That's be flippin' sweet.

Back on topic... Yes it is still 06 and yes they have announced an '09 MY (late '08 arrival). I would then have to specultate that they would have to have everything finalized and ready for production by mid '08 at the latest. This would mean that by the beginning of '07 they would have a year and a half to get all of their ducks in a row. My guess is that at the beginning of the year we will start getting information on a more consistent basis.... either from GM or leaked from suppliers.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:12 PM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
Like a 40MPG 450HP motor?

That's be flippin' sweet.

...by the beginning of '07 they would have a year and a half to get all of their ducks in a row. My guess is that at the beginning of the year we will start getting information on a more consistent basis.... either from GM or leaked from suppliers.
You see?!?! That's the kinda attitude I like! There's nothing wrong w/ wishing and hoping. In fact, it was mentioned about that diesel that gets 350 hp and 40 mpg's. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! BRING IT ON GM!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:33 PM   #11
Cleric

Drives: not a 5th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
You see?!?! That's the kinda attitude I like! There's nothing wrong w/ wishing and hoping. In fact, it was mentioned about that diesel that gets 350 hp and 40 mpg's. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! BRING IT ON GM!
I think their is a lot to come and will def be in advantage when measuring against a stang, etc. But i would be cautious about how high you get your hopes. Cause if you expect to much the car wont come to surface the way you want.
Cleric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #12
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleric View Post
I think their is a lot to come and will def be in advantage when measuring against a stang, etc. But i would be cautious about how high you get your hopes. Cause if you expect to much the car wont come to surface the way you want.
You must be a glass half empty kind of guy..
Old 11-10-2006, 03:04 PM   #13
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
Quote:
thats what ive been saying all last week, but..... every time i posted it it got blocked and moved to another sight so no one could read it!!!!
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:07 PM   #14
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
i agree with casull about not getting your hopes up. you start to dream about this bad ass car and then when the time comes and you see it at the dealership you gonna be like...."well i wish they did this or i expected this." this really sucks waiting and tlaking about a car you actually know nothing about. thats why i cant wait any more. i think im going to buy a c6 this winter!
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote