Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2013, 02:57 AM   #71
CMYarb

Drives: 2011 CAMARO SIM 2SS/RS
It took me a bit to get used to the visibility myself, just had to be extra careful and baby her. accidents happen, hope you get it fixed soon.
CMYarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:43 AM   #72
Stealth6

Drives: '17 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
It's my wifes car. I guess all the reviews of bad visibility are some kind of myth. I get you guys love your Camaros to death but lets get real. They are no greenhouse when it comes to seeing out of them.
Greenhouse? You didn't expect it to have the same visibility as the AMC Pacer?

Here is a simple formula to measure the distance at which an object can be clearly discerned.
Attached Images

Stealth6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:03 AM   #73
mc_acoustic

Drives: 2010 1LT Limited Edition Camaro A6
The visibility blows. Its the only "dislike" to the car.

But that just means I am totally aware of my surroundings 100%

just be more cautious i guess, but yeah I enver rely on sensors really to guide my while reversing
mc_acoustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #74
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
It's my wifes car. I guess all the reviews of bad visibility are some kind of myth. I get you guys love your Camaros to death but lets get real. They are no greenhouse when it comes to seeing out of them.
I'm on both sides of this... when I hop in the pickup, it's a night and day difference... you can see EVERYTHING around you... but, I don't personally buy into the Camaro being terrible in the visibility realm... it takes some effort to get everything adjusted properly, but once it's there, I don't have many blind spots.

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #75
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
ya i know. couldnt see a thing in the back up camera. even when i hit it. censors never beeped or anything untill after I hit it. I was backing out of a drive way. I thought i was in the road so I turned
There ya go thinking again... Sorry to hear the bad news, hope its not as bad as it sounds.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #76
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
The visibility is not the best in these cars, but after a while of having the vehicle, it gets to be second nature of judging objects that are around you. We live in a time where backup sensors and cameras are standard equipment on many vehicles. Hell, just 15 short years ago, these were science-fiction type items. People got along fine without them in their cars for 100 years. More often than not, folks today rely too much on technology. I can see it now, 100 years in the future, there will be a phone app that reminds a person to breath. Your eyes and brain are better than any sensor out there.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #77
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
They dont work when your going to hit something. They work after you back over a black mail box and scratch up your rear end. The fu*King things will tell me there is something across the paking lot but not right behind me. 3am back up cameras good for nothing. mirrors are good for nothing. well we will see how much damage in the morning.
Maybe the censor blocked the mailbox because it's well known that mailboxes are offensive to bumpers.
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #78
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
dont trust your back up censors
That's what censors do, keep you from seeing something. Maybe you should get rid of your censors and get some sensors.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #79
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Dang. Someone can't even tell a story on here without getting flamed. The back up sensors in the car are horrible. They are installed for a reason. You really think a dealer would install those and throw away money if there wasn't a problem? We are talking about a car that was installed on a borrowed chassis. In Texas, only Constable's offices have Camaros. There is a reason for that. I am a driving instructor, so I would know. The depth perception in the rear view mirror is horrible. That is the sole reason for the sensors and many minor fender benders in parking lots. Cities, counties, and even the state will not issue these cars since most officer at fault accidents....are while backing.

A Constable is free to choose what vehicle they drive, since they get a grant to purchase a vehicle as part of their salary. If they hit someone, you better believe the big shots will say "Your car, your accident." So in closing, if we don't even consider it, then yes, there is a backing problem. I'm not surprised by how many "No, no that isn't a problem. No! NO! The camaro is perfect!" responses there are.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #80
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBOSSRS View Post
Sounds like you won't have your car very long. I honestly have never had a visibility problem.
Oh please I'm as die hard as they come and this car flat BLOWS at visibility.
it is the number 1 complaint across ALL reviews and even most drivers.
And yes my backup sensors have not been very accurate at all at times.
nearly got me a couple times now.

and dont even get me started over the hood and fendor visibility this car is beyond hard to judge distance in front and back.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #81
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
They dont work if you are rolling backwards. You need to be in reverse and driving backwards. For a 6M.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:51 AM   #82
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
Dang. Someone can't even tell a story on here without getting flamed. The back up sensors in the car are horrible. They are installed for a reason. You really think a dealer would install those and throw away money if there wasn't a problem? We are talking about a car that was installed on a borrowed chassis. In Texas, only Constable's offices have Camaros. There is a reason for that. I am a driving instructor, so I would know. The depth perception in the rear view mirror is horrible. That is the sole reason for the sensors and many minor fender benders in parking lots. Cities, counties, and even the state will not issue these cars since most officer at fault accidents....are while backing.

A Constable is free to choose what vehicle they drive, since they get a grant to purchase a vehicle as part of their salary. If they hit someone, you better believe the big shots will say "Your car, your accident." So in closing, if we don't even consider it, then yes, there is a backing problem. I'm not surprised by how many "No, no that isn't a problem. No! NO! The camaro is perfect!" responses there are.
Houston PD has 4 of them now, and have since 2011.
So no it's not just Constables. I have yet to even see one other than the HPD Ghost cars.
530/520 SAE
Old 07-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #83
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
They dont work if you are rolling backwards. You need to be in reverse and driving backwards. For a 6M.
you can coast backwards IF it is in reverse. otherwise the system does not even arm.
if the camera is on they are working.
530/520 SAE
Old 07-22-2013, 08:54 AM   #84
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
Houston PD has 4 of them now, and have since 2011.
So no it's not just Constables. I have yet to even see one other than the HPD Ghost cars.
Did the city issue them? NOPE! You can thank Mario Williams for that. Also, they are just.... "Public relations officers" and not used for patrol duty. LMAO. Fail. Try again.