Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
MacTruck

Drives: Camaro RS
Traded in My SS!

Well I could not take the headliner hitting me in the head anymore so I traded in my 2SS on another camaro. Got the same one only without a sunroof. The difference in the two is 2.5" of headroom. I'm 6' tall and my head rubbed on the headliner. With the new one I have enough room.

So what kind of hit did I take? $4200. Yep. Ouch but at least I am happy now. I also got black leather now. Had tan interior on my last one.

What did they give me? I had a fully loaded 2SS/RS with sunroof. Best I could get was $32,000. So there you go. I called every dealer in 1000 miles and that was the best trade I could get. Got $1000 in GM bonus points applied and financed the rest so I ended up paying $3,000.

Now to get the windows tinted again.
MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck View Post
Well I could not take the headliner hitting me in the head anymore so I traded in my 2SS on another camaro. Got the same one only without a sunroof. The difference in the two is 2.5" of headroom. I'm 6' tall and my head rubbed on the headliner. With the new one I have enough room.

So what kind of hit did I take? $4200. Yep. Ouch but at least I am happy now. I also got black leather now. Had tan interior on my last one.

What did they give me? I had a fully loaded 2SS/RS with sunroof. Best I could get was $32,000. So there you go. I called every dealer in 1000 miles and that was the best trade I could get. Got $1000 in GM bonus points applied and financed the rest so I ended up paying $3,000.

Now to get the windows tinted again.
You did incredibly well at $32. Most take a huge bath on trading within a year.

I'm with you, no roof for me. $1000 bucks and maybe I'll open it once or twice, no thanks. Learned that lesson many cars ago.

It was frustrating for me when I was looking for a car, all the dealers around here were loading all the SS's up with sunroofs. One told me, everyone wants a roof. Uh, no they don't - I sure don't, so I'll see ya.
Finally found an SS/RS 6 speed manual IOM with no roof so I grabbed it.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
MacTruck

Denver area had 3 2SS/RS in black on black in my area. My dealer didn't have it but they traded for it. The first on got sold that same day but I luckily had 2 left. Now there is 1 left. LOL.

Yeah we measured it and everything. 2.5" difference. Think about that if you are tall like me. 6' isn't even that tall but I have a tall torso plus I am 250lbs so I am sure I have a few inches of fat on that butt to bring me up higher.

Very happy with the now sunroof. Looks cooler too with the reverse Mohawk.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, I cut out the sunroof with an exacto knife for more headroom. Still got $32K. LOL. It looked like crap too.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:15 PM   #4
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
That's a hit but in the end your not going to think about the money but how happy you are that your more comfortable in your car!
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Sucks that you can't have the sunroof you wanted, but you won't have to worry about the headaches anymore.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #6
az5thgen

Drives: 2010 1LT
This just really interests me - I'm 6'2" and have NO problem with the sun roof in mine...? I don't have the butt padding you speak of though! I have seen people 5'9" on here complaining about no headroom as well.
az5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #7
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by az5thgen View Post
This just really interests me - I'm 6'2" and have NO problem with the sun roof in mine...? I don't have the butt padding you speak of though! I have seen people 5'9" on here complaining about no headroom as well.
It's all about where your height is - legs, torso, neck... plus where you like your seat positioned. Some like the seat way back and down, and sure in that position a very tall person can get under a sunroof. Where I like my seat, I'm too close to a sunroof. Especially to get a helmet under there for those really fun days.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #8
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Did you test drive it and sit it in a while prior to buying this car? This is a good reason not to be a R6P car IMO. Glad you happy, thats all that matters.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:47 PM   #9
MacTruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
Did you test drive it and sit it in a while prior to buying this car? This is a good reason not to be a R6P car IMO. Glad you happy, thats all that matters.

Well when I bought it sunroof models where the only ones available. My head hit the roof but I said screw it i love the car. Then it started to wear on me, especially when my dealer got in one without a sunroof and I sat in it I was like DAMN it. I was going to trade right then and there, a month ago but it was orange. I revisited trading it again when I took the car out of storage and drove it. When I found out they had the color I wanted I just did it. Very happy now.

My Tundra with sunroof had the same problem but I was able to modify the seat and fix the problem. No modifying the seat in the camaro, its already as low as it will go.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:49 PM   #10
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTruck View Post
Denver area had 3 2SS/RS in black on black in my area. My dealer didn't have it but they traded for it. The first on got sold that same day but I luckily had 2 left. Now there is 1 left. LOL.

Yeah we measured it and everything. 2.5" difference. Think about that if you are tall like me. 6' isn't even that tall but I have a tall torso plus I am 250lbs so I am sure I have a few inches of fat on that butt to bring me up higher.

Very happy with the now sunroof. Looks cooler too with the reverse Mohawk.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention, I cut out the sunroof with an exacto knife for more headroom. Still got $32K. LOL. It looked like crap too.
lol wut?
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 02:57 PM   #11
skipj3
Go Gators Baby!!!

Drives: '11 2SS M6
I dont know how all you tall people are doing it. I drove one with a sunroof the other week and my hair was touching the headliner and im 5'6"!!! At first i thought the seat was up too high but it was lowered all the way. I went on a nice 15 minute drive and it drove me nuts-o the whole way.

OP-glad your happy with your new purchase. I like the mohawk better also.

The Department of Redundancy Department
skipj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #12
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipj3 View Post
I dont know how all you tall people are doing it. I drove one with a sunroof the other week and my hair was touching the headliner and im 5'6"!!! At first i thought the seat was up too high but it was lowered all the way. I went on a nice 15 minute drive and it drove me nuts-o the whole way.

Maybe that explains it. It's about the hair. I'm 6' and have no issues with my sunroof. I am however a bit lean on top.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #13
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipj3 View Post

Haircut !!! ..... Get rid of the spike dew !!!!
Old 01-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #14
MacTruck

I was showing the salesman how bad it was. They felt bad for me LOL. I put my sunglasses on my head and got it in, the roof knocked them right off.

I can now fully love this car.