Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-05-2014, 07:34 PM   #15
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
There is no difference between the 1ss and 2ss recaros. Recaros are recaros, they are all the same.

Are you willing to mod the car.

The 1ss trim work (cloth) for the door and dash inserts isn't as nice as the 2ss. This can be changed.

The one thing that would be very difficult to replicate from 2ss to 1ss is the HUD. It is far from easy. If you could live without HUD I would go 1ss with recaros and plan to change the door and dash trim and have the rear seat re-upholstered to match the recaros. It would look sick! I looked at the 1ss's and wouldn't be able to cope with the cloth trim coming from a 2ss. But I also was struggling paying for 2ss and recaros when a big selling point of 2ss is the leather which you are replacing with recaros.

If you do the math the price difference for the 2ss is a decent value and can't be duplicated for less.

You shouldn't let your wife influence this so much. Get what you want and ask for forgiveness later. To be honest my wife didn't see my 1le until it was delivered to my place, and she didn't see the zl1 until after we signed the paper work....we walked out of the dealership, she saw it and said "hmmm, red, I like it". I didn't even realize I had never told her what car I was buying.
1) No, other than functional things like skip-shift eliminator and clutch/brake reservoir separator, there will be no modifications to this car.

2) I don't like the HUD.

3) We are definitely NOT doing 2SS + Recaros. The choice is down to 1SS + Recaros or a 2SS. I want the 1SS + seats but the wife really wants the heated seats and the HUD.

4) My wife and I run all purchases over $20 through each other before we buy anything. The idea that I wouldn't get her input and consider her feelings/desires for this car is foreign to me. I want her to be comfortable in it because I want her to both enjoy the car with me, and I want her to drive it as often as she can.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:45 PM   #16
Billy10mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw78911sc View Post
I bought the 1LE with Recaros, I love them. Alcantara is used on all high end Lambos, Porsche... I saw no value to the 2SS with the Recaros, care less if the rear seats were leather and didn't care about the light package. I ordered more oriented toward taking it to the track, Recaros make it easy to add harness. I wish they weren't powered, I'd rather save the weight and the $$, no one else drives the car and I'll never change the seat position any way.
I also want the Recaros for the track. I've got quite a bit of seat time at Lime Rock and Watkins Glen but had to give that up a decade ago because I was living well outside my means. Times and finances are different now and a couple of track days + some autocrosses each year will not be an issue.

You misunderstand though. I want the 1SS + Recaros, the wife wants the 2SS (which would preclude the Recaros since we're not spending over $40K on this car - no way). I had originally thought that the 1SS Recaros had cloth on the bolsters instead of the leather bolsters you got with the 2SS Recaros (which she saw, sat in, and liked). So I came here looking for pictures to show her that since the seats are MOSTLY covered in Alcantara anyway, the little difference in the bolster material wouldn't be very noticeable. Luckily, I learned that the Recaros are actually leather in the 1SS - and that just might be the thing that gets me the 1SS I want.

As far as the power ... I'm glad they are and wish they had driver memory since we'll split driving duties approximately 75%/25%. Nothing hotter (in my eyes anyway) than my wife driving a white 1LE:

Here she is back in October taking a Skip Barber course in preparation of getting this car:

Old 02-05-2014, 07:51 PM   #17
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
1) No, other than functional things like skip-shift eliminator and clutch/brake reservoir separator, there will be no modifications to this car.

2) I don't like the HUD.

3) We are definitely NOT doing 2SS + Recaros. The choice is down to 1SS + Recaros or a 2SS. I want the 1SS + seats but the wife really wants the heated seats and the HUD.

4) My wife and I run all purchases over $20 through each other before we buy anything. The idea that I wouldn't get her input and consider her feelings/desires for this car is foreign to me. I want her to be comfortable in it because I want her to both enjoy the car with me, and I want her to drive it as often as she can.
I wasn't suggesting not to get her input. But it seems your building the car for her, not for you, or the both of you. Both the 2ss and recaro seats are good seats, neither is un enjoyable or uncomfortable so get the ones the whoever will be driving e car most would prefer. It's like asking which is a better cut, a filet and a bone in ribeye....it's a personal choice only you can make! Not a filet and canned tuna.

When she runs that splitter into a curb parking the car you'll rethink wanting her to drive it as much as she can.

The cars going to have better resale value down the road with recaros
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:57 PM   #18
Billy10mm

Quote:
I wasn't suggesting not to get her input. But it seems your building the car for her, not for you, or the both of you. Both the 2ss and recaro seats are good seats, neither is un enjoyable or uncomfortable so get the ones the whoever will be driving e car most would prefer. It's like asking which is a better cut, a filet and a bone in ribeye....it's a personal choice only you can make! Not a filet and canned tuna.

When she runs that splitter into a curb parking the car you'll rethink wanting her to drive it as much as she can.

The cars going to have better resale value down the road with recaros
Building the car for her? Not at all. I know what I want, I know what she wants, I trying to see if I can convince her that the 2SS is not worth the money over the 1SS.

As far running the splitter into a curb .. then I buy a new one. A guy at work who refuses to let his wife drive his Challenger said something similar, in his case he was afraid my wife, who will be learning to drive stick with this car, would kill my transmission. If that's what happens, so be it, it's only a car. People learn by making mistakes and if I wasn't willing to have some mistakes made, I wouldn't be buying this car.

I do not car about resale value. This car will be worth nothing when the time comes to get rid of it.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #19
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
There is no difference between the 1ss and 2ss recaros. Recaros are recaros, they are all the same.
Are you 100% sure? Because I know they engineered two versions: One for the ZL1 and 2SS equipped with power actuation and heat - and another with manual slide and no heat for the 1SS and Z/28. Both have suede/leather combination....

I don't know if the manual slide will make a different to the OP.

Quote:
100% agree! I went from 2ss leather to the zl1 suede and it's a big difference. I imagine the suede is similiar from zl1 to recaro.

I sat in the recaros. Nice seats! But a bit tight for me, I like to lean a bit.
They are similar...just a bit skinnier than the ZL1 seats, and a bunch more supportive. The thing that took the longest to get used to wast the shoulder supports. But now - I don't notice, and feel like I'm strapping into a spaceship every time I get in...so much support...so many gadgets...so much performance.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #20
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Are you 100% sure? Because I know they engineered two versions: One for the ZL1 and 2SS equipped with power actuation and heat - and another with manual slide and no heat for the 1SS and Z/28. Both have suede/leather combination....
You're right. Should've been clearer. I was talking about looks and feel of the recaros between 1ss and 2ss. Same look, same feel.

Last edited by Msmall143; 02-06-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:16 AM   #21
Billy10mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post

I don't know if the manual slide will make a different to the OP.

They are similar...just a bit skinnier than the ZL1 seats, and a bunch more supportive. The thing that took the longest to get used to wast the shoulder supports. But now - I don't notice, and feel like I'm strapping into a spaceship every time I get in...so much support...so many gadgets...so much performance.
So glad you posted. Is it just the slide aspect or are the Recaros in the 1SS different in their adjustability?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2014, 10:38 AM   #22
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Somebody with 1SS Recaros needs to chime in cause I'm pretty sure they have heat and power movement in both 1 and 2SS. In post #3 of this thread you can see that the 1SS Recaros have both power controls.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:25 AM   #23
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Somebody with 1SS Recaros needs to chime in cause I'm pretty sure they have heat and power movement in both 1 and 2SS. In post #3 of this thread you can see that the 1SS Recaros have both power controls.
Agreed. Need clarification on heated or not. But pretty confident they are all power

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...92#post7399792
Old 02-06-2014, 11:28 AM   #24
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
So glad you posted. Is it just the slide aspect or are the Recaros in the 1SS different in their adjustability?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Again, it's the same seat. They don't have 1ss & 2ss recaros. It's just recaros. Same adjustability. Not sure if heated or not because that's tied into the car.

Last edited by Msmall143; 02-06-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:49 AM   #25
ilir14

Drives: Camaro ss 1le
i have recaros on my 1ss 1le and they are not heated they are all power, only on 2ss they come heated and powered
ilir14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #26
Billy10mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilir14 View Post
i have recaros on my 1ss 1le and they are not heated they are all power, only on 2ss they come heated and powered
Excellent. Thank you for your input.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #27
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Happy wife, happy life. Get the 2SS.
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:57 PM   #28
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
You say you wont pay over $40k...I paid $40k and change for a 2SS with nav, npp exhaust, and recaros. That included $1000 private offer and $1000 gm card. If you take out nav and npp exhaust you are just under $40k without needsd gm card money. I paid invoice minus holdback plus dealer fee.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote