Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 02-27-2011, 09:31 AM   #533
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Not heard anything from him. We will plan a meet soon.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:28 PM   #534
KnoxCamaro5

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxCamaro5 View Post
Cars & Coffee next Saturday sounds good.
Looks like rain. I will attend if it is clear.

Looking forward to our next meet!
Old 03-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #535
GtSmoke

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Hey guys, I am heading up your way 3/31/11 - 4/2/11 to drive the Dragon, and just cruise the mountain roads. I was wondering if you guys had any advice on good places to see.

Thanks
GtSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #536
the_breeze

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Hey GTSMOKE!

Try going to the Cherohala Skyway. It goes into NC. It is near the Dragon. We took a trip there last summer and had a great time. A lot of things to see on Telico Mtn. http://www.cherohala.org/
the_breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:19 AM   #537
GtSmoke

Thanks for the info
Old 03-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #538
ClutchKargo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtSmoke View Post
Hey guys, I am heading up your way 3/31/11 - 4/2/11 to drive the Dragon, and just cruise the mountain roads. I was wondering if you guys had any advice on good places to see.

Thanks
Hey if you go to Gatlinburg. Take Airport Road to the Roaring Fork Motor Trail, turn at the Space Needle and Bubba Gumps and stay to the right for about 4 miles and you will see the entrance to the RFMT. It's only about 6 miles long but it is an awesome drive, close to civilization but feels so far away and remote, it comes out on 321 just outside of Gatlinburg. Also don't forget Cades Cove if you have time, but that can be crowded depending on the day. You can take the Foothills Parkway that comes out by the Chilhowee Lake at the TN end of the Dragon back to Townsend which is another killer drive and from there you will be just outside of Townsend and very close to Cades Cove, Wears Valley, and Gatlinburg. Any of these and you can't go wrong!!

Also as an added treat look up Benton's Hams on the internet. It is in Sweetwater on 411 very close to the Dragon, a family business that's been there for years. Stop by and get some Bacon and Country Ham. Their bacon and hams are considered by most Chefs around the World as the best, and have won many awards! Most incredible smoked flavored bacon you will ever have. As a matter of fact I cook it outside or my house will smell for days if not. Be sure to save the grease for seasoning green beans or frying some potatos later! One of our Local Treasures here in East Tennessee that for those of us that know about them are very proud of. I promise you won't be sorry if you stop by and get some!!

I'm doing a Dragon run this Wednesday with an old friend and can't wait.

Clutch
Solo Mach XL CatBack w/ J Pipe - Texas Speed LT Headers - 3M Nano-Carbon Polyester Tint 20% - 3M Crystalline 90% Tint on Windshield - Azentek Smart Mirror w/Back up Camera - CAI Intake - ADM Scoop - APEX Washer Tank Kit - PowderPro Ported & Polished TB
ClutchKargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #539
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Hey guys I know this is last minute but me and Mr. Brownstone talked and would like to have a meet this Saturday at Hooter's in Maryville/Alcoa at 1:00 p.m. if you guys are interested please come weather permitting of course and hang out . I will try and put this on the calendar so you guys can sign up. Sorry about the short notice and hope to see everyone on 3/19/11.

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #540
Mr. Brownstone

Drives: "SINISTER"
Hey Guys....Looking forward to kicking off the new Season at Hooters this Saturday. We need to discuss several issues including our club status and the direction we want to head in. As D said earlier, since it was short notice if you can make it cool..If not will catch you next time.
G6x3 Camshaft...4:10 Gear, UD Pulley, RotoFab CAI, Stainless Works Long Tubes, Pfadt Sport Plus Suspension Kit, Cincy Speed Custom tune!!
Mr. Brownstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:33 PM   #541
GMteSSted

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Cant be there...

I'll be driving back from Texas Sat. I swear some day I'll make on these meetings.
Regarding future club stuff, last year about 5 us went to the Somernites Show and Power Cruise up to Somerset, KY. We all had a good time. Maybe as a club we can plan for going again this year.
There is a similar type show in Cleveland on the 4th Saturday, maybe go there to.....just a couple of ideas.
GMteSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:06 PM   #542
Bertha II

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 SW
Will try to be there...

We had fun on the trip to Somerset, too, and am planning on doing it again. Just hope it is a little cooler this year! Will try to make the meeting on Saturday, depends on altering the plans I already had made.
Bertha II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:23 AM   #543
DESMO

Drives: 2010Camaro 2SS,Ducati Hypermotard
Out of the country this weekend, but will catch y'all next time.

DESMO
DESMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:46 AM   #544
GtSmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchKargo View Post
Hey if you go to Gatlinburg. Take Airport Road to the Roaring Fork Motor Trail, turn at the Space Needle and Bubba Gumps and stay to the right for about 4 miles and you will see the entrance to the RFMT. It's only about 6 miles long but it is an awesome drive, close to civilization but feels so far away and remote, it comes out on 321 just outside of Gatlinburg. Also don't forget Cades Cove if you have time, but that can be crowded depending on the day. You can take the Foothills Parkway that comes out by the Chilhowee Lake at the TN end of the Dragon back to Townsend which is another killer drive and from there you will be just outside of Townsend and very close to Cades Cove, Wears Valley, and Gatlinburg. Any of these and you can't go wrong!!

Also as an added treat look up Benton's Hams on the internet. It is in Sweetwater on 411 very close to the Dragon, a family business that's been there for years. Stop by and get some Bacon and Country Ham. Their bacon and hams are considered by most Chefs around the World as the best, and have won many awards! Most incredible smoked flavored bacon you will ever have. As a matter of fact I cook it outside or my house will smell for days if not. Be sure to save the grease for seasoning green beans or frying some potatos later! One of our Local Treasures here in East Tennessee that for those of us that know about them are very proud of. I promise you won't be sorry if you stop by and get some!!

I'm doing a Dragon run this Wednesday with an old friend and can't wait.

Clutch
Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it. We are definately hitting Gatlinsburg to check out the Distillery.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #545
KnoxCamaro5

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Can't attend the meet - out of town. Have a great time and get some pics.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #546
ClutchKargo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99 RJT
I can't make it either, in Chattanooga with the family, looks like it will be great weather though.

You all have a great time!
Solo Mach XL CatBack w/ J Pipe - Texas Speed LT Headers - 3M Nano-Carbon Polyester Tint 20% - 3M Crystalline 90% Tint on Windshield - Azentek Smart Mirror w/Back up Camera - CAI Intake - ADM Scoop - APEX Washer Tank Kit - PowderPro Ported & Polished TB
ClutchKargo is offline   Reply With Quote