Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #43
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
GM will have to pull some serious magic vodoo out to ever sell a camaro as well as the 10-13's sold.
Not magic. Just a good designer. The new stingray is very well done and a great looking car.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #44
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

And you'll be devastated if they aren't.....

There is all sort of evidence that sales deteriorate 20% by the third year of a lifecycle - therefore, Mid-cycles are planned at some point.

If you go back to 2008, there was caterwauling of all sorts when people saw the taillamps and back-up lamps of the current Camaro. People actually were struck sterile when they saw the steering wheel on the 2010! (...at least you'd think they were by the carrying-on on this very site....) -- and yet people must have fell in love with it - because when we changed it for 2012, the world was going to come to an end. We'd never be able to sell the car with the hideous new wheel................

Once again I'll ask you to cut everyone a break - and wait until you see the 2014 Camaros in person - you just MAY be surprised!

(..........but I have a feeling that no matter what we do, you'll still have something to say about it........)

I guess I'm one of the few on here that likes the 2014 refresh. The 1LE looks awesome. My only request: GIVE US A NICE TRUE BLUE (Laguna blue would do the trick)

cmon fbodfather - YOU CAN DO IT!!!
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #45
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
My eyes are going on the rally yellow camaro sorry! I like the look of the 13 mustang's and the challengers sales increase I think is because they will stop making them soon. So last call for a new nice looking Challenger with 0 miles . When I went to a Dodge dealer to look a the camaros they had they were telling me that they can give me the 2013 Challenger srt for cheaper than a new 2012 camaro ss that they had on their Chevy lot. Then I said no he left for a minute and cameback with his sales manager that was telling me I will regret not getting a Challenger because they will be collector cars unlike the camaro because they will stop making them. The sales person didn't know the price of the set but was promising he will beat the SS price then he pull the price tag out the window and was like oh nevermind the tag . I was like why is it 50 thousand and he said 52,000 yikes I laugh when he said yikes but his manager was like let him go because Chevy runs deep in him.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #46
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
I guess I'm one of the few on here that likes the 2014 refresh. The 1LE looks awesome. My only request: GIVE US A NICE TRUE BLUE (Laguna blue would do the trick)

cmon fbodfather - YOU CAN DO IT!!!
speaking of blue , i saw a Challenger yesterday, not sure which model year, and it had this color, it was just a bit lighter than Aqua Blue, and with more metallic. darn did it look good, even better than the picture
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #47
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Nice
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #48
Joco28

Drives: Black 2012 ZL1 #1772
i sense there will be a sharp decline with the introduction of the 2014 model year
Joco28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #49
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
Wow the Challenger has really been picking up sales with no major changes to apperance. Im glad to see it! I love my Mustang, and my Camaro. but those Challengers demand your attention when you drive by one. If the wife wasnt all "more kids, more kids!" I would have a 392 Challenger parked next to the Stang and Camaro.

I think the 14 Camaro will see initial sales go up, and then drop off pretty steeply after the first few months. Although the refresh is tolerable, it just dosent have the POP that the 10-13 still have. Ford won the refresh battle in looks this time; although sales diffrence between the two will probably stay the same or get even a little closer. Lets face it though, as much as i love the S197 mustangs its almost 10 years old and is very played out. The Camaro even with a not so good refresh is still new enough to out sell the compitition. GM will have to pull some serious magic vodoo out to ever sell a camaro as well as the 10-13's sold. I hope they have something stunning planned for the 6th gen; because from how things sound, Ford is really going to drop the ball with the new 6th gen "World" (all that means is european, and not american) Mustang.
I feel that the chally isn't nice looking at all I would rather have a mustang
forgive me Camaro brothers for thy have sinned...
Old 05-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #50
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
As ugly as the '14 camaros are the rustang is still uglier. The chally is gorgeous but let's see where the refreshes on those go. As long as camaro sales stay strong I'm ok. If it stops selling, we lose it.
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #51
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
I like the 2014's. Face it, the Camaro needed a refreshing. The first 3yrs of the 5th gen have been fantastic! The Camaro has "retro" hints, whilst the Mustang has been variations of the original, only much better, the original Mustang was a masked over Fairlane Lee Iococca dressed up. The Challenger is almost a dead ringer for its original, and still a handsome car. If Mopar would have offered a vert version, who knows, I may have gotten one, but the hardtop fully loaded V8 is already over $51k right now!

Camaros are going to be fine, always wanted a Camaro since I was 8yrs old and my neighbor, whom was a car dealer, brought home a 69 Z/28.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:17 AM   #52
hector95z

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheveey57 View Post
Not devastated if they aren't shocked if they are. Been a Chevy fan all my life it's just that Chevrolet is setting itself up for failure with this redesign.
I see a lot of people saying I'm getting used to the 14's, When the prototype on the fifth-generation came out I didn't have to get used to it. Most of us here fell in love with it at first sight. So I'll say it again if it has to grow on me Or i have to get used to it I never really liked it in the first place. The sixth generation can't come fast enough. I just hope that this refresh isn't a sign of the direction they are heading for the next generation.
This guy, could that must have feeling back when the concept Camaro was first shown due to the eight year absence of the Camaro? Maybe, it was due to seeing it on the big screen in the movie Transformers? Upon seeing the concept car, I too told myself that I had to get me one. Now, 3 years into the current car's design, and with the showing of the refreshed 14 car, I will be torn between which Camaro to buy myself, the 10-13 car or the 14 car? I will probably go with 10-13 car, not due to looks, but the fact that it should be a lot cheaper than the new 14 cars. Anyways, we all now by now that you DO NOT LIKE THE 14 CAR! Thanks for your personal opinion and quit bashing on our beloved Camaro already.
hector95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #53

Drives: Cadillac on four flats
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedMikeLV
People always say the color thing, I want to know what colors are exciting? They have 2 shades of gray, 2 shades of black, a white, a blue and a red. We have more options than that in the Camaro or Mustang.
The Challenger has one or two H.I.P (High Impact) Colo(u)rs a year on top of the regular bland colo(u)rs you just mentioned. They do not carry over H.I.P colo(u)rs every year. Hemi Orange, TorRed, Toxic Orange, Detonator Yellow, Furious Fuscia, B5 Blue, Green with Envy, Stinger Yellow, Header Orange, Plum Crazy, and Sublime ('14 MY).

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhurst
they need to clear inventory to make room for the Cuda.
The 'Cuda is no where near production, it will more than likely be a '16 or '17 MY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCamaroKid
My bet on the rise in Challenger sales is the SRT8 CORE, idk how long this has been an option but its the 6.4 starting at 40k vs the 45k the SRT8 has been.
Nah, V6 sales passed the V8 (5.7L) sales a couple years back and are still their top seller. The 392 alone will not spike sales like that since it is not a volume seller. Besides, the CORE will be produced in a lesser quantity than the regular SRTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan
speaking of blue , i saw a Challenger yesterday, not sure which model year, and it had this color, it was just a bit lighter than Aqua Blue, and with more metallic. darn did it look good, even better than the picture
That is a 2010 MY in B5 Blue.
Loading..... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #54
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirabella View Post
One of those April sales was mine
Put me down for one too!
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #55
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhurst View Post
Probably due to the "fire sales" dodge dealers have been having on Challengers over the past couple months,they need to clear inventory to make room for the Cuda.

A friend of mine was able to pick a new challenger up way under invoice last month,the dealers are pushing those cars hard.
NO CUDA, at least anytime soon.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #56
2013wrx

Drives: 2013 wrx
I think the cosmetic changes for the 14 will breath new life into sales. I love the 5th gen as is, but if I were in the market I would buy a 14 over a 13 w/o thinking twice. Just my two cents
2013wrx is offline   Reply With Quote