Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-16-2014, 08:11 PM   #1
High Magnitude

Drives: 2014 2LT Camaro
Modification Question

Hey guys,

So I just got a Camaro last month and I was planning to just do some superficial mods until the warranty gave out like behind the grill LEDs, racing stripes, tinted windows, blacked out bowtie, etc... and I was wondering if anyone that had experience with any of these could give me some tips about what some of these usually cost and if they're worth it. Other information that you might wanna know is that it's a silver 2014 Camaro 2LT. Lastly, I'm in NY, just because I know some laws about car mods differ depending on the state.

Also please forgive me if any of my etiquette is wrong, this is my first post.

-Dan
Old 08-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #2
nmartin1216

Drives: 14 white Camaro 1LE 2SS/RS
visit diode dynamics for some lighting stuff like grille/engine bay/fog light colored bulbs, also phastek performance has a ton of stuff on their site that might be useful too, as far as tint i personally have limo all the way around sides and back and i love it with the florida heat, for bowties just use plastidip, comes in like a $6 can and is removeable.
Goodluck!
nmartin1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 10:26 PM   #3
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
in NY no red or blue lights on front of car wile on the road.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:16 PM   #4
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Tint - 3M best
Black bow tie - plasti dip is the most cost effective.
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:20 PM   #5
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Magnitude View Post
Hey guys,

So I just got a Camaro last month and I was planning to just do some superficial mods until the warranty gave out like behind the grill LEDs, racing stripes, tinted windows, blacked out bowtie, etc... and I was wondering if anyone that had experience with any of these could give me some tips about what some of these usually cost and if they're worth it. Other information that you might wanna know is that it's a silver 2014 Camaro 2LT. Lastly, I'm in NY, just because I know some laws about car mods differ depending on the state.

Also please forgive me if any of my etiquette is wrong, this is my first post.

-Dan
Welcome to the site. I'm pretty new here myself and I have really benefitted from the pool of knowledge that the members here have. Mine's silver too and I have added rally stripes, black gills a carbon fiber spoiler and a front splitter. I think those black accents really make the car pop out. When I look at a silver Camaro or pictures of mine before I modded it the car just looks naked to me! As for lighting, I put in afterburner taillights and rigged my harness so the DRLs are on all the time. Asthetically those are the only changes I am planning on doing.

Whether or not it is worth it is all up to you. It won't increase the resale value of the car to modify it but it will make your car get more attention and I like to stand out in a crowd. (I'm a 6'2 white guy, driving a Camaro in Beijing). As I do live outside the US and my car was purchaced used, I don't know about the warranty or the local laws.

Most of my non-performance mods I bought here in China, so the price is much lower than those parts in the US, I can't comment on that.

Good luck and enjoy your car!
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:39 PM   #6
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Have llumar ctx tint and like it, 70% windshield, 15% sides, and 5% rear. Paid 325 i think it was and comes with lifetime warranty
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications, mods, tips