Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-30-2013, 05:38 AM   #15
Trickster929

Drives: 2011 2LT RS Synergy Green
Retired after serving 22 years active duty. Retired in Hawaii but still work for the Army as a civil service. For all those who are serving or who serve, whether active duty or reservists...thank you for your service!
Old 12-30-2013, 06:11 AM   #16
Smitty88

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
"Well that escalated quickly!!"

Active duty here, was stationed in Hawaii from 08-12 and did two year long deployments to Iraq before i left to Fort Campbell. Once i got there i was off on the next flight to Afghan where i currently am for the next 2weeks before my year long tour is up. Soon as i get back ill have 7months then im off to Korea for a year.

Being in Hawaii and looking for other Camaro ppl that use this forum and "active duty" will be small amount. You should look at the more local camaro forums if thats what your really after (808Camaro Club).

With that being said why would it really matter if the person is active or not? You both own a Camaro shouldnt that be good enough?
Smitty88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:17 AM   #17
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Retired last year from Active duty after 20 years. I was 11B (Infantry) for the first 4 years but I learned to spell my name without looking at it so I had to reclass to 31B (MP) LMAO. As far as weekend warriors, no such thing anymore they deploy they serve. Thank You all for serving and keep those Camaro's rolling.
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #18
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Stephens= View Post
20 years retired. Weekend warrior? Not a very professional statement from a US Sgt. How many deployments have you served? I was a weekend warrior and deployed 3 tours. Without the Reserves and National Guard there would be no Army. Who were the soldiers who relieved the Active Duty? Everyone who is activated is Regular Army. I have seen how lazy the Regular Army really is. Leave it for the Reservist to do our job. I take offense to your statement. You obviously have no wife and kids you had to leave behind and watch them grow up on Skype. Stationed in Hawaii? Pfffft...sounds like someone wanted an easy paycheck and you have no idea what being a Real soldier is about. When you best friend is killed to an IED or looses their legs, then you will think about the weekend warriors who died for their country and not sitting on a beach in Hawaii.
This. Former Weekend warrior here after being active in the '80s-- 2 deployments the last in 2011 in Afghanistan. Been 11b as active an 37f as reservist. Went out of the wire more and got shot at more as a 37f reservist!

Squash that shit soldier.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #19
camaro1350

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS 1LT, 6M
I am retired Air Force since 2000. I totally respect the "weekend warriors" they are and often deployed more times than active duty. Even if you are joking, this is not the area to make fun of. These weekend warriors are fighting for our freedom just like Active Duty. You as Military should know this and I am ashammed you don't respect them, so sad...
Old 12-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #20
the_fast_one

Drives: 2017 red hot zl1
Ssgt 88m IlARNG I've got two tours to Iraq and coming up on one to Afghanistan in ten years. I've logged over 20k miles through Iraq as a lead vehicle commander and a gunner on convoy security elements. I've been shot at the same as the regular guys and had ieds go off just the same as they do for regular army.

I have a buddy in the 19th SFG that would probably beg to differ about national guard not counting as well.

Do not hate us weekend warriors because we chose to attend college or something else and still answered the call to serve our country.

Last edited by the_fast_one; 12-30-2013 at 09:10 AM.
the_fast_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #21
scoticus.rex
LTC, USA

Drives: Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BottleFEED View Post
I know the game and I still count them out lol. But on another note good to see some that are here I'm Sgt/11b here !

Having once been a young sergeant, I would respectfully tell you, you don't know squat... to include how to spell the word 'pogue.' I was trying to be gentle, but since you broke out the entrenching tool and kept digging your hole deeper...

Reservists fight, bleed and die just as active service members do. For you to denigrate their service dishonors the sacrifices they have made. As an NCO, a leader, you need to put a little more thought into your public statements before you print them online. This is the type of rhetoric I would expect to see from a private, not an NCO.

I would also say you need to learn a little more about the history of your chosen profession, The US Military has a rich legacy based mostly on the concept of the citizen soldier (i.e. the weekend warrior). The professional military we have today is a relatively recent concept and one that comes with about as many drawbacks as it does benefits.

As a leader of soldiers, I would suggest to you that you need to adjust your world view a little and take into account some other perspectives. That is part of what being a leader means. Camaro5 is probably not the best place for this discussion, but it is a public forum and it is the place you chose to flippantly insult about a 45% of our force, so it is what it is.

~Rex

Hobbes - 2013 Camaro 2SS RS M6
scoticus.rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:10 AM   #22
Ladon02

Drives: Saving for a 2SS 1LE RS
How dare you disparage the National Guard and Reservists that have been putting there buts on the line with multiple deployments and have given their lives for this Nation.

I have had 2 tours in Iraq the first as a Battalion 2 flying UH-60s in OIF III and the second as a C-23 Sherpa Company Commander at the end bringing all the airplanes back to the States. I have had the privilege of commanding Soldiers that had already done 4 tours prior to the last one with two of them being blown up on their first tour by a mortar in Balad.

Here is a link to one of the Soldiers I personally knew that lost his life in Afghanistan saving a young child.

http://photoblog.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/04/02/10985595-rhode-island-national-guardsman-killed-while-saving-an-afghan-boy-is-laid-to-rest-in-providence?lite

If you were one of my soldiers you would have some remedial PT for being an idiot.
Ladon02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #23
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoticus.rex View Post

Having once been a young sergeant, I would respectfully tell you, you don't know squat... to include how to spell the word 'pogue.' I was trying to be gentle, but since you broke out the entrenching tool and kept digging your hole deeper...

Reservists fight, bleed and die just as active service members do. For you to denigrate their service dishonors the sacrifices they have made. As an NCO, a leader, you need to put a little more thought into your public statements before you print them online. This is the type of rhetoric I would expect to see from a private, not an NCO.

I would also say you need to learn a little more about the history of your chosen profession, The US Military has a rich legacy based mostly on the concept of the citizen soldier (i.e. the weekend warrior). The professional military we have today is a relatively recent concept and one that comes with about as many drawbacks as it does benefits.

As a leader of soldiers, I would suggest to you that you need to adjust your world view a little and take into account some other perspectives. That is part of what being a leader means. Camaro5 is probably not the best place for this discussion, but it is a public forum and it is the place you chose to flippantly insult about a 45% of our force, so it is what it is.

~Rex

Thank you very much for your post Rex! Semper Fi! I would say maybe this thread will open up this Sgt's eyes, but in all honesty, I doubt it will make a difference at all.

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:26 AM   #24
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Does Ex Mil count?
I was a 13 Fox, 3/29FA 4th ID out of Ft Carson, but was medically discharged due to a service connected injury
Old 12-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #25
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
6 Years Active duty Navy...still a newb compared to some of you guys out there.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #26
meatmeat

Drives: batmobile
Going on six years now four active. Now I'm a "weekend warrior"???. (Spc Army)
Old 12-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #27
MrWray
SYBIL

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS, silver ice metallic
I was never able to join the military even though it was my life goal as soon as I graduated high school. I am from a very small family and I was the only living male member, so I was denied the privilege to serve my country. I did however join law enforcement and spent a little over 10 years serving my community, I did get shot at several times, ive used my firearm in the line of duty, and have a few injuries from fights that I still deal with, but nothing that compares to what alot of you have dealt with. All of you in here are heros and I want to say thank you and god bless you for defending this great nation that we call home.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #28
BottleFEED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
To clear things up I am a grunt an I will always pick ok "pogs" (which is how we say it not pogue) and I have respect for the weekend warriors I just give them shit for not knowing what it's really like as active duty. So calm your birches all you politicians. I have a family and a kid and know what it's like to skype and be away for a 12 month on a fob with no internet or phones besides my afghan cell.. I have a Purple Heart an CIB I know first hand about being blown up still have metal in my leg an just had surgery to pull some out not fun. As for not knowing about Hawaii do research before you call it shame I'll leave it at that. My post was to see if there was any active duty grunts here
BottleFEED is offline   Reply With Quote