Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-17-2014, 09:51 PM   #1
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
3D carbon fiber fender vents

Does anyone have pics of this kit installed on their car? Did you install yourself?
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 10:07 PM   #2
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Yes I have them and no I didn't install them myself. I had mine painted and installed by a local body shop that does a lot of work for me.

You will want to use the search function, there are lots of threads on these.
Attached Images

OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #3
kosmo
Finally Satisfied

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS M6
I installed them myself. Toughest part is to get past cutting your baby!
Attached Images

kosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:17 PM   #4
meSSohappy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Were the instructions easy and accurate? I read in a post, that I cant find, about the owner having difficult with the placement of the template. I installed an acs hood insert with window so this shouldn't be that hard.
DAVENPORT STAGE 2 PLUS - 2" ARH ceramic coated headers - 3" ARH catless exhaust - Stock NPP mufflers - Kong ported SC - Katech 103 ported TB - Rotofab 5" Big gulp CAI - 22.5% lower pulley - ATI Harmonic balancer - Cordes SC expansion tank - MSD hi temp ignition wires - Koolsox spark plug insulators - custom tunes - 660hp/725tq pump - 713hp/763tq race

meSSohappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 07:23 PM   #5
kosmo
Finally Satisfied

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by meSSohappy View Post
Were the instructions easy and accurate? I read in a post, that I cant find, about the owner having difficult with the placement of the template. I installed an acs hood insert with window so this shouldn't be that hard.
I found it easy and I am by no means that mechanical. Comes with templates that line up with the gap for the door and the body line above. Draw your line and cut. I used a dremel with a metal cutting blade. Took a little longer than a saw I am sure but I found it easier to control. Pretty simple. I installed hex vents in the hood as well and I found these easier.
kosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:59 AM   #6
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
3D carbon fiber fender vents

I have them as well...If you can swing it do full fender swap with vents built into fenders. Garys Customz has them....IMO looks better and not glued in. However, if want to go the cheaper route, 3d customs are fairly easy to install. I'm saving for Garys Customz fenders now.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419084077.131245.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  159.0 KB
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #7
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
I paid a shop to install them and ACS-T4 Bumper ports. Made by 2 different companies but look like awesome together.
Attached Images

Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #8
ELIC1
Account Suspended

Drives: black and silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
I paid a shop to install them and ACS-T4 Bumper ports. Made by 2 different companies but look like awesome together.
i have the same ports and love them. your car look really good nice job
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 12:26 PM   #9
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Thanks!
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote