Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-25-2008, 09:52 PM   #29
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallyman6 View Post
That's true - but your kit looks like its for up to 19" rims where I will run 20s?
Maybe I misread the notes
if you're shelling out for the advanced suspension performance, why would you still go with 20s? the smaller, lighter wheels will give you better handling and ride, according to the guys that tested 18s & 19s on the V6 cars. (the 18s being better than 19s). just curious. personally, i'd rather have a little more sidewall (and a little lower tire prices)
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:11 AM   #30
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
DMS, this is a little off topic but I've got to know. Since you're so familiar with the Camaro what is the rear wheel clearance like? Do you think it will be possile to fit 20x11's with 315 tires in the back without any modifications? After seeing the car there seems to be about an inch of room on the street side, but the car side is what I'm worried about although I'm sure there should be at least another inch of room there.

Any help?

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:49 AM   #31
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackZbandit View Post
DMS, this is a little off topic but I've got to know. Since you're so familiar with the Camaro what is the rear wheel clearance like? Do you think it will be possile to fit 20x11's with 315 tires in the back without any modifications? After seeing the car there seems to be about an inch of room on the street side, but the car side is what I'm worried about although I'm sure there should be at least another inch of room there.

Any help?
I wish I could help you but I can only speculate at this point. I think a 315 tire might be too much. but just like so many vehicles, we really need to be able to play with them, and also to maximize on offsets. I it will work, you will most likely have to have some custom offsets, which will cost you.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:29 AM   #32
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
if you're shelling out for the advanced suspension performance, why would you still go with 20s? the smaller, lighter wheels will give you better handling and ride, according to the guys that tested 18s & 19s on the V6 cars. (the 18s being better than 19s). just curious. personally, i'd rather have a little more sidewall (and a little lower tire prices)
I will run 20s when I use the car on the street and will have a second set of wheels & tires 18s when I go to open track events and auto-x.

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #33
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallyman6 View Post
I will run 20s when I use the car on the street and will have a second set of wheels & tires 18s when I go to open track events and auto-x.
20s are really popular in Australia on the ZETA rides there. But not with massive hp. It is great to have an extra set of wheels for play and looks. It like having a pair of dress shows, and a pair of track shoes with spikes!!! LOOK OUT!! LOL
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote