Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-08-2008, 02:22 AM   #99
Dark Eric

Drives: 1998 Pontiac Firebird
Wow this one has yellow in the back lights, wonder if thats a Z28 or SS only option. Those photos are excellent! Thanks!!!

The only concern is that I haven't seen one with a sun roof in quite some time...
Old 04-08-2008, 02:28 AM   #100
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
I gotta say that I am really loving these new pics... more so than before because I'm european so I can get a feel for what I'll be driving (if I ever get one). I hate the orange rear lights (legality here unfortunately) but the front plate looks alright (I was worried - it doesn't look built to take a front plate).

So far so good!
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:53 AM   #101
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Eric View Post
Wow this one has yellow in the back lights, wonder if thats a Z28 or SS only option. Those photos are excellent! Thanks!!!

The only concern is that I haven't seen one with a sun roof in quite some time...
They talk about this in some earlier posts. The yellow lights are required in a lot of foreign countries. Apparently Germany is one of them. Pops confirmed that the US cars will have all red lights like the concept.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:19 AM   #102
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
very niceeeeeee

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #103
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
:tweetz: :tweetz: :tweetz: :tweetz:

Thats all I have to say.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:00 AM   #104
fRenzy
Where's the Beer?

Drives: 07 Tacoma :(
I am indeed, in love.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:06 AM   #105
RobertHarriSS

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
New guy here... Like many other newbies, I've been lurking Camaro sites like this FOREVER. I consider Camaro5 to be the best place for up to date information and the "regulars" seem like good people, (they don't fuss and fight like the lot over at camaroZ28).
The reason I've never posted before was because I never had any thing to add the the wealth of information found here until now.
I was reading the post about the black mule with the brembos and going from link to link, and I came upon an interesting read at http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/07/s...bos/3#comments.
Look at the comments of Scott 3. It seems like he might be someone we all know... and if this is not that someone, it's still friggin cool if there's any truth to it.
Check it out:

Ok lets let the fact get in the way here.

This is a SS the middle model car. It is expected the Brembo's will make it to the SS. Even the Cobalt has Brembo's on it's SS version.

The Z/28 is to come and will be supercharged with a engien just a little different from the CTSv. Also expect bigger brakes and tires. Note this cars rotors can grow much more. The Z/28 will be top dog in about a 2 years.

No spoiler here as this is a mule and like most street cars rear spoilers have little effect on cars with a large green house. A spoiler is to come yet. Like the head lights they will be much like the show car. Besides this deck lid is damaged as this is just a beat up mule for tuning the suspension. It may have more miles now than most Camaro's will see in the next 5 years.

Weight 3500-3700.

Size, This car is about the size of a Mustang and not a real large or tall car. It is about the size of a Malibu and smaller than a G8.

Tuning this car will be the team with engineer and SCCA champion John Heinresey. He has tuned all the new SS and V series cars. The first ones were lacking a little because they were working with old suspension bits. Now they have new parts and we should see some world class performance out of this car.

If they can make a Cobalt run 8.22 and a HHR in the 8.70's at the ring just think what 420 HP will do.

Look for times in the mid 7's and it will run with the Bemmers all day. Yes in feel and control at 2/3rds the cost. The perfromance will be impressive.

Think G8 only better since the G8 was not tuned by John yet. The GXP is to come will be.

Contary to the reports this is a Pony or Muscle car those terms are false. The new Camaro is a all around performance car that will run, handle and stop with many of the best 4 seat coupes on the market.

Like it or hate it is is here and it will be respectable. At the price it will be a bargin.
RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #106
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Ok guys, The headlights look to be about the same in size as my 2006 Monte Carlo, just different location.
Now, anybody know about the gas filler location? Is it going o be on the right side? GM has always put them on the left.
Being a fan of white, anyone else notice the black gas lid on the white ones??? Surely not, Geno
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #107
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
Ok guys, The headlights look to be about the same in size as my 2006 Monte Carlo, just different location.
Now, anybody know about the gas filler location? Is it going o be on the right side? GM has always put them on the left.
Being a fan of white, anyone else notice the black gas lid on the white ones??? Surely not, Geno
Hey Geno, to answer your question about the gas cap...the pre-pros predict the gas cap location. It will be on the right side. The gas cap location is decided by the Zeta platform itself. In a comment that Camero made in some thread a while ago he backed me up when I talked about the gas cap location. Zeta is a global platform and part of that means the gas cap is going to be on the right...Check out the plans for other Zeta cars...the gas cap will be on the right, too. It's ok though...some people are upset about it, but honestly...what a small, small thing. It just means making an adjustment when pulling up to the pump!

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:46 AM   #108
punkdrum01

Drives: 1999 z28 Vert Black/Black
:bangdesk: :bangdesk:
punkdrum01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:50 AM   #109
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHarriSS View Post
New guy here... Like many other newbies, I've been lurking Camaro sites like this FOREVER. I consider Camaro5 to be the best place for up to date information and the "regulars" seem like good people, (they don't fuss and fight like the lot over at camaroZ28).
The reason I've never posted before was because I never had any thing to add the the wealth of information found here until now.
I was reading the post about the black mule with the brembos and going from link to link, and I came upon an interesting read at http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/07/s...bos/3#comments.
Look at the comments of Scott 3. It seems like he might be someone we all know... and if this is not that someone, it's still friggin cool if there's any truth to it.
Check it out:

This is a SS the middle model car. It is expected the Brembo's will make it to the SS. Even the Cobalt has Brembo's on it's SS version.

The Z/28 is to come and will be supercharged with a engien just a little different from the CTSv. Also expect bigger brakes and tires. Note this cars rotors can grow much more. The Z/28 will be top dog in about a 2 years.

No spoiler here as this is a mule and like most street cars rear spoilers have little effect on cars with a large green house. A spoiler is to come yet. Like the head lights they will be much like the show car. Besides this deck lid is damaged as this is just a beat up mule for tuning the suspension. It may have more miles now than most Camaro's will see in the next 5 years.

Weight 3500-3700.

Size, This car is about the size of a Mustang and not a real large or tall car. It is about the size of a Malibu and smaller than a G8.

Tuning this car will be the team with engineer and SCCA champion John Heinresey. He has tuned all the new SS and V series cars. The first ones were lacking a little because they were working with old suspension bits. Now they have new parts and we should see some world class performance out of this car.

If they can make a Cobalt run 8.22 and a HHR in the 8.70's at the ring just think what 420 HP will do.

Look for times in the mid 7's and it will run with the Bemmers all day. Yes in feel and control at 2/3rds the cost. The perfromance will be impressive.

Think G8 only better since the G8 was not tuned by John yet. The GXP is to come will be.

Contary to the reports this is a Pony or Muscle car those terms are false. The new Camaro is a all around performance car that will run, handle and stop with many of the best 4 seat coupes on the market.

Like it or hate it is is here and it will be respectable. At the price it will be a bargin.
First; WELCOME!!!

That's a nice find but I find it strange at all the errors posted in this comment. It seems to me that when Father posts, he's really articulate and gramatically accurate. This poster even seems to spell John Heinricy's name incorrectly, which I don't think would be a mistake someone like Father would make regarding such a performance guru as John is.

Maybe it's just me; I'm not trying to dispute your find in any way, just that that individual is Father...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:20 AM   #110
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
First; WELCOME!!!

That's a nice find but I find it strange at all the errors posted in this comment. It seems to me that when Father posts, he's really articulate and gramatically accurate. This poster even seems to spell John Heinricy's name incorrectly, which I don't think would be a mistake someone like Father would make regarding such a performance guru as John is.

Maybe it's just me; I'm not trying to dispute your find in any way, just that that individual is Father...

that and fbodfather would never be that specific
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #111
RobertHarriSS

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Yeah, after I posted, I re-read the quote and it's not fbod's style. He would never be so sloppy or so free with the info. I read some more of this guys posts at the autoblog site and he either knows something or he's good at pretending he knows. There's a lot of people out there pretending they know about the production model and I think I might have been fooled by one of them.
It's still interesting and I hope very close to the truth.

Thanx for the welcome.
RobertHarriSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:59 PM   #112
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHarriSS View Post
Check it out:

Weight 3500-3700.

Not sure who this "Scott 3" is -- but let me go on record that it is not me.

(and if I ever mis-spell that many words -- SHOOT ME!)

Many facts are wrong on that post.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote